“Not what I was waiting for.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 12,934 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Mexican, Asian fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Not what I was waiting for.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

The place is alright but it doesn't have a mexican style at all. The food is good but it is really expensive and it's not real close to real mexican food. I wish they served more traditional style food.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Bossier City
“Fusion taste of home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Can't recommend this place more. Had to wait two hours for our table, but it was just that busy! Food came out in a flash, but we were never rushed. Their rice liquor margarita was great. The street tacos were a wonderful taste of home was a nice Korean twist. Wish they had more Korean flavor, but really good anyway! Had a cool app with french fries topped with meat, onions, and other goodness. Wish we had room for the bacon and jalapeño brownie!

“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We have eaten at Vatos four times now, and we plan to go back regularly. I am no expert on Mexican food, but I do know when something is delicious, and everything I have had at Vatos has been delicious. You start with a basket of corn tortilla chips and homemade salsa and guacamole on the house. You can tell the salsa is homemade because it never tastes the same, with varying degrees of heat, smoke, and seasonings but always yummy. We have tried almost every taco, and while we like some better than others, we would gladly have any of them again. My favorite is the galbi short rib taco, with the braised carnitas and chili lime shrimp tied for second. The California Fresh Salad is surprisingly addictive. The burger was okay, but don't go there for the burgers - it's tacos all the way. Next I plan to work my way through the burrito menu. As for drinks, they serve a real (non-frozen) margarita, which is a rare treat in Seoul. Go on off days or off hours to avoid the lines; without a reservation, you should plan to wait at least an hour on a Friday or Saturday night. Since we live close, we never go at peak times and have never waited more than 10 minutes. Service is excellent. All servers are bilingual and perfectly attentive.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Mexican Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Vatos is a great Mexican restaurant, it has some cool Mexican/Korean fusion options and it's a lively atmosphere. We had some great taco's and the kimchi fries were a tasty side with our meal. The nutella nacho's were a cool desert that we had too. My only complaint was my margarita was a bit on the sweet side, I prefer them to be more sour, but that's just a personal preference. On the whole I really enjoyed Vatos, so much so that we went there 2 days in a row! The craft beer selection is also very satisfying. Be warned that you will have to wait for a seat during peak dining times as it is a very popular spot.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“Great food but a bit pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The place was really nice but packed! They are very popular and we waited in line for around 45 minutes. But in the end, it was worthed it! The food was really good. I tried their most famous burger which was really nice (Longhoorn or something, not sure of the name). The tacos were also really nice. If you want some suggestion on the menu, the staff is more than willing to help you. And they speak English and Korean so you could say that it's very foreigner-friendly.

My only issue is with the price, a bit too much. A beer is around 8$ and we ended up spending around 25$ per person (and you can go much higher than that).

• Visited August 2014