“Residence EO during winter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence EO

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seoul
Residence EO
18-6 Namsan-dong 2-ga, Seoul 100-042, South Korea   |
Ranked #37 of 520 Seoul B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Residence EO during winter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This place is located near Myeong Dong station (take exit 3). As you come out from the station, you will see Pacific Hotel and go all the way up (on your left) until you reach a convenient store known a Ministop on your right and Residence EO is directly opposite. For first time guests, please bring along your toiletries as well as some fabric detergent (if you intend to do some washing as every family room comes with a washing machine). I was there during winter with my kids, where temperature was sub zero, and the management kept the place heated 24hours! I heard from other travelers staying at other places, the management switch off heating after midnight. Mr Lee and Monica very helpful and speak english , which is a major plus . This place is also very near the night spot so very good for shoppers and a lot of restaurants are located near this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We booked a double room for 4 nights in November 2012. The residence is very clean, new, and secure, conveniently located just 3 minutes walk from subway and Myeongdong shopping area. Which is good because it is nice and quiet at night. As per the other reviews, Mr. Lee and his front desk staff speak English very well and are always willing to lend a helping hand....and offer great tips for sight seeing!

The room itself was small, but very reasonable and had all the amenities you can ask for in a hostel. Loved the heated floors! The breakfast is very basic, cereal, milk and bread, but there are many eateries within walking distance, including an awesome convenience store (GS25) that sells the most delicious sweet potatoes and kimbap for only approx $1USD.

Overall great place to stay if you are looking for good value! If you are arriving by airport shuttle or subway, be prepared to carry your luggage uphill a bit (it is about 3 minutes walk) and up the stairs as there is no lift. It is easy to find following the directions from the Residence EO website.

Room Tip: request lower level if you have heavy luggage as the residence has no elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was my 1st visit to Seoul, 2 days for leisure after 5 days of work at Yeosu. My friend and I were lucky to get the room, after several attempts online to get others from our country. Hostels are booked fast within 2 months in Seoul, so plan early! Based on previous trip advisor reviews, I booked this one. My friend was glad I did - I noticed as we walked towards the hostel the 1st time that this seemed to be the cleanest and safest in the area and there were many hostels that we saw. Mr Lee, the owner, was friendly and so was the lady who managed the counter during the day. They speak English! I found out that it was hard to get directions in English from Koreans, so the help given by the lady was very much appreciated - the bus to the airport, the shopping etc..There was a fridge, a microwave, and a washing machine in the room! Since we didn't understand Korean, we just used the m/wave through trial and error. The room was small and the shower room has no curtain - we wonder if Koreans do not use shower curtains since the previous guest house we stayed in has no shower curtains too. Fortunately, the door of the shower room was facing away from our bed. The hostel was close to the metro line 4 and Myeongdong shopping area was just across the road - great after a day of visit somewhere else to just stroll in the evening looking at beauty products that Myeongdong has to offer, free samples too. And there is a 24-hour convenient store less than 5 minutes away to get your microwavable rice pack and mineral water.

Room Tip: Request for a lower floor if you have big baggage like us. There is no elevator for all 4 floors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

If Myeong-dong location is a must then Residence EO is located well.
What we liked about it was the location and security of this place.

Other than that, nothing too outstanding and it does the job.

Don't expect a hotel, it is more like a small one room with everything it it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at Residence EO in our first time trip to Seoul in July 2012. The room was very clean, modern style and equipped with microwave, refrigerator, flat TV, AC, hot and cold shower. They provided breakfast : toast with jam, cereal and milk, coffee and tea. Mr Lee and the staffs are very helpful. Mr Lee is speaking English very well, and he helped us to get discount for Nanta's Show just by showing his namecard. The best part is the Location...it's very near to Myeongdong subway station, to airport limousine bus-stop, and 10-minutes walking to Namsan Tower cable car. At first we booked for 3 nights, and then we extended 3 more nights because we enjoyed stay at EO

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is my 3rd trip to Seoul. Last year we stayed at Ib Ville, which is along the same road but further up. EO is new and modern, perhaps I should just summarize into few key points:

The Good:
- location is very near to myeongdong station, mini mart is just opposite and there are some restaurants nearby
- new, clean and modern, comes equipped with washing machine, fridge and microwave
- friendly owner

The not so good:
- small (this is common among most guesthouses anyway)
- no lift (the first night we were given a room on the 4th floor and the bathroom's shower area has an awkard pillar making the area very small)

If I do return to Seoul, I will consider EO again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at Residence EO for 10 days and 9 nights. Upon my arrival at Residence EO I was greeted by Mr. Lee, who was kind enough to allow me to check into my room earlier than the check-in time. I stayed in a double bed room on the 2nd floor, which was nice considering there is no elevator at Residence EO, so carrying my luggage up and down one flight of stairs was okay with me. The room was clean with all the amenities the other guests have mentioned, as well Mr. Lee provides each occupant indoor slippers to keep the hallways and common areas of Residence EO dust free from outside elements.

The location of Residence EO was opposite to Myeong-Dong and about a 3-5 minute walk to the subway station. Truthfully, the location is why I chose Residence EO and was relieved when I arrive to find this place clean and new, as oppose to other places I have stayed at in Korea around the same area. Price was reasonable for my length of stay, and the staff was friendly and eager to answer any questions you may have.

Breakfast is provided for guests, however right from the beginning Mr. Lee tells you that it is a simple breakfast - but there are plenty of great eateries around Residence EO for really good Korean food, therefore visitors should take advantage of that rather than the breakfast at the residence.

Wi-fi was also provided on all different floors of Residence EO, and while I was there, the wi-fi connection was really good, even on the day a typhoon was in Seoul.

All in all, I would stay at Residence EO again if it maintains its condition and upkeep currently, and would recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Residence EO? Share your experiences!