“Great place, Great staff :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zaza Backpackers Hostel

You added Zaza Backpackers Hostel to your Saves list
Zaza Backpackers Hostel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   32-3, Namsandong-2ga, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-042, South Korea   |
Ranked #56 of 380 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Laguna
“Great place, Great staff :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My sister and I enjoyed our trip in Seoul very much and we are definitely going back and stay at Zaza Backpackers. Our overall stay was great because of the convenient location and friendly staff. See you soon!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

kyungminj, 매니저 at Zaza Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed Seoul :D
Our staff are happy and get energy with your warmest review.

Take care till we meet again. ^^

With my best regards,
James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had made a double room reservation with Zaza and had re-confirmed by booking at least twice with Zaza. When I checked-in with Zaza and after I had made the full payment, then they told me that what there is some place under renovation or construction & there is no room for us. They had re-located us to another hostel which is a bit more far and the room is smaller. I am very very disappointed with Zaza as they should inform us earlier. I really felt like been cheated.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
kyungminj, 제너럴 매니저 at Zaza Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
We are really sorry to make you disappointed and feel cheated.
It is all our fault to give you bad impression and confusion.

First of all, building you mentioned on review is also is our place not a other guesthouse. We are sorry that we didn't let you know about it. And construction of opposite building of main branch was sudden to us as well. We should rearrange original booking state to avoid guest's inconvenience. We will try to make better place than we are now, and we hope you don't have any misunderstanding there.

With my best regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I would like to thanks to the staffs at Zaza. They are very helpful and friendly. However, I'm quite disappointed on the size of the room and the wifi connection in the room that I stayed. If you planned to stay here, please bring more cash as there will be extra 10% charge for the room.

• Stayed March 2014
kyungminj, 매니저 at Zaza Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Yap K :

Thanks for helpful feedback to us. It would be very useful to whom consider our place and to us to make Zaza better place to travelers.

First of all, I am really glad that you had great joy at our place with our friendly staff. ^^
We are always willing to meet and help our guests.

We have various types of room, and some rooms for solo traveler could be smaller than they expected. We try to rearrange their room if they feel uncomfortable due to limited space.

Unstable Wi-fi is also problem that we improve over and over. Especially at night, guests use Wi-fi at the same time and it could be jammed. So we have installed more than 10 Wi-fi connector in 1 building.

We will do our best for you to make better stay in Zaza Backpackers.
Thank you again and we hope that your everything goes well.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed here during Autumn last November. Really loves this place. They provide a great service. Very clean and spacious room. Their hospitality is also great. It's in the middle of Myeondong area. You can just walk up the hill to Namsan Cable Car from this guesthouse. It's very near.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
kyungminj, 매니저 at Zaza Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thanks for useful review for whom consider our place as home away from home in Seoul.^^

As I mentioned, we pour all efforts to our guests to feel Zaza as their home.
And I am really happy that you felt like that.

For guests who just want to go top of the Namsan Mt not by cable, there is public transportation from Myeongdong. Just ask us while you stay here. We will always be on your side.

Thanks again, take care till we meet again.
Have nice weekend !

James.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My friends and I have stayed here thrice over the past 2years. Great location and really helpful staff keep us coming back to this place. It's walking distance from Myeongdong so it's close to shops and restaurants but far enough from the noise and busy streets. It's also near bus and subway stations, unfortunately cabs cant drive in front of it though you can ask to be dropped of at the corner. Staff are friendly, they're very good at english and they know a lot of great places in case you run out of things to do during your stay. Also, place is pretty safe - left a luggage out for half a day and nothing was lost/stolen.

I've stayed with my friends twice in the family room at the 2nd level and at the ground floor, and once at the twin sharing room. The rooms are small but clean and nicely done so it still feels roomy. Booking was fuss free, they responded promptly to my emails, allowed us to pay upon arrival, and booked us airport transfers as well. There's wifi but the twin sharing room doesnt get good signal. Been there during winter and summer, their heating/cooling system works perfectly. I also like that there are windows in the rooms -although not much view.

The two things I have against this hostel - first the shower and toilet are together without divider/shower curtain. The bathroom is ensuite but when you shower everything in the bathroom gets wet. And second, there's no closet or rack to hang our clothes on. Well, there's a smallish rack that holds a couple of shirts so for a group of 4 people this can be frustrating.

Overall, aside from the wrinkled clothes and wet toilet, the price, location and staff more than makes up for it. This place is great value for money, looking forward to booking with ZAZA again for my 2014 Korea trip!

Room Tip: fastest wifi at rooms on the ground level but upper levels have more space.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Good afternoon, I am James. How have you been?

