“Best Location I've Ever Stayed” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Time Sale!
Ranked #4 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Location I've Ever Stayed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having had the pleasure of staying this location for 21 days in March 2013, I have to say, I have come and seen many international hotel properties in my line of work. Some of them take the effort to know their guests, others treat them as a "valued bottom line" guest. This hotel, it's staff and it's management set the bar to a whole new level in my honest opinion. From the front desk staff taking the time to genuinely take concern in your daily well being, from the concierge desk going out of their way to set up flawless travel recommendations, to the hotel manager taking the time to know each and every guest on a personal and professional level- I could not find a single bad thing to say about this hotel. I will look forward to my next stay with Mr. Cuddon and his amazing compliment of professionals. 5 Stars to this location!!!

Room Tip: Given the hotel's shape, most all rooms have an excellent view of the city.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello John C!

Thank you for your great feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are extremely happy to know that you found our hotel's location to be the 'best' and you received most friendly and genuine service from our associates.

Our team and I will continue to strive towards providing most exceptional Sheraton experience to all our valuable guests.

John C, should you visit Seoul again in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me direclty.

Safe travels.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in April.

Easy to reach there from Incheon Airport by airport bus (one hour). Very nice modern hotel with good decor. Good shopping mall and food court at the bottom of the hotel. I didn't try the restaurant at the hotel because it was overpriced. Room was wonderful with interesting layout. Wifi in the room was not free.
I found getting to the room was a little clumsy. One needs to take the lift to the top floor reception and then change to another lift in order to go down to the room.

It is half an hour away from the city centre.
I think it is a wonderful overnight stay for Incheon Airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hello BPK123,

We are glad to hear that you found our property to be an excellent place to stay! Thank you for your valuable feedback, and we will address all your comments with our team members.
BPK123, we look forward to your return!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

A well run, professional, hotel.
Still has that "new' feel, staff is very professional.
Rooms are not typical as far as shape and amenities, you have to experience it.
It was awkward at first with the lobby on the 41st floor but it works.
Great views all around of Seoul.
Unbelievable restaurant, great buffet.
Location is OK, need to make sure you realize the location is a little bit out of the way and will require planning to get around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hi there TX2GAMc,

Thank you for your ‘premium’ review on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our wonderful buffet at Feast and the warm and professional service of our associates.

TX2GAMc, please do visit us again in the near future, and we will ensure to take another great care of you.

Best wishes from Seoul.

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I fail to see how/why this is the number one rated hotel in Seoul. Are the other hotels just that poor? Was my stay here bad? No. But it was far from "special," as one would expect with a number one rated hotel. As others mentioned, this hotel is conveniently located above a subway station on the green line, and it is fairly easy to get to the lobby on the 41st floor.

Check-in: Okay. As an SPG Gold member, I was given the option of either free internet, or SPG points. While I am a points junkie, internet in a foreign country, especially, is essential, so I went with that. The internet turned out to be decently fast and reliable.

Room: I was assigned a room on the 34th floor. This floor is listed as a "SPG preferred" floor, but I failed to see anything special about it. I was very disappointed that I had not been upgraded to a club floor room. The view from my room was pretty neat, and the room features top-to-bottom windows, although the drapes still allow for some light to be let in, so the room doesn't get completely dark. The room was hot when I first checked in, and it took some time for the AC to cool it down. The bed was the always great Sheraton Sweet sleeper bed, but the pillows left a lot to be desired. The pillows were huge and firm, which made it tough to sleep. The television was large and had several English language channels to choose from. There were lots of outlets scattered about the room, and lighting was sufficient. There was an expensive mini-bar, which I did not partake in (sodas were 3 times the cost of those in the convenience store on the bottom level of the hotel). The bathroom was of decent size. The shower also doubles as a steam room, which is awesome. One area for improvement, however, would be the shower head itself, as it is just the standard handicapped style shower head. Why go to all that trouble to make a neat shower, and then have a poor shower head? The toilet is in a separate room from the shower, which is great. The room itself was of average size at best, certainly on the smaller side.

There are several restaurants to choose from. One is the "fit cafe" by the spa/gym. Speaking of the spa/gym, it is huge. There are numerous staff that seem to follow your every move here, which was pretty unnerving. The pool is indoors, and is more style over substance, IMHO. It was small and raised. It would make sense for an outdoor pool, but not an indoor pool, which is typically used for swimming versus lounging.

Other restaurants include the lobby bar. It was always deserted, and all I could find on their menu other than drinks were some pastries. I'm not sure if the menu I looked at was a different menu than what they actually serve.

