“You will not be disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   662 Gyeongin-ro, Guro-gu, Seoul 152-887, South Korea   |
Special Deal
Enjoy free breakfast!
Ranked #5 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
“You will not be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Truly very nice hotel. You will not be disappointed. An exceptional business hotel. Easily accessible to everything. Much to do in and around the hotel. The hospitality is quite exceptional. Will stay here again in the future. The roof top lounges and restaurants are "D" best! Sad that I have to leave but I will be back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello worldtravellersnyc,

Thank you for your great feedback! We are pleased to learn that you consider Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel ‘an exceptional business hotel’ and that our associates provided you with a ‘exceptional’ service which met your expectations.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

In the meantime, stay connected and if I can of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm Regards,

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, UK/Detroit, MI, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was my first trip to Seoul and I was only there for two night. I was looking for a nice hotel that was a comfortable base for my whirlwind tour of the city - the Sheraton gave me just that. Some further details:

Location - I wouldn't say the immediate location is great. Although there is mall attached to the complex (with shopping, eats, etc.) there isn't very much else. Its a residential area and I found you needed to travel a minimum of 30 min. by metro to get anywhere else of interest. One positive is that the metro is connected to the hotel and the two lines that stop there make it easy to get most places. The hotel was easy to get to from Gimpo via public transport, which is where I flew into.

Property (overall) - Clean, new and modern...just like the pictures. One small thing that really bugged me was the lifts. You have to take the lifts up to the lobby and then transfer to take another set of lifts down to your room (unless you are on the club level). Normally, that would be okay. I have stayed in some hotels that do this "right" (e.g. the Park Hyatt Shanghai). The Sheraton did not do this well. You had to wait a long time for the first set of lifts and, on many more occasions than are tolerable, when the lifts arrive at the first floor they are already jammed pack from the basement floors.

Property (room) - My room was large, clean and modern. The bed was comfortable and the shower worked well. Free water and wireless were provided (perhaps because of my status?). It did have some great views, with super large windows that spanned floor to ceiling.

Staff - Very friendly and happy to help. They all spoke good English. No complaints.

Food - I had room service for breakfast one morning and it is not worth the price. I was disappointed at how low quality it was. Better off going anywhere else, even McDonalds would be better.

In the end, I would stay at the Sheraton again. It is a safe bet and the downsides aren't too bad.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Hello dfisch891,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your great feedback which is most appreciated.

We are happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay, and that you found our rooms to be large, clean and modern with wonderful views. Also, thank you for your comments in regards to our comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, which is only available at Sheraton worldwide, which features plush 300 white linen thread count.

Your review on TripAdvisor has been shared amongst all our team members, and we will continue to provide utmost caring and personalized service to all our guests, ensuring a wonderful stay.

We have also duly noted your feedback in regards to our elevators, and in-room dining breakfast food quality. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment with the quality of food, and I have personally passed on your comments to our entire Food and Beverage and Culinary Team, and please be rest assured that we will rectify this problem as soon as possible

dfisch891, as you have mentioned, please come back and stay with us again, and we will give you a most warm welcome and exceptional Sheraton experience.

We look forward to your return!

Warm regards,

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I absolutely loved everything about my trip for Lunar New Years, and the Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel was spectacular. The hotel itself is beautiful, and has amazing views of Seoul. It is conveniently located in the same building as a shopping mall with a variety of shops and places to eat.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. I wasn't sure how I would like the room as I usually stay at The Westin in different cities, but tried the Sheraton for my first time and was not disappointed. The bed was comfortable as was the rest of the room. The bathroom was unique with the window feature, but that was nice as it allowed you to watch TV while relaxing.

This time I stayed on the Club Level, and I was very pleased with the lounge, but more importantly the lounge staff. I would like to especially mention Kelly who helped me find specific cosmetics for co-workers back here in Shanghai of mine, and even left me a note with a price and a translation for the sales person. This went above and beyond what I was expecting, and she was genuinely nice throughout my stay, always thoroughly engaged in conversations and always with a smile. The rest of the lounge staff were equally nice and helpful.

The food was good, though maybe could use a bit of adjusting. I think the portions were too small for the prices paid, but overall tasted good. The food in the lounge was good as well, though I think changing the offerings throughout the week would be nice.

I used the car service to and from the airport, and it was quick reliable and professional.

Overall, I loved this property and the people who work there are phenomenal.

