4th time to Seoul and had a free trip 3D2N by a business partner. Was put up in InterContinental Seoul COEX.
1. Location - downtown in Gangnam. We took cabs mainly but I noted that there is a subway near the hotel. Near to shopping places, plenty of food and clubs. Taxis are aplenty and costs less than USD15 to most places so is considered very cheap for an urban city like Seoul.
2. Rooms - comfortable and spacious. Decor is similar to other InterContinental. Nothing too surprising. Bed is comfortable, bathroom is also well equipped - separate shower place from bath tub.
3. Hotel - the hotel itself is linked to Duty Free shopping as well as the largest underground shopping, COEX Mall. So in a case of rainy day, you may just want to stay around the area since there is also an aquarium for fish and marine lovers.
4. Transport to airport - there is a regular interval of airport limousine buses running to Incheon and Gimpo for about 15,000 Won. Reliable and comfortable mode of vehicle to the airport.
5. Breakfast selection - the BEST in town. You can have korean, japanese, international selection. I simply love the abalone porridge.
If i am going to Seoul for business I will consider this hotel for its location, breakfast, facilities and reliability as an international chain however there seems to be a slight lack of style and vibrancy - maybe it is located in the downtown core which lacks historical or touristy views (think of Namsam, Insadong, Gwanghwamun).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Seoul COEX is part of the massive World Trade Center Seoul, the country s one-stop business destination. You ll walk to COEX, Korea City Air Terminal and the COEX Mall s underground 16-screen theatre and more than 200 shops. Well worth a short drive are the Namdaemun Market, the Namsan Hanok Village and the Korean War Battlefields. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Ctrip TA so you can book your InterContinental Seoul COEX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Seoul Coex Hotel Seoul