“Nice enough but not good with the little extras that count” 3 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Enjoy free breakfast!
Ranked #6 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice enough but not good with the little extras that count”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Sheraton D Cube Seoul is a nice enough hotel - it is after all considered a luxury hotel and that is certainly the price you pay for it. We booked based on reviews of its great location and most other hotels seemed a similar price. The room was very nice, great view on the 32nd floor, fairly spacious, very comfortable. We had a steam-shower so like have a mini steam room which was nice. Good facilities in the room but what we found a little disappointing is that we had to pay extra for nearly everything. Even the wifi - at a hotel that advertises it is a business hotel - was 11,000KW an hour!! Or 22,000KW a day! Thats about $10US for 1 hour of wifi?! Talk about a rip off. We also found the bar to be extortionately expensive. We live in Singapore so we are used to paying up to $10USD for a beer but we were very surprised to find the drinks in the hotel bar more than this. We also found the breakfast buffet (not included in our room) very expensive at around $30USD a head. It was nice but not THAT nice. Over all the staff were very polite and offered a very good service. There is a health club with a pool and a number of places to eat and drink. But really we found it a very expensive stay over and above the price of the room. The location really is not that great - there is little in the area walking distance so we had to make full use of the metro system. Luckily there is one right under the hotel. But we found it just a little too far away from all the areas of interest to us. I would recommend doing a little more research before choosing this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hello Ruth81!

Warmest greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your valuable review you have shared with us on TripAdvisor on 28th of August. I sincerely appreciate the detailed feedback you have provided for us, which has been shared with our entire team.

As you have mentioned in your review, we are connected to the Sindorim Subway Station, offering spacious guestrooms with either bathtubs or steam showers with lovely views. Furthermore, we are happy to read of your compliments of our warm and caring associates, who continuously work towards service excellence.

Thank you for your comments regarding the prices of our internet, and F&B venues which is greatly appreciated. Please kindly be informed that we are continually benchmarking with other five star hotels in the Seoul market, to ensure that our prices are reasonable yet competitive at all times.

We apologize if we may have missed the opportunity in providing you with more information and recommendations of “where to go in our local area”.

Ruth81, once again, thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future, and we will ensure to take care of your stay.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a Sheraton with a personality disorder – behaving more like a high-end Westin or even a lower-grade St. Regis! Everything was perfect, from the moment I arrived until checkout and with ample Starwood Cash and Points availability this property is an outright bargain. In the past we’ve usually stayed at the Park Hyatt Seoul, but unbelievably this is my new preferred property in Seoul!

Pros:
-Beautiful Modern, Functional, and Luxurious Rooms
-Faultless and Polished Service
-Excellent SPG Recognition

Cons:
-Location, potentially

Rooms:
As a SPG Platinum booked in the lowest category room on a Cash & Points stay (just 4,000 points and $60 USD/night) I was pre-upgraded the morning before I arrived into a deluxe room on the club floor. Upon arriving at the hotel in the evening, I was further upgraded into an impressive executive suite on the club floor, which totaled 775sq ft and featured a separate sitting area with Nespresso machine and bathroom with both soaking tub and steam shower. The room itself was incredible – definitely the nicest Sheraton room I’ve ever seen and it competed favorably with some St. Regis suites I’ve stayed in. The room was modern, functional, and luxurious all in one and the bathroom featured an incredible view overlooking Seoul. I enjoyed this room so much during my five night stay that on my next booking I will strongly consider booking directly into an executive suite.

Service:
Where this property really came through was the service, which exceeded anything I’ve encountered before in Seoul – including stays at the Park Hyatt, Shilla, and Westin. The service provided by the ladies in the club lounge rivaled the best I’ve encountered anywhere in Asia (including many Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, Conrad, and St. Regis properties) and the club’s food selection was above-average. Breakfast had a wide assortment of Western and Korean dishes with excellent pastries, and evening cocktail hour featured a limited complementary selection of beers, wine, cocktails, and some hot hors d’oeuvres and small plates. Every request I made was handled with grace and immediacy while at the same time refraining from being overbearing and omnipresent. I also received complimentary access to the men’s Korean-styled sauna/gimjilbang – which was the perfect way to relax at the end of the day.