Room Tip: Club Level rooms are on the higher floors and worth the money.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello brian2002,

Thank you for staying with us during Lunar New Year's and leaving us with your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is always heartwarming to receive guest feedback like yours, we would like to thank you for your wonderful praise. We are extremely happy that your Sheraton experience with us was one that is truly beyond your expectations, which is what we strive to achieve.

I have shared your most valuable comments with our wonderful team members, with a special attention to Kelly at the Club Lounge, and we are also pleased to hear that you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to be most comfortable.

One of the most important core values of our Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel is interaction and connecting with our guests, and all of us will continue to work towards getting to know our guests better and providing personalized and caring service.

brian2002, thank you once again for your comments, and we sincerely look forward to your return!

Warm regards,
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I frequently visit Soul a few times a year, but mainly stay at the Westin, and occasionally at the W. Both nice properties but for my upcoming honeymoon in April, I wanted the best hotel in Seoul. Criteria was room, service, and critical was ease of access to the metro. So I stopped by for a day trip on my way back home to check out the Sheraton. It's as good if not better then all of the reviews. Got a corner suite, clean modern with full length glass windows overlooking Seoul. But what surprised even a season traveler like me was the level of service. From check in to the doormen (both male and female) they anticipated my every need. The Sheraton is now my favorite hotel in Seoul. It sits on top of a shopping center and 2 subway lines, and the deluxe airport bus also stops here. I couldn't ask for more. I know our honeymoon will be memorable, and this hotel will be a big part of it. Can't wait till April!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hello M_Kim_from_SFO,

Thank you very much for your recent stay, and leaving us with a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It is always a great pleasure reading such wonderful reviews from our guests, which gives our team great motivation. We are extremely excited to hear that you will come back and stay with us during your honeymoon in April! We very much look forward to welcoming you again and having the privilege of being of service.

As you have mentioned, providing warm and genuine care for our guests is one of the most important core values at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel and all our team members will continually strive to exceed our guests’ expectation at all times.

M_Kim_from_SFO, thank you once again for your great comments, and we will ensure to do our utmost to provide you with a most exceptional honeymoon during your stay with us in April.

If there may be anything we may arrange for you prior to your next stay, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at anytime.

Best wishes from Seoul.
Goyang, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton D Cube City hotel for one night, and everything was really good. The service, the cleanliness, the nearby facilities, everything. Except for the humidity in the room, which was low, and the expensive internet.

It was a dry day, and it wasn't extremely bad, but when I called to get a air humidifier, they only had a air cleaner. That didn't really help. In the end, I ended up placing some wet towels in the room to make it a bit more humidified, which did seem to do the trick, but I still don't know why a 5 star hotel doesn't have a humidifier.

The hotel also only has paid WiFi and internet, which is W22000/ day (about $20). In Korea, you could get a 100Mbps up/down fiber connection for a month for less than that. Most 5 star hotels do charge you for internet though, so I guess it's not just limited to this hotel.

Overall, I still think this is one of the best hotels in Seoul, especially when it's not as dry as it was that day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hi there jonghoyu,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor!

It is always a pleasure reading great reviews such as yours, and we were happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

However, we have duly noted your comments in regards to the dryness of the room and internet charges. We do have multi-functional air washers as well as just humidifiers available, however we do sincerely apologize if there have been a miscommunication or if there may have been lack of humidifiers at the time.

As for the wireless Internet charges, we continually benchmark with other hotels in the city to ensure that our Hotel always remains competitive. Please kindly note that only our Club rooms and above have complimentary internet at this stage.

jonghoyu, thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us and wish to continue serving you in the best way possible. If your travels bring you back to Seoul, please do contact me directly so that I can take personal responsibility of your stay.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Sheraton D Cube at least four times in the last year. We live about an hour away and would use cash & points or points only to stay for the weekend when we wanted to get out of the "country". I am an SPG Platinum member and have also stayed at other Starwood properties in South Korea, I think all of them actually... this is by far the best one in the country. To be honest, I'm a difficult consumer... I have high standards and expect a certain level of service for my money and patronage to a brand. We were engaged at a Starwood hotel, married at one, honeymooned at one, etc. I make a conscious effort to stick exclusively to Starwood hotels and with the devaluation of points and Platinum membership, excess suite night awards, rare cash & points availability, and some hotels not upgrading Platinums automatically to their best suite available as they shouId... I tend to get irritated when my patronage isn't recognized or valued. I'm sure my pickiness and high standards are probably annotated by a little asterisk in my secret "SPG-Staff-Only" customer profile (joking... sort of) and maybe that's why customer service is spotty sometimes? Regardless, the Sheraton D Cube in Seoul restores my faith in the Starwood brand when I'm teetering on the edge of wanting to jump ship.

