“Just a showroom to sell their furniture!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Casa Seoul

Save Saved
You added Hotel La Casa Seoul to your Saves list
Hotel La Casa Seoul
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   527-2, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-888, South Korea   |
Ranked #77 of 387 hotels in Seoul
Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“Just a showroom to sell their furniture!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Luckily!! I have stayed here only one night during my business trip to Seoul. I chose this hotel because of its very trendy location and uniqueness, by the meaning uniqueness - the idea having a hotel as a showroom for displaying all furniture that they are selling.

Room: At a glance, it looks nice, very comfy atmosphere (as they are using all the furniture that it might be used at home) makes you feel like home.
However, that's it. They have considered a lot how to fit in Casamia furniture in the room, but nothing about the guests. Working desk length was quite short, so when you do some work on the desk TV is just right above your head. Lying in the bed and talking on the phone, every single word I was saying echoed.

Amenity was great though. Tea set also, very good.

Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was awful. They charge you almost equal to 5 star hotels in Seoul (You can stay in 5 star hotel with extra 30 $) but nothing about courtesy. Am I expecting too much?
1. Everything I have requested upon reservation didn't work. Do not expect anything from their reservation team! I have requested room-show and late check-out upon my reservation and got confirmed from the reservation team.

As a habit I have double checked with receptionist when I was checking in and he didn't know anything about the room-show, but he told me he will arrange next morning by 1. Deal!

Next morning 12:20 PM one lady receptionist called me that I have to check-out now because their checking out time is 12:00 PM. DIDN'T I REQUESTED A LATE CHECK-OUT AND YOU CONFIRMED IT TO 1 PM????? She apologized though.

Anyway I went down for check-out at 1 PM and for the room-show at the same time. The receptionist who helped my check-in was there, but it seems like he had forgotten it. During the room-show I have asked him some questions where he answered me that he is not sure... maybe regarding it marketing team might answer me. DIDN'T I REQUESTED THE ROOM-SHOW IN ADVANCE AND WHY THE MARKETING TEAM WAS NOT AVAILABLE FOR IT EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE IN THE OFFICE?????

I had very unpleasant stay in this hotel, and I would not recommend for those who want to use their money for something valuable. The rate they charge you and the value do not go well together.

Some good points:
1. Room amenity: Caudali
2. Location: Garosu-gil
3. Quiet, and very calm atmosphere
4. 24hrs convenience store right away
5. If you have stayed the hotel you can get some discounts when you by furniture from Casamia.
6. Complimentary access to the fitness and the business center - I have asked them if I can use the BC right after check-out and they allowed me to do so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Mapleton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights at La Casa in October. We really liked the hotel with it's funky foyer. It is not far from the very efficient subway system (Sinsa station) whiich makes movement around the city easy. We found the staff on the subway to be very helpfully especially when we accidentally got off at the wrong station on one occasion as well as a local police officer who gave us directions when out walking the area one day. There are also lots of shops bars and eating options within easy walking distance -Red Clouds became a favourite. There is a good convenience store straight across the street from the entrance. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant had a good range. Our room was very comfortable and the bathroom was very good -large rain shower head and automatic flushing toilet. Unfortunately there was a bright blue light on the air conditioning unit which made the room bright at night. I covered it with sticking plaster to reduce the glare. The staff at reception while helpful had limited English which caused some confusion.
We would recommend this hotel to people looking for a slightly different experience to the usual 4 star hotel.p

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I rated this hotel 'very good' because although in Europe I would find it totally overpriced, for Seoul it might be a good deal if you want a clean, quiet hotel in a nice district.
The rooms are not too small for East Asia, nicely furnished, and looking very new. The bathrooms the same. All is very clean. The hotel is overlooking a passway, but the windows are good enough to isolate from the traffic. In general, the room isolation was good and I did not have troubles sleeping. The rooms are not interconnected, which in this case is a bonus. The beds are comfortable.
The breakfast is ok, but nothing special. There are typical Korean breakfast items: soups, fish, meat. And one can have eggs on order. For vegetarians a little bit less: some fruits (good water melon), almost invisible cheese (placed together with ham - one has to fish it out) and some sweet items. Coffee is so-so, but one can order cappuccino (too bitter, but perhaps depends on the day?). Tea and green tea are of course available. The juice is absolutely artificial.
The staff is very nice and speaks good English and the breakfast room (in a hotel restaurant) is pleasant.
The location is quite good. It's ca. 7 min. walk from the Sinsa underground station, ca. 15 minutes from Apgujeon. It's much more convenient to walk to Sinsa, I think.
Near the hotel is the Sinsa-dong, a nice tree-lined street with small boutiques and plenty of cafes open until late at night. A restaurant area is on small lanes closer to the Sinsa station. The area is clean, and looks very safe and pleasant, and not abandoned even at night. The travel to the palaces and Insadong by underground (from Sinsa station) takes around 20 minutes.
It is not a touristy area, but perhaps that's why it is nice - to see local people shopping, eating out, etc.
The airport limousine bus stops ca. 5 minutes walk from the hotel, on the main road going toward Apgujeong. The travel to the airport takes just under 1 hour, depending on the traffic.
I used taxi only once: from the hotel to the Seoul station, and it cost 10.000 won. Beware of some taxi drivers who would like to give you just a too long drive of the district. Also, unlike in Europe or some other Asian countries, the taxi drivers and the hotel receptionists are not very keen on helping you with the luggage. One is expected to put the luggage in the trunk himself and take it out later. Also, the taxis drive on gas, so there is a huge gas tank in the luggage compartment: the remaining space cannot accomodate more than one luggage. So if you are three people with luggage, you would probably need two taxis. :-)

