“GREAT HOTEL BUT INTERNET COST WAY TOO HIGH” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
SPG Hot Escapes!
Ranked #5 of 393 hotels in Seoul
Newport Beach
“GREAT HOTEL BUT INTERNET COST WAY TOO HIGH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Great hotel all around ...
Free pool and exercise facility but that's about it. No other "freebies".

Internet is more than $20 for 24 hours. That was the most frustrating part. However great computers and internet at their business center.

AMAZING all around view of the city from your room and from the restaurant, business city, lobby, etc.

Small but decent selection of English TV channels.

Very nice that it is almost RIGHT ABOVE the Shindorim Subway stop. Mall with great food court at the basement level ... McDonalds, Starbucks, Taco Bell, and then many other restaurants below the hotel.

They will clean your room even though you request them not to.

Locations being far from downtown was not that big of a deal for me ... everything is relatively close with their subway system. Shindorim subway stop is a part of LINE 2 and LINE 1 which run through the heart of the city.

Overall, great place ...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Hello stjustin61,

Greetings from Seoul, Korea!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback which is most appreciated. As you have mentioned, we are ideally located in South West of Seoul, and directly connected to Sindorim Subway Station. As we are part of the D Cube City complex, you can also enjoy the D Cube Department Store, Art Center and the D Cube Park for nonstop entertainment.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we have duly noted your comments regarding our Internet prices. We will consider your feedback during our next price review. I am happy to advise that we continually benchmark with other hotels in the city to ensure that our Hotels always remains competitive. The Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel team members will continually work towards providing warm and caring service and exceeding your expectations.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback, and if your travel plans bring you back to Seoul do contact me directly so that I may personally look after your stay.

631 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

The minute we stepped off from the airport shuttle, the bell man was standing there ready to help us with luggages, walked us to the elevator, and set the elevator to 41st floor, where the lobby is located. The front desk staff were very pleasant and welcoming.
Since Sheraton is a 5-star hotel, needless to say, the place is first class. But having stayed in different hotels of the same chain for both leisure and business, I find myself fond of Sheraton D Cube very much. I think it's an excellent design that the lobby is located on the Top floor of the hotel premises; the higher the room class, the higher the floor, the shorter the wait in the elevator.
The room was very cosy. And I loved how the layout of the bathroom. Also, the big glass wall by the bath tub made it possible to watch tv while enjoying a hot bath after return from a day of touring in the cold. The house keeping was excellent as expected. But what was even better was that our room slippers were lined up in the entrance of the room at the edge of the carpet everyday when we came back to the room. This little touch created a sense of coming home.
Even though the location of D Cube is not in the city center, the fact that it is right above a subway station totally makes up for it. We were happily shopping away knowing that there was only a 3-minute walk from the station to our room.
Prior to my arrival, I had expressed on tripadvisor some concerns I had regarding my stay and the service provided. But it turned out it was a misunderstanding and that it was the central Sheraton customer service over e-mail that I was not happy with, not that of D Cube as when I e-mail the hotel directly, I got a response right away. When i arrived at the hotel, I was surprised that the assistant of GM came to meet me at check-in and addressed my concerns. Even though the GM and I weren't able to meet in person due to my trip schedule, he did manage to call me in the room to make sure that my stay was as comfortable as it should be.
All and all, i must say, excellent excellent excellent hotel with great service. This will be my number one choice of hotel for my future visits to Seoul for sure!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Hello JacChen,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, and it was a pleasure speaking to you during your stay with us.

We are most pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, and that you found our associates pleasant and welcoming.

Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel strives to maximize guest satisfaction and will continually work towards providing excellent experiences to all of our guests.

Should your travels bring you back to Seoul, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and personally take care of your stay.

Thank you very much again for your feedback!.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The Sheraton D Qube City Hotel has by far the best service in Seoul. The staff, from bell persons to waitstaff, were very attentive and made my trip much more efficient and relaxing.

While the hotel is a bit out of the way, the decor and service level make up for it. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton, JW and Westin in Seoul, but have found the Sheraton D Qube City the best by far.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the train station until the hotel installs double pane glass.
Hello J M,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel!

Thank you very much for your feedback you provided for us on TripAdvisor on the 31st of January.

We are extremely happy to hear that you consider us as the best hotel in Seoul! All our Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel associates strives to maximize guest satisfaction by providing warm and genuine service. We will consistently work towards providing excellent service by continuous training and development.

Once again, we would like to sincerely thank you for your valuable comments, and we look forward to welcoming you again to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, but location is far from downtown, ..................................

• Stayed January 2012
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Hello VanessaLacsamana,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback posted on TripAdvisor on the 28th of January.

We are ideally located in the hub of the new D Cube City complex, with D Cube City department store, Art Center and D Cube Park and conveniently connected next to the Sindorim Subway Station connecting with Seoul’s major subway lines number one and number two. The Hotel is only a 15 - 20 minute drive from downtown, a 25 minutes ride from Gangnam via the subway and less than one hour from the Incheon International Airport.

Once again, I would like to sincerely thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you again to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a very nice new hotel south of the river.

I came on the subway since I was already in downtown Seoul. You need to get to Sindorim Station and take Exit 1 “Sandorim-dong”. As you leave this exit you walk to the left slightly (10 o’clock direction). Then you take a left at the Sheraton sign and go down some steps into a side entrance of the D Cube Mall. Once inside you walk straight and take the second set of elevators on your right.

Check In: No issues, smooth process. English was fine (better than my Korean!) and Japanese would be fine too.

Room: Upgraded to an Executive Suite due to Platinum status with Starwood. Fantastic room, standard amenities (soap, gel, etc), and great view. Shower and bathtub (including bath salts) were great. Regular toilet (it’s not a Toto/equivalent washlet type).