There is also a deli at the bottom level of the hotel. I did not eat there. There are also lots of restaurants, including a McDonald's and Starbucks to choose from in the mall attached to the hotel.

I did eat at Feast@thesheraton. See my separate review of that (hint: overpriced).

At check-out time, I went to the lobby, only NOBODY was around. I waited a few minutes, and nobody turned up, so I simply left without checking out.

This hotel is mainly style over practicality and service. Personally, I'm looking elsewhere for my next stay in Seoul.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello Fzedlach,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and providing us with your valuable feedback which is greatly appreciated. I am concerned to learn that your stay has not been up to your satisfaction.

Please allow me to address some of your concerns. Regarding SPG benefits and recognition, please accept our apologies for any disappointment. We do value all of our SPG member guests and try our utmost to extend our courtesies and recognition as much as possible, while remaining consistent in accordance to the SPG benefit guidelines. We will seek further ways of improvement. Please be aware that our Club Lounge privileges is a benefit which applies only to our SPG Platinum Members.

Thank you for your note in regards to the pillows, I do apologize that you found the pillows uncomfortable. The pillows on our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed conforms to the brand standards now available in all Sheraton thru out the world. However for future reference, we do have a selection of pillows available to suit our guests’ different preferences, the pillow menu is set up in our guestrooms.

I have also duly noted your comments in regards to our swimming pool, menu at the lobby lounge.bar, and the service at our spa and fitness as well as the manning at the lobby area. We have addressed your comments with our team members and rectify the issues as soon as possible. We will continue to find ways for further improvement to enhance the guest experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Fzedlach, once again, thank you for your precious feedback, and our team will continuously strive to improve to provide comfortable and exceptional service to all our guests. If your plans bring you back to Seoul, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally look after you.

Best wishes from Seoul.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel is a 60-70 min journey from/to Incheon International Airport on the metro but even for a first time visitor it is easy to navigate your way. We had a Club room on the 38th floor with views of Seoul and access to the Club lounge for breakfast, canapes etc (plenty of food, good quality and choice). Facilities were good throughout and the staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. The gym is spacious and well equipped. Using the metro it was easy enough to get to the palace district, Insadong and the other areas we wanted to visit. There is a food court in the basement of the shopping mall of which the hotel forms part and another couple of floors of restaurants, so food is easy to find outside the hotel. My only criticism is that I found the hotel, including the gym, overheated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hello LDB65,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, and sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to see that you had the pleasure in experiencing our wonderful Sheraton Club Lounge offering panoramic views with complimentary breakfast and afternoon hors d’oeuvres and our Sheraton Fitness programmed by Core Performance with great workout equipments and professional personal trainers.

I have also duly noted your comments regarding the overall temperature in the hotel.. Your comments will be reviewed and investigated by our team members and rectify immediately.

LDB65, thank you once again for your valuable feedback, and our team and I will strive to provide the most exceptional experiences to all of our guests.

We look forward to your return!

Warm regards,

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed while on business, in a good location within a mall (aren't they all!). Staff helpful, room to a high standard.
Breakfast probably one of the best I have ever seen in terms of choice - outstanding.
Had room service which was very disappointing - must be the most expensive beetroot and goats cheese salad ever with very little of either!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi there HongKongCallisto!

Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel during your business trip to Seoul.

It is great to read that you have received most helpful and high standard service and that you enjoyed our ‘outstanding’ Feast buffet breakfast.

However, your valuable comments in regards to our In-room dining menu, beetroot and goat cheese salad in particular, has been personally addressed with our Executive Chef. I will review to ensure that of all our menus are of highest of standard in terms both of quality and quantity. Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment, and please be rest assured that we will ensure make improvements.

HongKongCallisto, thank you once again for choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, and we look forward to your next visit.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is not in the centre of the city but don't let that put you off. Easily accessible by train/ subway and bus from the airport and into town. Subway is very good value and from this location the city is easy but you are also close to other areas such as gangnam or the fortress town suwon which is not so easy from the central hotels which make it a better choice particuarly for tourism. In summary the hospitality of the hotel was very very good with wonderful staff and facilities. I would happily return and will should I go back to seoul. On a side note the views are awesome on a clear day

• Stayed April 2013
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello Trev79,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and leaving us with such valuable feedback, which is truly appreciated.

We are happy to hear that your stay has been pleasant, and our associates provided you with our usual warm Sheraton hospitality.

Trev79, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, we sincerely look forward to your return.

David

Been to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel? Share your experiences!