“#1 For A Reason” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12,954 Restaurants in Seoul
4.5 of 5 stars 102 Reviews
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We are established in early 2010 and successfully providing our best service to our locals and foreign visitors. We are specialist of Indian vegetarian and non Vegetarian mouth watering menus. By the continues support of our customers we are finally able to open our branch in seoul chungmuro. Thank you.
Colchester, United Kingdom
“#1 For A Reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Excellent food,remarkable value, outstanding service and a great atmosphere, this place is not only the best restaurant in Seoul but one of the best I have been to anywhere in the world!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
“Nice choice for Indian food in Seoul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were introduced to Jyoti by an Indian friend and were pleasantly delighted. The prices are reasonable, the setting is quaint, and everything we have ordered has been delicious. Great nan and curries that will keep you coming back. We always order extra nan, take our time, savoring every bite, and have enough to wipe our dishes clean!

Seoul, South Korea
“Good food, great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

What makes Jyoti stand out to me is the low prices. Typically, you need to go to the South Asian enclave in Seoul to get these kinds of prices. I found the food to be good, the service to be very friendly, and the prices really can't be beat. The set is a great value -- last time I went it was only 6,500 won!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bombay
“Another great curry in Seoul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having lived in India, I have eaten many curries in my time but Sincheon has some pretty competitive restaurants which offer good food at good value prices. The staff here are beginning to know us and are pretty friendly. The restaurant is fairly small and simply decorated but all you need and they can accomodate bigger parties without too much trouble. Noticeably many Indian families eat here (always a good sign I think) and there is a good range of dishes, we are working our way through the menu. I like the fact that they also sell some Indian delicacies like mango chutney and incense which you can take away. They also do a nice line in hand knit hats which I bought for family. Try it, you'll like it!

Seoul
“Better Indian and Nepali to be had”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

First, I'll say that I'm surprised that this restaurant comes up No.1 in Seoul. As someone who lives in Seoul and has for many years, I know there are more than a few very good Indian / Nepalese restaurants in the city.

Jyoti is decent. I've eaten there 3 times now. Very decent. Is it the best Indian food in Seoul? No way. Is it the best Nepalese food in Seoul? Hardly.

Palak Paneer, one of my favorites, and how I measure an Indian restaurant, is decent. That's it.
Tandoori set: chicken was very good and tender!
Dal Makhani: ordinary
Naan is fine: butter, garlic.
Set menu is quite ordinary.
Samosas rather too bready for my taste.

Price: good
Atmosphere: typical for Seoul Indian restaurants (if a little cramped)

This is probably the best in the Shinchon area, yes.
But if you love Indian, try Hongdae, and better yet: Dongdaemun neighborohoods