All in all, considering the trouble of finding a right accomodation in Seoul in a district that is nice and not too far away from it all, I would recommend La Casa. But - well - it is a bit overpriced...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed two weeks at La Casa during the month of September. My first week I statyed in the deluxe double, and the second week in a single room (my mum came to join me so she took my room whilst I took the single room)

Pros:
* Fantastic location in the gangnam gu, super trendy area. I liked that you can enter or exit the hotel through either the front or back doors - and both have lots of shops and restuarants around there - but the front door more. I used the back entrance to talk to Sinsa station (about 7 minute walk, come of the back door, turn left and straight) whereas near the front their are lots of shops, cafes and restaurants. I loved all the small cute cafes and I had a nice manicure at a nail salon nearby as well a hair salon.
* Even though the back of the hotel is a very busy road, the hotel is double glazed so there was minimal noise when the window is closed.
* Breakfast was plentiful and a nice selection to choose from
* The hotels has a nice modern decor throughout
* Loved the automatic toilet!!
* Shower is strong and the shower cubicle pretty large
* Lots of movies to choose from
* Friendly and helpful stafff

Cons:
* The most annoying thing which applies to ALL the rooms in the hotel, is that there is a big blue light on the AC machine, so for me there was no way of having the AC on at night as the light was way too bright. It's just as well I like the warmth and didn't mind the AC off, but I would think this would annoy some guests.
* The windows are sound proof, but the doors to all the guest rooms are heavy and they really close with a bang! This I found to be frustrating early in the morning/late at night when you're trying to get some sleep. You can't hear voices or noises is other rooms but you can certainly hear when the doors close!
* Although the staff at the hotel are all very sweet, some of the staff's English is quite limited, so I found communication to be a slight problem with some of them. I know in general most people don't speak very good English, but you would expect all staff working at a 4* hotel to be able to help communicate with guests.

Room Tip: Both the double and single room don't have baths, so you would need to upgrade to have a bath, t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Hotel La Casa is a great little boutique hotel in the heart of Apgujeong. Close to lots of bars, restaurants and boutiques its is perfectly located. It has a very unique design aesthetic, the lobby doubling up as a library with some interesting sculptures and furniture. Our room was very well laid out, very comfortable and again with some lovely little design touches. Very modern with all the amenities one could need including free, fast wifi. Our room faced a very busy junction where about 4 or 5 roads merged however we could barely hear the noise of the traffic and found our room very quiet and restful. The bathroom was fantastic - the bath was a little on the small side for a westerner but the shower was brilliant! And the toilet rather fascinating with its own control panel! (a first for us!) The breakfast, included in the price, was excellent, a huge range of food and drinks and great service. We felt La Casa was fantastic value for money and exactly the sort of different experience we look for when travelling. Certainly out does the bigger chain hotels for sure. Would highly recommend a stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

A classy, clean and neat hotel, backed by excellent service staff. Airport limousine bus stop is just a few steps away from this hotel. Sinsa train station is a reasonably walk of about 5-7 minutes. Located on a quiet street ensuring a good night sleep while a tasty morning breakfast awaits you before your shopping marathon.

2 unfortunate hiccups: Air-cons stopped thrice during our first night stay (evening, past midnight and wee morning). However, hotel staff did not take long to rectify the problem and offered to move us to an upgraded room the next morning. Room access card failed 3 out of 4 days and had to lift down re-validate card, could test your patient especially after a tiring and sweaty day. Nevertheless, the helpful and service friendly staff just put your smile back again after tending to our continual information requests during our stays from 23-27 August.

Our sincere thanks to all hotel service staff once again. Will return and recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was in Soul on business and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. My assistant booked a single room for me by mistake. The room was very small, but it was modern and very clean. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel is in a trendy area that comes alive at night and I had a lot of fun walking around the neighborhood. There are many restaurants and coffee shops near the hotel, so it was very conveniently located. The included breakfast was very good, and the service was excellent. Thank you Hotel La Casa for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel La Casa Seoul? Share your experiences!