“Heavenly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul

Save Saved
You added Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San 5-5 Jangchung-Dong 2-Ga, Jung-Gu, Seoul 100-857, South Korea   |
Ranked #25 of 390 hotels in Seoul
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We were 4 girls that stay a truly a relaxing weekend. The room was huge with an amazing view! It is located a bit off, so it is difficult to get there without a taxi, however, it was worth it for the view that stretched over the north and the south part of Seoul and the autumn colored leaf of the Namsan mountain was just great.
When we booked, we were not allowed to book for more than 3 people, but the rooms would fit 10 people!
We had to wait for our breakfast for about 10 min and we didn't get the menu before we asked for it, but other then that it service was excellent!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Everything of Banyan Tree Hotel is impeccably.

There is only a few thing.
First, when I was sleeping at night, disturbed my sleep a little bit as emergency light(lamp) was too glaring.
Second, I hope padding pool of Oasis offered various servious such as swimming rides.

We had enjoyed and stayed in a Banyan Tree Hotel for 2days.

Thanks
Best Regards

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Our package is 5 nights stay which include daily breakfast, complimentary 90 mins massage & Korean dinner at club house. The hotel has upgraded us from premier room to deluxe suite.
The suite is indeed spacious; it has a huge living room, relaxation pool, steam room, pantry, bedroom, closet, washroom & shower, free Wi-Fi & internet. The living room & bedroom windows face the fabulous N Seoul Tower.
In order to use the relaxation pool inside the suite, we need to ask the staff to come & fix the temperature in advance (because pool temperature only last for few hours after fixing). This is not so convenience but fortunately staff attends to our needs promptly.
Reception staffs are friendly & helpful but housekeeping service is average. There are couple nights that cleaning lady forgot to place bathrobes & fill up amenities. Also, the suite doesn’t have enough electricity outlets.
The restaurant for breakfast has reasonable food choice; it’s thoughtful to offer few Korean hot entrées. I mostly like the abalone porridge (those who dislike sesame are not recommended).
The complimentary Korean dinner offers 2 selections (Bimbimba & BBQ beef), both are nice. One most unforgettable side dish (one of the few top up dishes) is the fried garlic with honey; it’s awesome. At the end the attentive Chief (Charles) has thrown us a surprise by offering a tasty chocolate cake with fresh vanilla ice-cream as dessert.
The club house, massage & pool are not located at hotel building. The complimentary massage is excellent; the lady (Judy) who performed my massage is marvelous.
One drawback is the hotel location. Most cab drivers don’t know the hotel; we often need to show the hotel card (helpful to indicate landmarks nearby).
Overall, it’s a pleasant & relax stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Brooklyn, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Banyan Tree Seoul is more like a luxury YMCA for Korean families. There were kids everywhere; in outdoor and indoor pools, lobbies, breakfast area, elevators and parking. I didn't get a relaxing day at the hotel as I hoped... We were stressed out by screaming kids, babies and parents. I would not recommend the hotel for anybody. Park Hyatt is much better in service, facility, location and price.

Edge of desk was worn out. Velvet chairs were dirty and stained with food. Dressing area was too small and crowed.

Staffs were well trained. They were very helpful. Mountain view was beautiful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear Parkslope2006

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul.

Please accept my unreserved apologies for the disappointment you have experienced during your stay, with the assurance that we continuously strive to improve our service & product based on feedback such as yours.

It is indeed disheartening to know our service and product were not up to your expectations especially on the furniture condition. These have been raised to our Housekeeping Manager to look into ways of preventing such incidents from occurring again.

Your comment regarding the disturbance by the families with kids has been noted and the hotel will look into the matter to avoid it from future occurrence.

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I certainly do hope that despite these, you had a relaxing stay at our hotel.

We also hope to have the honor of welcoming you to Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable Banyan Tree experience.

Kind Regards,

Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

First the good points:
- spacious room, generally very well and luxiourously equipped
- lovely silence as only two or four rooms per floor
- great view, especially looking west over Namsan Forest
- breakfast was great - good choice, good service
- I appreciated the medium and large size bathrobes (lots of hotels have two robes the same size)
- I only used the indoor pool (not the outdoor pool), and I think it was salt-water based not chlorine, which I appreciated.