Thanks for comprehensive and detailed review for us and potential guests.
It's really appreciated.

About safety, we are watching security cameras all the time for guest's safe as well as for belongings. Guest's safety and pleasant staying are our priority.

Besides e-mail, through official website, Naver line, facebook, phone-call, you can ask us about booking information and so on. You are always welcome.

We already noticed some guest feel uncomfortable due to wet toilet. However, usual bathrooms in Korea are not with bath and shower curtain. And I hope you understand culture differences and that we are finding the way to solve it. Rack you mentioned is also we are preparing.

We will do our best for you to make Zaza home away home in Seoul.
Thank you again and we hope that your everything goes well till we meet.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was in Seoul for a total of 6 days and i have to say Zaza backpackers is definitely the best place that i stayed throughout all that time! My original plan was to just stay for 1 night but ended up staying 2~3 extra nights! I stayed in a single room which had a bunk single bed which didnt bother me at all, but the room itself was spacious, had underground heating (which helped with the -1 degree days, not so helpful when i left chocolate on the ground!), aircon was there and also a tv as well! of course u also got your own shower/bathroom as well which was great!

So the room itself was amazing no doubt, but the best part is the location and the staff there. the place was easy to find from the instructions you get sent when you confirm your booking, and you pretty much cross one main street and youll be in Myeongdong where you probably need 2 days just to shop the whole place properly! its also a good spot to base yourself if you are planning to take the subway alot, as youve got myeongdong station right infront of you to get you connected to the main lines, also you can pretty much walk to the otherside of myeongdong and you can get to line 2 where you can go straight to Hongdae.

The staff were so helpful and also willing to go the extra mile, one of the main things was that i was looking for a type of soup that is quite hard for foreigners to find, and after asking the staff where i can find it, they immediately helped me search for the nearest restaurant, made an amazing map and even popped a photo of the shop front just in case i miss it! and thanks to them they allowed me to accomplish my goal in Korea!

all in all i highly recommend anyone to stay here if you are planning to be around myeongdong, even if you're not and you need a nice spot to come back to after a day of adventuring, you cant go wrong with Zaza backpackers!

(thanks so much for all the help guys!)

Room Tip: i had the room upstairs, it was pretty awesome!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

kyungminj, 매니저 at Zaza Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hi Kevin How are you ?

This is Sunam staff of ZAZA who printed a map for you when you were searching for "Bosintang"

I feel really great that I was helpful to you!

And it is interesting that your goal was to try that soup^^.

About the disadvantages that you mentioned, we will try to improve for making better place.

If you have any chance to come to Seoul again, please visit our Zaza Backpackers.
We will do our best for you to make better stay in Zaza Backpackers.

or you can visit our place if you need any help even though you don't stay at Zaza.

Thank you again and we hope that your everything goes well.

Sunam
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

this is my 2nd time around in Korea and i must say that i enjoyed my trip again : ) no wonder i keep on coming back.
First, we had a hard time finding the guesthouse because it seems like... we're walking in the opposite direction! ヽ(´o`;Good thing we were able to find our way in with a help from someone who can speak English.
Location-wise, it's just a few minutes of brisk walk to and from myeongdong subway station. Just by walking thru the myeongdong subway underpass---going to myeongdong shopping district, nandaemun market and myeongdong cathedral is just within reach. What's more? it's even close to cable car station going to Namsan Tower~
The room we stayed in was quite clean and nice for a very much affordable rate. My friend is really right, definitely beyond expectation.
During our short stay in there, we first met Lin, then Chang, James and George who are all very nice and helpful ^^
Going back to Incheon airport is not a problem at all, bus 6015 will be at Sejong Hotel earliest time of pick-up is 4:50 am and so forth for every succeeding 20 minutes.
Seriously i have no doubt in mind why this guesthouse is getting an average of 4.5-5.
If given the chance of coming back to Seoul, i would definitely book in this guesthouse again and would love to recommend this to all my friends.

• Stayed January 2014
kyungminj, 매니저 at Zaza Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Good afternoon ^^ How are you ?
I am so relieved that you came back safely.

Thanks for great feedback for other guests who consider our place.
You already described strengths we have and attractions nearby. It's really appreciated.

Because we have been concerned about guests who can't find our place easily, we have sent the map of ours to them before they check-in. We will check once more whether they got map from us or not.
Also, guests can check our location through Google maps or our website, zazabackpackers.com.

Thanks for everything again, looking forward to meeting you next time you visit here.
Take care !

James, be half of all Zaza.

Been to Zaza Backpackers Hostel? Share your experiences!