Property/Location:
Possibly the only downside to the Sheraton D Cube City is the location – located in southwest Seoul. The neighborhood itself if very developed and safe, it’s just a bit far from the major attractions and business venues of Seoul. On the plus side, the hotel is directly above the Sindorim subway station (Lines 1 and 2) making it possible to be in the heart of downtown Seoul or Gangnam in about 25 minutes. The location proved fine for my visit – but if you absolutely have to be in central Seoul or in Gangnam clearly the Sheraton D Cube City isn’t going to work. Despite being on the periphery of Seoul, D Cube City consists of a huge assortment of restaurants and shops that are just a couple minutes indoor walk from your hotel room. Also, the airport limousine bus leaves directly from the hotel and got me to Incheon Airport in just under an hour despite the morning traffic.

In short, I don’t feel that this review does this excellent property justice. It’s really hard to imagine a better stay in Seoul, especially for the price. This hotel is terrifically undervalued as a Starwood Category 4 property – and I cannot imagine it will remain at this level for long! The phenomenal service and luxurious accommodations have made the Sheraton D Cube City my new preferred hotel in Seoul!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hello BrandrB,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you very much for your wonderful review posted on TripAdvisor, which is greatly appreciated.

We were extremely pleased to read that you had a magnificent stay us, and we are now considered your preferred property in Seoul!

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed our lovely guestrooms, the views, breakfast and hors d’oeuvres at the Sheraton Club Lounge, and warm attentive service of our associates.

Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel associates will continually strive towards service excellence to all our valued guests such as yourself.

BrandrB, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future, and where we will ensure you with another exceptional stay.

Please do contact me directly if you are planning another trip in Seoul.

Thank you once again.

Warmest regards and safe travels,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is my second review of the hotel after at least half a dozen stays.

I most recently visited the hotel last week- In sum, I guess the secret is out that this hotel is the most well-run hotel in Seoul.

On my most recent trip, it was better than the last and things seem to be running very smoothly. My compliments list was long with respect to the last stay, but I think it got even longer on this one. I had no complaints the last time and no complaints this time- maybe the elevators could run faster (but when you are at capacity, I don’t think this something you can control).

From the minute I booked the reservation, Paul Huh and Rimmy Eun were very responsive. I had requested an extra duvet and that was taken care of- no problem. Also, I had some packages that were sent to your hotel, and they held on to them and they were promptly delivered within five mins of us checking in.

Room was in great condition and the ability for us to get a discount on food at Feast was ingenious- actually we ate there instead of the mall for all of our meals. Obviously, the buffet was excellent and it gave us a chance to try out the service and food at your restaurant. Loved the Korean selection of food- you sort of miss that kind of food away from Korea (Korean restaurants in HK are terrible- they just are for some strange reason).

Leo from the bell desk and the first floor employees were great again. I don’t know how you do it, but they always seem to consistently perform beyond the call of duty. Compared to other bell desks, doormen at other hotels, this is really something that stands out. While some hotel doormen aren’t going to help you with your bags, could care less if you break your back carrying all your stuff or just ignore you completely, the first impression from your team on the first floor is a great one. Once again, kudos on your training and upkeep on this front. This is one of the very special parts of the hotel that set it apart from any other hotel in Korea. Plz let Leo and his whole team (I wish I could list out all the guys/gals on the first floor- but I can’t remember them all- I was lucky to get Leo’s name after he delivered our packages the first day) how much we appreciate their work and that they really deserve to be recognized.

Check in was a breeze- Mandy Jeong (who also checked us out)- was very friendly and helpful. Have you been to a five star hotel in Singapore (let's call it "M")? Nice hotel, but they spend 20 mins trying to check you in- and it isn’t when they are busy- this is when they are not busy. Once again, the ability to get us in the rooms after a long flight is a lost art these days- Mandy Jeong was very proficient. In addition, when we were running late @ check out, she dispensed with the pleasantries to ensure that we got out the door in less than five mins- which amazing since I had a bill with five days worth of charges. That kind of genuine concern is rare.

Another thing that stood out on this trip was the special request I made with the durians. William Jung and Paul Huh were instrumental in ensuring proper storage of the fruit- and really went out of their way to ensure that this was a high priority for them. (Paul Huh, whom I understand to be Scott Won’s replacement, is doing a fabulous job and is much more active than his predecessor, which I think, is a good thing.)

Moreover, this was the first true interaction with your concierge desk, and this (I think) is where I would like to stop and recognize a whole lot of people. Gina Han, Candy Bang, and another person (a female forgot her name) were instrumental in packing, coordinating delivery and checking to see the durian was properly delivered. To be honest, it was a complicated process and I didn’t really have high hopes and was sort of waiting for the other shoe to drop- but this was executed flawlessly. So, I know I can say that not only is your check in staff, bell desk and doormen the best, but the concierge desk is the best that I have seen thus far in Korea, hands down. Plz pass along my compliments to Gina Han- as she did most of the heavy lifting in coordinating everything related to the durians.