Room for improvement:
-reservation was laborious. I sent an e-mail on a Thursday and having had no reply by Monday had to call them. This led to having to spell my name and e-mail address over the phone; the next day I received a call saying that I must have spelt my e-mail address wrong (sic!) as they realised I had not received the e-mail. Unfortunately this had not led to my name being corrected when I checked in.
- when we arrived I wondered if we were at the right place. There was no bell-boy or sign to say which building was the hotel. We found ourselves hauling our luggage out of the taxi in the pouring rain... a very inauspicious start.
- security: despite in-house directory information to the contrary there was no dead-bolt or safety bar for the room door - theoretically any staff member could have walked in at any time.

The niggles:
- ledge of plunge pool was dirty with ring marks
- couldn't find a full length mirror in the room
- couldn't find cotton wool or Q tips in the room
- all taxis have to be called for
- when going to the hotel for the first time taxi drivers don't know it (could be helped by having printable Korean directions on English version of hotel website)
- to get to the sports centre from the hotel you have to walk outside across the car park
- in the room there is a large selection of tea (imported from the US) but no Korean or black tea.
- part of "English" in-house directory on screen in room was in Korean

Following on from other reviews, sauna and plunge pool use was explained to us, although IMO it's not very good to have to call hotel staff every time you want to change the pool temperature. For a taxi card you just need to ask staff of course.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear champac

Please allow me to extend my most sincere apologies for the upset and inconvenience experiences you have encountered during your stay with us.

There are no excuses to justify these incidents, especially no one greeting at hotel main door upon arrival. I assure you that these were addressed immediately with Front Desk & Housekeeping team to avoid it from future occurrence.

We take great pride and care in the level of service and attention to details that we provide to our guests and we apologize for the lapse of service you have encountered.

Thank you for your valuable feedback as it is feedback such as yours that we continuously strive to improve on our service and product.

We do hope to have an opportunity to restore your trust in Banyan Tree and welcome you back in the near future.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in a premier room with a view of Mt Namsan and the Seoul N tower. The room is very spacious, with a private 3x3m relaxation pool that you can adjust the temperature to your liking. There is also a sauna in the shower, very convenient and relaxing.

We were given the usual lemongrass drink upon arrival, and was surprised with a bottle of bubbly champagne! Every evening, the room is turned down with nice chocolates and a small gift from the gallery.

The hotel is located quite close to major shopping areas like Myeong Dong and Dongdaemun. The front desk staff wld help us call a cab and tell the driver where to drop us.

Breakfast at Granum is good; decent spread and excellent Korean selection like abalone porridge, beef rib soup etc.

All in all, I love this hotel. It's been a great stay and I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I came on a business trip and the room was very nice (I think they are all suites) - especially the relax pool in the room - its like your own mini-swimming pool. What was not great was the service - it was not what I expected from a Banyan Resort - or even an Asian hotel room. One example is that the room was not serviced one day between 08:00 AM (when I left the room) and 14:00 when I returned. Another day - I returned at 13:30 and the room was being serviced - even though they had all day to service the room and I had turned on the "service my room" sign. One thing that was sort of funny - but shows how they are inflexible about thinking outside the box - is I ordered room service - the Korean Beef dish. They brought it and I asked for some bread. The waiter said he would check with the kitchen. 20 minutes later (glad I did not wait for the bread to start eating) - I got a call from someone saying bread does not come with the Bulgogi and so I couldn't have any!
Some good points - the room, the bed - the shower, the free internet was good and fast. But I might return to the Westin on my next trip to Seoul. The location of the Westin in town is a bit better although this Hotel is closer to the bar/restaurant area - Itawon.

And - the wine bar had not yet opened - even though Banyan has been operating for more than six months. I found the room service menu to be quite limited. The breakfasts, however, were quite good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear RT1971

Please allow me to extend my most sincere apology for the upset and inconvenience during your stay. We thank you for your valuable time in sharing the feedback on your view of our service delivery.

There is no excuse for such shortfall in service. It was addressed immediately to the team members concerned. I have communicated to Housekeeping Manager and Food & Beverage Manager to retrain staffs on attention to details and also to be more proactive on guest requests. These are preventive measure to avoid future occurrences.

We take great pride in the level of service and attention to detail that we provide to our guests and we have always strive to provide a consistent high level of service at all times. We apologize for failing the basic services and not able to meet your expectation.

Once again; I thank you for sharing your feedback as it is feedback like yours that we continuously strive to improve on our services and products.

We hope to have opportunity to restore your trust in the near future.

Alfonso Romero

Been to Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul? Share your experiences!