“It takes a hour from the airport by subway or by car and its another 30 mins to major touristy spots.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel

You added Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   662 Gyeongin-ro, Guro-gu, Seoul 152-887, South Korea   |
Ranked #3 of 396 Hotels in Seoul
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I knew this hotel is not located in central Seoul so I was prepared for the inconvenience before me and my boyfriend booked this hotel.

From the airport it takes about the same amount of time to the hotel whether you choose subway or taxi. You will take airport express line (blue) to honggi univ. then change to line 2 with a few stops to Sindorim. Walk to exit 1 and its a 2 mins walk to the hotel. Check in is at 41st floor. (There are two sets of the elevators make you take the one that will take you to 41st floor).

The hotel amenity is very good except I didn't see any toothbrush or toothpaste in the bathroom. I brought my own so I didn't ask them for it but I wonder if they stop providing them? If yes, it will be the first Sheraton I've stayed which doesn't give toothbrush to guests. we have a shower and a bathtub in our room. Our room 3909 faces the back of the hotel with a good night view.

The hotel is next to the D-Cube city shopping mall, if the food court doesn't satisfy you, there's more restaurants and a 7-11 across the street from back of the hotel. Pharmacy is located at B1.

In case anyone who's also interested in knowing how long it takes to gangnang area (fancier restaurants and bars) take subway 2 and it takes about 45 mins to get there.

• Stayed April 2013
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello nyusc!

Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, and sharing your experience with other travellers on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to read your comments knowing that you had an enjoyable stay.

In regards to your comments regarding toothbrush and toothpaste in room, this has been initiated by the Korean government in implementation of the green program, which I believe most of 5 star hotels in Korea comply with this practice. However, we will ensure to provide our guests with more detailed information upon arrival to avoid any confusions, as well looking into ways of continuously improving our guestroom amenities.

nyusc, thank you once again for your valuable comments, and all our team members will continue to seek further ways of improvement.

We look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Sheraton Seoul D Cube is overall a beautiful new hotel. All staff were very helpful and friendly. Although the hotel is quite a distance from downtown Seoul, it was an easy commute with the Metro located within the building and a good size mall with many restaurants and shops. The room size was good with two double beds. All rooms offer a panoramic view of the City.

However, we noticed the housekeeping was not very particular about some of their duties. We had to constantly request for additional towels despite telling them to note it in their records that we had 2 kids with us. We also needed to frequently request for more shampoo and lotion which they did not replenish despite seeing that it has been used and little was left of it. They also failed to cleaned/washed the coffee press which we use daily to make coffee.

We could also not imagine that a hotel of this caliber would charge for Internet WiFi in the rooms. It was quite amusing to see so many guest of the hotel go to the lobby just to avail of the free WiFi.

We also tried their buffet breakfast and found the selection to be too Korean. They had very few of the usual buffet breakfast selections which you would find in other 5 star hotels. There is however a McDonalds and a Starbucks on the B2 level of the hotel which gave us other options for breakfast.

We also asked the Hotel Concierge to refer to us a restaurant in the Insadong area. The lady at the Concierge desk recommended Sanchon. Sanchon is a beautiful restaurant but the Hotel Concierge failed to inform us that it only served a fixed menu and was purely vegetarian. For the price that we paid, we felt that we did not get our money's worth. Furthermore, our kids could not eat anything in Sanchon. We ended up eating very little of the lunch and had to go to a McDonald's nearby to get food for the kids.

Despite the few lapses mentioned above, we had a great time in Seoul and at Sheraton D Cube. I would recommend the hotel to families traveling with children because of the size of their rooms. However, since it is not located in downtown Seoul, commute to the city center via Metro is at least 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Due to the shape of the building, some rooms are slightly larger than others. Our room could not f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello MikeCeb,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us with your valuable review, which is greatly appreciated.

We do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with our housekeeping services, as well as our recommendation from Concierge. Your valuable comments has been shared with all our team members, to ensure that we provide a more accurate and professional service, exceeding our guests' expectations. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the shortfalls.

MikeCeb, once again thank you for choosing to stay with us, and all of us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel will strive towards providing most exceptional Sheraton experience.

We hope to welcome you and your family again in the near future.

Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Loved our four night stay at this newer Sheraton property. It is off in the suburbs, but the Metro station is part of the property complex, so you don't have to even go outside to make a connection at the Sindorim Metro stop. The Club Lounge is one of the best we have had the pleasure to visit, and the staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. I liked Seoul, my wife was so-so on it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi there pfefmeister!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to read that you had a great stay and received great service from our associates, especially at our Sheraton Club Lounge on 38F.

All our team members at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel will strive towards providing most exceptional experience to all our valuable guests.

Thank you.

Maitland, NSW Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I now know why Sheraton D Cube is number one. 6 star services from ALL staff. This was the best service I have experienced in my years of travel. Staff knew me by name, always ready to engage in conversation when appropriate and always smiling. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff at every level.

Now the hotel. Elevators bit quirky but soon mastered them. Hotel is built around shopping mall and adjacent to train station. Whilst the location is not the most central, the very efficient transport system gets you where ever you want to go with remarkable ease and very cheap. (Buy a "T Money" pass.)