Their lobby is gorgeous, their concierge treats us like they know us and greets us by name on sight. Candy Bang, the Concierge Supervisor, is incredibly friendly and warm... and speaks great English. I know we are in a foreign country. I appreciate that fact and I love the adventure, but sometimes even as a traveller in a foreign land, you just want to communicate clearly... if nowhere else other than the hotel that you are staying. To be able to ask for restaurant recommendations or directions, or make a special request and actually have it be understood makes my day and my stay. She does a great job at that and we appreciate it greatly. All the positive traits of the staff are few and far between at other starwood properties in SK.

At the D Cube, we have received great Platinum benefits, they offer us our choice of the club or the restaurant for breakfast (I don't have to ask), we have been upgraded every time, they remember which room we prefer, give us the best suite they have when possible (which has included a gorgeous corner room with floor to ceiling windows and a great view), and we have been greeted by the General Manager, David Cuddon, who was very personable and professional.

The only downside is the location. We usually want to go to the casino when we are in the city or to a concert, which are all located closer to Gangnam or Walkerhill so we have had to stay at the Sheraton or W Walkerhill the past few times we have been in Seoul. D Cube is off of the Sindorim subway stop, not inconvenient at all if you are only going there from the train station, and it's conveniently located on top of a shopping mall and an H&M. And if you want to go to Hongdae, which is an awesome university neighborhood, the hotel is only 5 stops away on the green line (Hongik University station).

The inconvenience is the long and expensive taxi ride if you want to go to other neighborhoods such as Itaewon or Gangnam and will be out later than the subway runs. Perhaps they would one day consider a shuttle back and forth to Paradise Casino or taxi credits on a T Money card?

The staff makes up for the location. They are doing something right to be #2 in Seoul even if getting to and from is sometimes timely and expensive.

To me, service is worth more than most other factors. Korea can be cold, literally and figuratively, so it's nice to be treated almost like family when we visit. It was in such stark contrast to our recent stay at the Sheraton Walkerhill and the W Walkerhill (will review those later) that I finally decided I need to write this review.

Mr. Cuddon, you're doing a great job with your hotel and your staff. Keep up the wonderful work.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and beautiful, lots of windows. Ensure you get a non-smoking room if you are...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello thegoodlife_jennifer,

First of all, thank you very much for your continued patronage to our hotel, and for giving us the privilege of being of service.

As a valued loyal guest and Platinum member, your comments are extremely important to us and I hope that in most, if not all aspects, we were able to meet and surpass your expectations during your stay.

We are extremely pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the service of our warm associates, especially from Candy our Concierge supervisor. I am happy to share your kind comments with all of our associates and I know that they do appreciate you sharing your experience with them and that they feel proud, having been able to add positively to your experience with us. Your kind comments will inspire and motivate all of us to do even better next time!

We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable and we thank you for choosing the Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel as your home away from home. On the behalf of management and associates, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best wishes and safe travels.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed in Seoul for 2 nights over christmas on a return flight from a ski trip in Japan and wanted to stay on the Incheon side of the river. I have stayed at both the Conrad in Seoul and now the Sheraton, and would have to say that this hotel outshines the Conrad in both comfort and service. Every staff member I came across greets you with a smile and tries to anticipate your need, or just to say hello.
I stayed in a suite room which was well appointed. Just a shame that that room class doesn't really face the river but looks out towards Gimpo Airport. The views are still something to enjoy either way.
I ate breakfast at the restaurant rather than the club lounge only because there usually is more choice and the club lounge is always very busy on weekends. Could not fault the quality of the food and the service.
I will definitely consider this hotel again in future. My only irritable feature would be the elevators to the ground floor. On many occasion I had to wait 5-10 minutes to get a lift due to over crowding and the time it takes for the next one to arrive. Just be aware if your rushing to catch the airport limo bus, that the lifts may delay you slightly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hi there Peter L,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during Christmas, and we are extremely happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay!

All our Sheraton associates are renowned for their warm and caring attitude which is displayed amongst all of our service guests interactions. We will continue to deliver most memorable and 'Excellent Sheraton Service' to all of our guests.

Peter L, thank you once again, and we hope to welcome you again at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel in the near future.

Best wishes from Seoul.
David

Been to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel? Share your experiences!