“Comfy !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun

You added Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun to your Saves list
Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   275-3, Euljiro5-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea (Dongdaemun / Sindangdong)   |
Ranked #134 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Comfy !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Comfortable hotel. Convenient and good view. Nearby Gangnam area. Front office staff was ok. breakfast served was good with various choices. Some may find the room small if sharing. Toilet / bathroom - very clean. Net connection was efficient. Nice view of town from my room...especially the long stretch of road :)

You can also explore the area on foot...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed three nights at the hotel in the midst of a cold spell.

Service at check-in and check.-out was very efficient.

I had a rather small room on the 2nd floor. The cold weather outside also influenced the temperatur inside,

Effective internet connection.

Slept well.

I was first for breakfast every morning. Good choice for breakfast. Coffee could have been stronger.

I had dinner in the restaurant three nights. Most evenings I was on my own in the Italian named restaurant. Very good service. Good food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kang K, 프론트 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear retired43Oslo_
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I am so pleased to read your positive comments on Tripadvisor. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable stay and so I'm pleased that you felt well looked after. I’m glad to hear that you felt good service from F&B. I've been shared your comments to the team manager. I believe coffee will soon be able to be improved.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Kind Regards,
Kelly Kang
Front Office Manager
essex, england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Staying one night connecting from Sydney to London we opted to stay in the hotel as opposed to the airport.

The city can be a confusing place when booking for a stop-over but this turned out to be perfect.

The express train from Incheon goes directly to Seoul Station. If you are flying with Asiana your boarding pass will give you a discount too. The journey is approx 40mins and it's easier to grab a taxi than navigate your way from the station to the hotel.

The hotel itself is fairly unremarkable. Check in was easy and there is a small coffee booth in reception serving snacks as well, or, there is a Starbucks next door!! (Easy for breakfast)

The room was ok, comfortable bed and clean shower room. There were some self catering facilities but I wouldn't imagine using them.

If you are on a stop over and you have a few hours to spare, the market is over the road and if is easy to walk to the main shopping area and department stores. The temple is also worth a visit particularly the changing of the guard ceremony!

We enjoyed our stay and for one night the Ramada was fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kang K, 제너럴 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear. flyboylee

On behalf of all the Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your business and do look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. We truly appreciate your comments and utilize this information to improve our operation to better serve our valued guests.

I will definitely share your comments with all of our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you soon when you visit us again on your next trip to Seoul.

Sincerely Yours,

Joung Joon
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Staff: friendly and always try best to help the guest. Good English speaking (I can't speak Korean)

Cleanliness: very good, very clean and has washing machine in each room I think.
Sleep Quality: excellent

Quietness: ok, we stayed 10th floor. Window thick enough to keep outside noisy (but we had to open window for cooler fresh brew)

Value: very good

View: no view

Laundry: towels, shampoo & shower gel, water boiler, hair dryer are provided (no tooth brush)

WiFi: strong wifi in all area

Suggestion: just 15 mins walks to get to the heart of sleepless shopping centres in Dongdaemun.

Room Tip: i think all room are similar, travelers don't expect good view and if you prefer king size bed t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear. devilcoach

First off, I am glad to know that our staff was polite and courteous, friendly and also very happy that you liked the guest room is clean with all the features.

Sincerely Yours,

Joung Joon
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Location is not too bad - 1 minute walk into underground that leads to two tube stations, each about 5-8 mins walk away. Within 10-15 mins' walk to famous Doota building and to famous Gwangjang market. Even from the tube, most of the city area hotspots are within just a few stations away - maximum 5-6 stops away.
Hotel guests mainly from China/Taiwan, I would guess, as everytime I'm in the lift and also at the reception, I hear chinese language being used 70% of the time.

Reception staff are very helpful and friendly. They will have a chinese speaking staff at the reception at all times. Most of the staff can speak english adequately.

Cleanliness is the biggest issue for my family.
First room being allocated to us had some stains on the toilet seat and bed linings weren't very clean. My family was then relocated to another room (more quiet facing room) - toilet tiles were not in good condition and again, not very clean bed linings.

If budget isn't an issue, my family would probably settle for a hotel in other locations and not in Dongdaemon for our future Seoul visits.
If it's still Dongdaemon, we might want to try out other hotels and put this Ramada as 3rd choice.

Room Tip: Some room have poor layouts. No fitness room but nice to have the washing machine in our 4-beds room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at Ramada for 4 nights after booking our trip to Seoul through a travel agent. This hotel was not one of our top choices but due to availability, we were put into Ramada and weren't disappointed, especially having read some previous reviews.

The hotel is at a good location, close to a number of metro stations and also walking distance to the night market. The rooms were spacious, comes with clean towels and sheets and has good wifi. There was also a washing machine in the room which you could use free of charge but detergent is at a cost. We didn't interact with the staff too much but they always greeted us with a smile whenever they saw us.

It's also very easy to take public transport from the airport to the hotel. From Incheon Airport, take the airport limousine no. 6001 for KRW14,000 per person, and get off at the stop outside Hotel Acacia(Western CO-OP Residence) the journey takes just over an hour with no traffic. Once you get off the bus, head right and keep walking til you reach the cross roads, and take a left turn. The hotel is only about 3-5 minutes walk from the bus stop. If you take the same airport limo back to the airport on your return, you catch the bus on exactly the same spot you got off.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The staff must be commended. I've had hotels be totally surprised that I required a non-smoking room (strong allergies) even when I've stated it in my reservation. However, the front desk staff (Louis Kim) immediately mentioned that because of my request he was putting us in room in a wing with a totally separate air system from the smoking rooms. That won me over.

The room, a deluxe twin, was fairly standard for a chain hotel. There was no washer/dryer, unlike what was mentioned by other reviewers. There was a cooker hood, but no stove. Odd. Otherwise, the room was all right, except that the shower stall REALLY needs to be re-grouted or cleaned. The black mold on the lower wall and floor is pretty repulsive.

Like almost all Korean hotels, bath towels are the size of a large hanky, but calling housekeeping should do the trick. Location-wise, this is in a a solidly old-people neighbourhood, surrounded by hardware and dry goods businesses. If you're the sightseeing type, this might bother you. However, I like seeing how regular citizens go about their business, and since my boyfriend speaks good Korean, we got to eat at solid eateries run by little old ladies, and had a good time walking through markets selling all kinds of deeply Korean foods, like pig's head and snails. I loved it.

Dongdaemun night market is a very short walk away, even on my short fat legs, so if that's what you're planning to do, it's a good location. Overall, decent value for money, but it's not for the picky of super-touristy.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun? Share your experiences!