““I would love to sleep here everyday!”” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doo guesthouse Bukchon

You added Doo guesthouse Bukchon to your Saves list
Doo guesthouse Bukchon
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   15-6 Gye-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-800, South Korea (Samcheongdong / Bukchon)   |
Ranked #91 of 380 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
““I would love to sleep here everyday!””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We wanted to experience the Hanok Stay during our family trip in Korea and we're decided to stay that we have make the right choice to Doo guesthouse in Bukchon!

We have stayed for five days at Doo guesthouse. The staff Donny and Min are very welcoming hosts and

were so kind and helpful. They always want to help our plan and get information more.

We were travelling with family and all stayed in special room together with a private bathroom and slept on Korean bedding.

The room was very warm and nice ondol, i have good slept on the floor in the middle of winter!

Also There is a beautiful garden over the yard, it will be nice choice to see the flower if you visit on May or June.

The location is amazing! It's easy to walk to airport bus stop and 5 minutes walk to Changdeok Palace.

Also very close to the Bukchon Hanok vilage.

We walked from the hanok to Insadong very easily. The subway is nearby as well.

We will definitely stay again to this Doo guesthouse and say hey!! we miss you!! ^^

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I revisited Doo Guesthouse in November 2012 because I had a pretty good experience the first time around. If anyone went there because of my first review, my apologies. First off, Donny the owner/manager(?) is not around anymore. I think he expanded and has another location in Itaewon where he spends his time. The staff at the Bukchon location seem like students working part-time. They're all perfectly nice and helpful, but still there's a difference between part-time help and someone there 24/7. Second, the single that I got was teeny tiny--about 7'x8' if that. It was in the upper courtyard where the wifi didn't function. Small would have been ok if the room had any charm. Instead it was not that clean, sort of dark and grim with the paper doors full of patches. The ondol heating also didn't work my first night. The thermostat was in the room next to mine, which nobody told me, so I froze until I could speak with one of the staff the next day. Even then, the heating wasn't that great. The last time I was at Doo, I had a computer/lounge room between my room and the other guest room, so I didn't hear anything. This time my room was right next to another guest room and I swear I could hear the people there turning over in their bedding. Thank goodness, they were considerate people and kept their voices low. But you can't count on other guests always being considerate. Because Doo has wifi now, the computer in the lounge doesn't seem to function. So for those who don't travel with a tablet or whatever, checking your email may be a problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was there last year during autumn .The room is small , totally different from the picture on the website . Toilet/ Bath room located outside , it was freaking cold . >.< The place is kinda far from the subway .

It was a nice experience though to try the Korean hanok style of living.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here last October 202. Stayed here for 2 nights.
Doo Guesthouse have a very good location. Near with MRT Station (Anguk), Insa dong and also temple. And also located in Buckon Area.
The place not so big, less than 10 room with a very traditional style.
Bathroom are outside but very clean.
The staff is good enough even always busy in front of computer.
Worthed to stay here and i will stay here again if I back to Korea

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have read the review on the Trip adviser before coming to Korea and decided to stay at Doo guesthouse in Bukchon.
I was really nice and best choice to experience traditional Korean lifestyle and culture such as
wearing a Hanbok cloth, making a kimci and tastes korean tea at Doo guesthouse!!

As it was our 1st trip with my family to Seoul, we really want to stay Korean traditional house which is a wonderful experience sleeping on the floor for 5 nights with beautiful garden.

It's really close to reach every where by walking and by subway.
You can easy to walking to several neighborhood restaurants, coffee shops, mini-stop
and 5 ~ 10 mins to famous Hanok Village, shopping areas (Insadong), the Gyeongbokgung Palace, the Cheonggyecheon Stream, and the subway station.
Even the bus pickup site to visit Nami Island is a comfy 30 minute walk away.

The owner who Donny speak English very well and is kindly helpful all staff with tips and directions.
I must stay again at here. Doo guesthouse will be the perfect staying accommodation for travel in Korea.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I been stayed here last year January 2012.
Overall, this is a good guest house for pp to chose.
Their room is small but nice.
Staff are friendly.

Free international call, washing machine, dryer machine.

Only a bit far from Subway station

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Sorry for the late review, was a little busy after my trip.

I was there last autumn in October. The weather was cooling, around 10 Celsius and it was our first time in somewhere cold. We love playing around with the heated floor in our room. First time seeing such technology haha @.@

Doo Guesthouse is value for money, it was cheap for a traditional house. I've researched other places and they were off my budget except for Doo. I wanted to experience the Korean culture and choose Doo. The staff was very helpful and you can try on their Hanbok for free. They even made us Korean tea which was really good. The rooms were a little small to me, because I shop alot and it took alot of my sleeping space. Haha. I noticed some of the shocked faces of the other guest when they passed our room (when the door was open) I took the smallest room with no bathroom attached. There are 3 shared bathrooms outside, stocked with fresh towels everyday. The rooms are very secure, we are given a padlock to lock our rooms.

The location was very good, lots of small cafes nearby and 24-Hours convenience store. I love the corner convenience shop which sells Cheese Gimbab, it was really good! To me, the distance of Anguk Station to Doo was not really near because the weather was cold and we walked really slow. You need at least 10 minutes to reach. But we enjoyed the journey and we will definitely go back to Korea.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Doo guesthouse Bukchon? Share your experiences!