Only possible criticism was that the air conditioners were set at 25 deg and could not be lowered. I personally like a cool room so this was a touch warm for me. Problem solved by staff who delivered 2 cooling fans. I believe the air conditioning is lowered during the warmer months. This was a personal issue and may not affect everyone. ( the A/C was to be adjusted the day after we checked out)

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Pay the extra for a Club room. Free breakfast and snacks/drinks in the evening.

Will be back in September.

Room Tip: Choose the club room. Great value and views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello WPS111,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

It is a great pleasure reading your review, learning that you have received the 'best' service from all our wonderful associates.

Thank you for your valuable comments in regards to the air conditioning system, and we do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our team will look into this matter and seek ways of further improvement.

WPS111, thank you once again, and we sincerely look forward to your next visit!

Safe travels,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I like to use public transport. I managed to get a 3 day public transport pass which I used all the tie in Seoul. The rail and tube from the airport is fairly easy to navigate. The good thing about this hotel is that it is immediately above the Sindorim Metro station. But be aware, the first time you get out of the station it is quite difficult to find reception in the hotel. You need to go left and then into the B1 level of Cube City, then there are two sets of lifts. The first is for offices. You want to go to the second set for the hotel. Then up to the 41st floor for reception.

Note to the management: please put on your website exactly how to get from the exit into the hotel.

I chose the hotel because it is fairly new. The room was reasonable size and the bed was comfortable. Pity there is no bath, only a shower. Pity no toothbrushes are provided. Pity no BBC world, only two CNN channels. For a five star hotel this is not what I expected.

On the bright side, the wifi worked well, and was free as I am a SPG member.

Breakfast is too expensive. It works out at just over £26. For me that is far too much for a breakfast. I did not find the service as good as other on this site have said. I had to get my own coffee, and my order for a simple omlette was not correctly delivered. These are very small things, but it just shows that it is very easy to disappoint customers who are paying for quality.
If the service quality is not there no one will want to return.

So if you travel on a budget, think twice about this hotel. It is expensive for a hotel that is not in the centre of town.

Being objective I could not say it is good value for money. The stay was comfortable but there are many other options in Seoul just as good at a lower price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello Nemo149,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate our guest feedback, as it assists us greatly in getting to know our guests and improving our services.

First of all, please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I was disappointed to learn that you had difficulties find the way to the hotel from the Subway station. The Sindorim Subway Station is currently undergoing refurbishment together with additional signage for the hotel and D Cube City. As suggested, we will improve the directions on our website too.

In regards to our guestrooms, we do have rooms with either a steam shower, or a bathtub, which we try our utmost to meet the preferences of our guests. Kindly please refer to our website which details the various room types and features.

Furthermore, we have well noted your valuable comments in regards to our bathroom amenities. This has been initiated by the Korean government in implementation of the green program, which I believe most of 5 star hotels in Korea comply with this practice. However, we will ensure to provide our guests with more detailed information upon arrival to avoid any confusions, as well looking into ways of continuously improving our guestroom amenities.

In regards to the TV channels, please kindly note that there may of been a confusion, as we do have both BBC World and CNN International channels.

Thank you for your valuable comments in regards to the price of our breakfast at Feast. We value all our guests and try our utmost to extend our courtesies and recognition as much as possible, whilst ensuring that our menu prices and services are reasonable yet competitive at all times through continuous benchmarking. However we do apologize for any disappointment and inconvenience caused, and we will carefully review again.

Nemo149, once again, thank you for your feedback, and our team will continuously strive to improve to provide excellent service to all our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any travel plans back to Seoul, and I will personally look after you.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was one of the best stays we have ever had. The family enjoyed every minute and the service was exceptional. Every member of staff treated us as though we were special. The rooms were of a superior standard. We enjoyed the pool and sauna and we could not fault a moment of our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hi there Michael T,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor! We are extremely pleased to read that you and your family had a fantastic stay, and received most exceptional service from our Sheraton associates.

Michael T, please come and visit us again in the near future, and we will assure you with another wonderful stay.

Safe travels.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip a few months ago. Everyone was questioning me about why I would stay so far away i.e. not Seochodong or Jongnogu.

I have to say my stay was seamless! There is a station right below the hotel which I did not use, as I had a driver taking me around. The location is fine and is 10mins away from Yeongdeungpo.

The room was fantastic, the service was first class, and the breakfast was a feast!! The buffet breakfast was a real treat! They would constantly refill my glass with juice, and the overall service was excellent. Then again, service is generally excellent at better hotels in South Korea.

I had a very busy schedule crammed into a few days and was appreciative of the good sleep I could get at the Sheraton Seoul.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel again.

(My only grumble is I did not receive starwood points for my stay as the rate was ineligible?!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David_Cuddon, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hi there YC007!

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you for your detailed feedback on TripAdvisor. As a valued guest, your observations and feedback are greatly appreciated and attentively considered so that we may continue to strive to improve the services and facilities of Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

In regards to your comments regarding SPG points, please kindly be advised that there are certain eligible rates which are applicable for point credit. We value all our SPG member guests and try our utmost to extend our courtesies and recognition as much as possible, however, whilst remaining consistent in accordance to the SPG benefit guidelines. Please accept our apologies for any disappointment we may have caused.

Overall, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Sheraton experience and on the behalf of our associates, I extend our very best wishes and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the in the near future.

YC007, we look forward to your return.

David

Been to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel? Share your experiences!