“2nd time with key issue” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Street Seoul

Save Saved
You added Seven Street Seoul to your Saves list
Seven Street Seoul
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   117 Cheonggyecheon-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-420, South Korea   |
Ranked #109 of 387 hotels in Seoul
“2nd time with key issue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I just checked in yesterday afternoon and when my key was given to me it had the room number taped to it. I asked the front desk girl to take it off but she really didn't understand me. If I happen to lose key someone could just come back to my room and take everything if key has room # taped to it.

Alexandra I'm here right now as we speak
I change to a different room tomorrow.........
PLEASE get in touch with me about this issue
Robert Lac. Thank you

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

If you are planning to visit the famous spots - Insadong, Buchon, Samcheongdong but do not want to stay near shopping area like Myeongdong, then this is a good choice. Few minutes walk from Jungno-3 station, which is also a stop for airport limo bus 6002; nearby the hotel there's lots of eateries, local restaurants, cafes, street food. But it might not appeal to everyone as it is situated in a very 'local' area, with rows of hardware shops left and right of the hotel. But I like the 'feel' of it, very 'real'.
Room is indeed small but very comfortable bed, free wifi and good rain shower.

Room Tip: There's a free water and ice dispenser near the lift area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the hotel with my friend in a twin room.
Pros:
1. very comfortable bed with comfy duvet, pillows and mattress. excellent sleep quality.
2. 2 bottles of complimentary water every day.
3. Free access to fast and stable wifi thorughout the hotel.
4. very clean bathroom with lots of towels and hair dryer
5. TV with lots of local and foreign channels. love the CGV movies channel.
6. convenient location. very close to Myeongdong
7. 7-11 at the basement

Cons:
1. Inconvenient to get to the hotel from airport as there're no direct shuttle buses from Incheon Airport to Sutton.
2. The address of the hotel does not show up on local taxis' GPS which took a bit of time for the driver to figure out the location.
3. The air conditioning was very loud inside the room
4. No desk/chair inside room as the room is small.
5. It would be better if the hotel could provide some spoons and forks so guests can eat food inside rooms...
6. the hotel is located in a sketchy neighborhood. when the home supplies stores all close at night, it's quite scary to walk back to the hotel in the dark.

Room Tip: choose rooms on higher floors as it's quite noisy in the morning
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The location of Sutton hotel is not too hard to find - we took a airport bus 6002 from Incheon airport and alighted at Jongno 3-ga station. The Sutton hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the Jongno 3-ga station (turn right at the cross junction and right again at the next cross junction) and right next to the Cheonggyecheon stream, though we have to drag our luggages past rows of shops selling industrial signs, equipments etc. There is a 24 hrs convenient store beside the hotel, thus you can get food, drinks & toiletries even at night.

The reception is average, fluency of English is acceptable but nothing too impressive. Room is nice and clean, though it is a bit small and there is little space to move around once the luggages were opened. Good view of the streets below from our room. The bathroom was okay but small and although I was glad that the toilet has an electronic bidet, the problem was figuring out how to use it when the instructions are in Korean.

Not too bad as the price was reasonable and the location is great, just don't expect anything too fanciful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Room was small but I expected. Housekeeping was ok. But they have really speechless staff working at frontdesk. My friend requested for late check out just 1 hour extra and they said ok. But front desk staff called at 11 10hrs to tell us to check out so my friend explain to the staff he already for late check out til 12pm. Then he said "oh..." and just hung up the phone.
Again after 10~15mins, another staff called us to tell the same thing. My friend was kind enough to explain again. And....11 40am..another staff called us to say sams thing.

There were 3 staffs working at front desk and I was just so mad and tell them what it is all about. Then finally she apologized and said other staffs are under training still. ???? so they took mistake? Then...why she still called us to check out.

Staff can't speak english well and couldn't even tell me how to go to palace.

All my good memories about Korea got ruined by this. Do not stay here unless you've been to many times to Korea.

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Seoul hotels

singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in Sutton Hotel during our first trip to Korea in May 2013. The check in was fast and ok, but the room is very very small, even smaller than Japan standard. Then we found that the bed sheet was dirty, with very obvious stain on it..it's very obvious, wonder how the housekeeping staff can accept to put this kind of dirty blanket on the bed...then we went to reception and complain to the staff..the answer from the staft was: "The housekeeping is not available after 2pm( if i remember correctly the timing), need to wait until tomorrow 10am", Then my wife request to change another room. The staff said no room available and after few minutes of argument, The staff reply in bad manner way, " Can I see your room?" and when she saw the bed, and she know is the housekeeping fault, immediately reply: "Let me check again whether got another room for you"..not even a word sorry!!Finally we manage to change a bigger and clean room but no apology from the staff..this will be the last time i stay in Sutton Hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
써튼호텔, 매니저 at Seven Street Seoul, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Warmest greeting from Sutton Hotel Seoul!

Thank you for your stay at the Sutton Hotel Seoul and sincerely appreciate your review and the honest feedback during your stay and apologize that our performance was not what you expected or deserved.
your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members.
Your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

We do hope that you may return in the future, so that we may reaffirm your faith in our hotel.

Best Regards
Alexandra Shin
Reservation Department
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Sutton is in a good location for touring around the heart of Seoul. If you arrive late at night, like we did, it may not look like you're in a very good part of town, but take heart, it's fine. It's just that when things close up for the night it looks sketchy in the surrounding area. The hotel staff was helpful. We reserved two rooms. One for my wife and I and another for my three daughters. The room my wife and I stayed in was VERY small. Not really enough room for the double bed! And the bathroom was difficult to use... BUT... we were only there to sleep, as we spent the daytime exploring Seoul. So put up with the small-ness. It serves its purpose. The other room for my daughters was larger and held three single beds, which was a nice touch. I think the best part was breakfast offered in the basement restaurant. For ₩10000 per person (less than $10 at current exchange rate) we had an excellent breakfast buffet that included smoked salmon, lychee, bulgogi, and several other traditional Korean foods. There is easy access to the subway line, Seoul Station is not far away, and the hotel will provide a shuttle to Seoul station when necessary. All in all a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the stream (front of the hotel).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
써튼호텔, 매니저 at Seven Street Seoul, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from Sutton Hotel Seoul.

Thank you for stay and thank you for your great review. I am delighted to know that we met your expectations on service and accommodations.
I quiet enjoyed reading your review and think you would make a great travel writer.
Please know that we are dedicated to providing a service experience that is intuitive, responsive and naturally flawless.
As you mentioned, guest can reach subway station within 4~5 minutes by walk. and easy to visit lots of attraction too.
And It is please to hear that our staff was helpful and could assist you well.
Should your travels bring you back to Seoul,Korea, please do reach out so that we may ensure you are well taken care of once again

Best Regards
Alexandra Shin
Reservation Supervisor

Been to Seven Street Seoul? Share your experiences!