Nespresso coffee maker has 3 pods available each day + teas.

Executive Lounge: Great staff here (all staff throughout were great – but I had most of my interaction with staff here) – Morning and evening staff shifts were very competent, helpful, pleasant, and cheerful. Very pretty too! Lounge drinks (wine, beer, liquor) were complimentary and self-pour. 2 or 3 hot items but not much menu rotation on different days. Cheeses, bread, fruits, desserts round out a nice lounge spread. 2 computer stations available.

Breakfast: One of the best buffet breakfasts ever! Even more selection than the Westin Chosun. Made to order eggs and noodle bar in addition to Western, Asian, and Korean options (including crab!). Glassed-in kitchen so you can see the chefs preparing dishes.

The attached D Cube Mall is great with many shops and restaurants. There is a Korean Market Street, World Foods, and more restaurants on the 6th floor. A good one is “Sariwon Bulgogi” beef restaurant on 6F – very friendly and helpful staff. Ask for Mr. Kang Ki Dong and he and his staff will take good care of you there.

Overall if you have business south of the river this is a great hotel. You could make it a nice base camp for tourist things too but you may need to spend time on the subway for some sights.

I wish I could have stayed longer. I will definitely stay here again on a future trip to Seoul. Seoul is now my favourite city in Asia!

Dear onebagtraveller,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback posted on TripAdvisor

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will recommend our hotel to others. It is also great to hear your comments regarding our friendly associates, especially at our Club Lounge. Our Club Lounge associates work continually towards providing our Club guests with most personalized and exclusive service in Seoul.
Furthermore, we are pleased to hear that you consider our buffet breakfast one of the best! Our Executive Chef Gunnar and his culinary team does their utmost to provide our guests with the best experience at all of our food and beverage venues, our feast and lobby lounge bar on level 41, Deli on B1, Fit Café on level 28 as well as 24 hour In Room Dining.

Once again, we are much appreciative of your feedback!

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

The Sheraton D-Cube City is a new hotel (opened in Oct of 2011). Although it's located in an inconvenient part of the city, if you are willing to venture out on the subway, it sits right on top of the Sindorim subway station (line 2). City Hall is 25 minutes away. Coex only 30. And being on the West side of town means that it's 30 minutes closer to Incheon or Gimpo than hotels in the center of the city at rush hour. That's something to consider after a 12 hour flight.

The rooms are all very clean and modern. The staff is wonderfully attentive and polite. The gym is one of the best in Asia and there's even an indoor "screen" golf range if you want to practice your swing. The Aequalis Spa is also one of the best that I've experienced in Asia.

The only downside is the main (and only restaurant) Fiest offers an over-priced buffet and a fairly limited a la carte menu. The buffet is very good with a diverse offering but just a little too overpriced at KRW 85,000. The good news is that there are a number of restaurants located in the shopping mall attached to the hotel. Most of the casual ones are on level B2 where you'll also find a small supermarket.

WARNING - DON"T USE THE HOTEL PHONE TO MAKE INTERNATIONAL CALLS! A 20 minute phone call might cost you $100. Sometimes hanging on a 6 party conference call at 11PM on your mobile is a hassle and an actual pain in the neck. So it's natural to want to use the hotel phone. But be warned. But the reasonable room rates ($160/night) even it out I guess.

Overall, the Sheraton D-Cube City is a good business hotel with a fantastic staff. The General Manager is also a very welcoming and approachable person.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West Side are away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Hello MichaelCottle,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel and a very happy new year!

As one of the latest Starwood Hotel in Seoul, we are extremely appreciative of all the comments we are given, which helps us greatly in monitoring our products and services. As you have mentioned, we are ideally located in the hub of the new D Cube City complex, which is connected to Sindorim Subway Station, and 15-20 minutes to downtown area, and easily accessible by taxi or subway.

We are pleased to hear to our that our associates provided with warm and caring service which were up to your satisfaction. All our associates will continually work towards providing excellent service.

Furthermore, we are happy to hear that you have enjoyed both our spa and fitness! Our beautiful Aequalis Spa is located on the 28th floor, which is managed by the world-famous management company MSPA from Thailand, and offers the most relaxing treatments. As you have mentioned, our Sheraton Fitness Programmed by Core® Performance has beautiful indoor swimming pool, screen golf, and equipped with the latest fitness equipment and knowledgeable trainers,

We also thank you for your valuable comments in regards to our feast buffet and international phone call prices. We have duly noted your comments and will be taken into consideration upon our next price revision period.

Once again, thank you for feedback and choosing Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

The place is located a little bit away from downtown, but in a central area with lots of shops and restaurants nearby and easily accessible by subway and airport express bus.The hotel covers the upper floors of a modern high-rise building. The interior combines modern style with authentic Korean elements. We had a room with floor-to-ceiling windows, a stunning view and new and modern furniture.
Staff is very friendly, a few minor issues were settled immediately (give them some time to be perfect - the hotel has just opened several weeks ago!)
The hotel is one of the best starwood properties I ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Dear id00r2,

Season’s greetings from Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Thank you very much for you valuable comments on TripAdvisor on the 23rd of December.

First of all, we are extremely happy to hear that we are considered your best Starwood Hotel! As the newest property in Seoul, we are appreciative of all guest feedback as it greatly assists us in improving our services. As you have mentioned, we are conveniently located in the hub of D Cube City complex, which comprises of hotel, department store, art center and park. We are easily accessible via Sindorim Subway Station, as well as by Airport Limousine Bus 6018.

Our associates will continually work towards providing warm and genuine service and exceeding our guest expectations.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards and best wishes for the festive season ahead.

David

Been to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel? Share your experiences!