All in all, the reason why I say that this trip was even better than the perfect trip I had last time was the fact that the level of service is consistent- it isn’t just starts and stops, but EVERYONE is professional, courteous and has the same attitude. This was not a rare occurrence in Korea- in fact, I posit to write that it did not exist prior to my experiences @ the Sheraton. Once again, unheard of ridiculously perfect service (and I don’t mean to use the word perfect lightly)- I have no complaints (not even small ones this time, which is surprising to me as I often can stew over small details).

The constant checking and double checking of our requests, time and again detail oriented work that is done with precision is not common at all in Korea (much less in Asia or around the world). I mean, where can I go and say with confidence (and believe with confidence) that something can get done properly? Aside from the Four Seasons concierge in Hong Kong, your hotel is the only one in the world that I can say that about right now.

Genuinely friendly service- I know I harp on this again and again. But there is no substitute for friendly service (and I mean genuine friendliness). In Korea, you will get friendly service, but most of it is an act that you see through and can smell a mile away- here I honestly believe everyone really cares about me (if that isn’t the case, then your whole staff are Oscar-caliber actors). Even the spa greeter on the 28th floor- as you know, I have to change elevators to get up to my room (instead of coming down after reaching the 41st floor)- every single time, she greets me with the same smile, even though I had just passed her multiple times five mins apart. I am sure that she doesn’t think I notice, but I do. This is the type of preciseness I am talking about when I note these things to you- once again, I don’t know her name (and I should), but plz pass along my compliments.

Also, I had several guests stay at the same time, and they were very complimentary of the staff and facilities- even though it was their first time here. These guys are usually not very complimentary- so this was a very generous compliment.

If this hotel doesn't win some type of award from trip advisor, something is wrong with this site.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Hello skanklor1,

Thank you for your continued patronage of Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel and providing us with another excellent review. It certainly gives us all great motivation to learn that we are considered the ‘best’ hotel in Korea, and that we have exceeded your expectations.

Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel team strives to differentiate ourselves by consistently providing genuine personalized service to all our guests. A lot of time and effort goes into training our teams to focus on continuous guest interactions and to ensure a flawless experience.

We sincerely thank you for your kind notes regarding our associates, with special attention to those specifically mentioned in your review – Leo, Paul, Rimmy, Mindy, William, Gina and Candy.

skanklor1, we hope to welcome you again in the near future, and please do contact me directly if I may be of any personal assistance in making your next visit with us more comfortable.

Warmest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Hi.  This is Wook jin, Choi

I stayed at your hotel for 3days and it was my first stay at your hotel.

I used to stay at Walkerhill since I am a member of supertriple , but after I registered SPG, I would like to try to stay at your hotel and I did.

As soon as I got home, I wrote this letter to praise your club lounge clerks and feast members who took good care of me and gave me good service.

Their smiles made me smile and their kindness made me think I had good choice of staying at Sheraton Seoul.

I guess their names are Catherine and Julia ( I am not sure if their names are correct but they deserve to get praise.),Ginna and Jenifer working at Feast, too.

They are so friendly and nice that I can feel comfortable.

I would like to say thank them for their warm hospitality.

They gave me a good first
impression.

Actually, I once emailed to prase your spa manager and the staff members one month ago, before I checked into your hotel.

Now, while I was staying at your hotel, not only spa manager & the staff members(including door man) but also club lounge clerks and Feast  members made me feel at home.

I think I will be a loyal customer~lol

Anyway, thank you again for your staff members warm kindness, and your korean was so perfect that I was a lttle bit astonished, though just one short sentence-annyunghaseyo~
(we just happened to see each other at 28th floor in front of the elevator when I got off. As soon as you saw me, you said, Hi~ in Korean.)

I think that's why most of your staff members are so kind. You are takng the lead in treating people kindly.

You and your staff members' bright smile and kind service made me think I would like to stay at your hotel again.

See you soon again.

Best regards.

• Stayed July 2012
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Hello Orjulius,

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor!

We are extremely happy to have you as our loyal guest and we sincerely thank you for your patronage of Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again where we will provide you with another exceptional experience.

Warm Regards,
David Cuddon
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I used to stay at another big hotel chain whenever I visited Seoul. This time around, however, to meet up with colleagues, I stayed at this hotel. And I must say that this is perfect for a short trip, especially if you were travelling on business.

