“Nice stay and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

106-105 Nogosan-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea   |
Ranked #41 of 380 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Nice stay and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

It was my first time staying in Backpackers Korea, it is very convenient that the hostel is near to subway. A lot of department stores, supermarkets and restaruants are near by the hostel.
The rate is reasonable, the rooms are comfortable and the staff are nice and helpful too.
I am happy to stay in Backpackers Korea, and thanks for the order service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have stayed here twice during my trip to Seoul in 2012 and 2013. Location is good with good foods around and near to departmental stores, rate is reasonable and the staffs there are helpful. Was pretty amazed by one of the staff Eric who can still remember who I am when I return to Korea in 2013. Will definitely stay here again the next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The place is very near to subway.There are a lots of convenient stores nearby. The staffs there are very helpful and efficient.We met with some problems in locating the place we wanted to go, and the staff there helped us to find the place.Whenever we have any enquiry or problem they will help us to solve it patiently.yup they can communicate in English well too.

• Stayed November 2013
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had a nice trip in Korea as BK was provided a cosy and convenience rest place to us! The room rate is reasonable, the people here are nice and helpful.
P.S. flow of water not very flexible, but can be acceptable :)

Thanks so much for giving us a memorable trip there!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was at BK guest house for three weeks and despite arriving late at night, the staff welcomed me warmly and guided me to my room. I stayed in their double en suite which had a private bathroom, a mini fridge, a desk with a computer and a high quality 32 inch flat screen with a lot of cable channels; a K pop fan’s dream. High speed WiFi is on every level, including the common room/kitchen in the basement. A WiFi-egg is also available for you to rent and if you are lucky, the free rental promotion might still be on!
Bread, egg, jam spreads, tea and coffee are available in the kitchen at all times, just keep in mind that you should clean your utensils after using it. To use the washing machine it is free however if you want to use the dryer, it costs 2000 won. If you want to air dry your clothes, there are hangers available for you to use.
The guesthouse is a three minute walk (yes, I actually timed myself. If you are lazy, it’s an easy five minutes) to Sinchon exit number 7, with many restaurants and cafes also close by. If you want to cook during your stay, there is a Grand Mart located right next to the station that is cheaper than the Hyundai Department Store, which is also next to Sinchon Station.
Sinchon is an easy bus and train ride from Hongdae; it is only one stop away on line number 2. Maybe because Yonsei University is close to Sinchon, it had the university atmosphere at night which is good if you are a party person. If you are not, the guest house is in one of the side streets so it is nice and quiet in your room.
The staffs were very friendly and spoke English very well. They helped me with my Korean at times and since I was travelling alone, they kept me company and helped me whenever I needed it.
I really enjoyed my stay there; I will go back whenever I have the chance. Korea is a really lovely place with friendly people.

The pictures provided on their website is exactly what the guest house looks like :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is my second time stay in backpackers. It is near by the subway station .The staffs were really friendly and helpful.they can speak and understand english.there have high speed Free wifi ,you also can borrow the wifi pocket for go out ,its for free when you stay at backpackers.the room is clean and comfortable^_^

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

A nice place to stay with good and warm services from Sam, Eric and Dee, and rest of their team members. They are very helpful and fun at the same time. Language is not a problem here as they can speak & understand English. BK is very near to subway station, and along the road there are some food stalls selling Korean street food and fruits which we liked most. It's a great experience for us to stay with them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Backpackers Korea Sinchon? Share your experiences!