Pros:
- slightly less expensive relative to the major hotels in the tourist zones
- very new & well kept
- directly above a big shopping mall, so food isnt a problem for those less adventurous
- across the road from a Home Plus (big supermarket & store)
- above a subway station that linked Lines 1 & 2 that would connect most of Seoul

Tiny quirks:
- a lift system that would require you to go to the 38th/ 41st floors to change to the room levels
- slight rattling that disturbed my 1st night's sleep until I discovered the air conditioner was blowing against the bathroom blinds, which then knocked on the glass whenever the air conditioner kicked in (solved by just lowering the blinds)

I must say the best thing about this hotel is the service. All the staff seemed genuinely warm & were extremely helpful, to the point of helping to check the online prices & timings for trains for us. Simply amazing service - keep it up!

Room Tip: I read about the noise from the railway so I requested for one not facing the railroads. Sure enough...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Hello tahoch!

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel as your new ‘preferred’ hotel in Seoul!

It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our associates provided you with our usual warm and friendly service.

We are appreciative of your detailed feedback, which gives us great opportunity to monitor our current services and find ways to better serve our guests.

We have well noted your comments regarding our elevator and noise from the air conditioning system in your room. We will address these comments with our relevant departments and seek ways of further improvement. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Tachoch, once again thank you for your feedback, and our team will continuously strive to improve to provide excellent service to all our guests. If your plans bring you back to Seoul, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally look after you.

Indiana/Ohio/Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We are wrappin up a 6 night stay that this fantastic hotel and we love everything about it. We are in Seoul for an adoption and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff is fantastic. The hotel is flawless, the fact that the subway is attached along with a really great mall is a bonus. Don't hesitate staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Hello AdoptiveFamily!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us and hope the adoption of your new child went well.

Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel associates will continually strive towards service excellence. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Warmest regards and safe travels,

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I'm one of the employees of Starwood and I always try to live at other sister properties to experience their service when I travel. It was my forth time to go to Seoul when I lived at D Cube Sheraton. Although I'm familiar with this city, I never went to that area before. When I could not find the way, a nice Korean girl searched it and called the hotel, then told me how to get there. So I think the hotel needs to set more signage to show the guests the way.
Before I took the elevator to 41st floor, I was greeted by the concierge. When I saw the reception area, I was impressed by the beautiful scenery outside the window! Nearby is lobby lounge and other side is "Feast". I can imagine how great the feeling is to dine here!
The English of the staff was OK. They told me how to get to SPG floor. I think it's a little bit complicated to get to the room. Maybe I had a misunderstanding and did not know how to get to my room in a faster way- everytime I came back, I had to go to 41st floor first and go down to F35. However, it is minor to me. I really like this hotel. The room is big, with a large bathroom. They do not offer free disposable toothbrush because of environmental protection. I can understand and fully support this action! At present in China, it is not practical and might have negative impact on the business of the hotels. Now Starwood proposes "little action, great impact". I think D Cube Sheraton does well in it and I hope other guests support it as well.
I can say that among all the 5-star hotels I've ever lived at(not include resorts), D Cube Sheraton is the one with best scenery, especially in the evening! You can lie on the “sweet bed” and enjoy the beauty of the city outside. How wonderful it is!I will never forget it!
I had to catch up the plane on the other day so I did not go to the workout. It's a pity. Next time if I stay here, I will go to the swimming pool.
The last but not least, the location of this hotel is nice. Although it is not located near Myeongdong, just as Westin Chosun, you can also do some shopping at D Cube City, which is modern and convenient. But if you want to send some postcards, you have to go to the postoffice nearby. I thought they would sell some stamps just as Westin Chosun did, but they did not.The front desk told me I could have my postcards sent with some service fee, but they didn't have any stamps to sell. Because of it I didn't send my postcards. I hope in the future their business center could have this service to provide more convenience to the guests.
To sum up, the staff are nice and helpful, just as other Starwood hotels. The room and the bed are also comfortable. I enjoyed the night at D Cube Sheraton, which is great. I'm not a common guest, nor LRA. I just focus on some points that others may not care about. Hope D Cube Sheraton become more and more prosperous in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be better
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Crystal L!

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you for your recent stay, and we are pleased to hear that you had a “great experience”.

We are extremely appreciative of your detailed feedback which assists us greatly in monitoring and improving our services.

We have well noted your valuable comments in regards to the signage, elevators and the stamps. Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel strives to provide most exceptional service to all our valued guests, and we will seek further ways of improvement.

As you have mentioned for your next visit, please do try our wonderful Sheraton Fitness programmed by Core Performance, where it has the swimming pool, sauna, golf range and fitness facilities, as well as our Aequalis Spa for a relaxing treatment, which is highly recommended.

Thank you once again for your great feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Kind Regards,
David

Been to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel? Share your experiences!