“Waste of money take a taxi!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 53 Tours & Activities in Seoul
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Waste of money take a taxi!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have travelled on many hop on hop off tours around the world and this was the worst. English audio recording told you very little about what you were seeing, driver sped by key sights. We thought maybe it was only this bus where the driver was busy flirting with the two young guides. When we got on another bus it was even worse. Only half of the audio sets were working so my wife and I sat in different rows. The bus stopped and waited for half an hour for the next bus to catch up and they loaded all the passengers from that bus onto ours. No good reason given. Bus now full with standing passengers from front to back. I thought I was on a New York City bus during rush hour.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
11 attraction reviews
“Good value but a bit flat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took this bus on Sunday June 23. It was a nice price and not a bad way to see the city. However it felt slightly flat and our tour guide lacked some energy. But it is a cheap way to see the city and all the major attractions.

Visited June 2013
Las Vegas NV
44 attraction reviews
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I hadn't planned on using the Seoul City Tour Bus. Thanks to the Internet, I knew what sights I wanted to see, a good idea of how to get to them, and the subway is so cheap. But after my girlfriend's family recommended it to us, I acquiesced and we spent a Tuesday on the loop. At 10,000 KRW, it's an inexpensive way to circle the main landmarks of Seoul.

Our first stop was Deoksugung Palace, which is literally down the road from the starting point. We then visited Namdaemun market, dropped by the USO office to pay for our DMZ tour for the following week, spent an hour or so at the War Memorial, and then spent some time at the top of Namsan to install our "lock of love."

We also planned to hit up Changgyeonggung Palace, but we didn't make it before closing time. That was a lack of time management on our part, but it was still a fruitful day seeing the sights of Seoul.

Note that although the bus stops are convenient for each landmark, you still have to wait for another bus to arrive when you're ready to continue the loop. The buses are supposed to be 30 minutes apart, but in some cases (due to traffic or whatever), they might only be a few minutes apart. It's not really something you can plan for, so just forget about time intervals and return to the bus stop whenever you're ready to continue.

Visited May 2013
Orange, Australia
17 attraction reviews
“Great value to explore Seoul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

To get a perspective of Seoul find a bus stop for this tour bus and jump on. For around $AUD10 you get to see all the key sights of this spread out city. I agree it is a must for first timers, and I would use it again to get from point to point it is so cheap. The only downside was the way they tried to rush us off and on the bus at the changeover. My 72 yo mother got tangled in the headset that explains each stop and they pushed her around to hurry her up. She was not impressed.

Visited May 2013
Suva
92 attraction reviews
“Must for first timers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We traveled on the third Sunday of April, it was enjoyable and covered lot of Seoul. I liked the bus arrangement but the frequency is little poor. One girl (lady) who came in the evening was very good in her compering but others were not bothered to announce in English you have to depend on the recordings. Considering the area covered and the price (Just little less than USD 10) it is worth. The service providers may consider to give more details of the attractions. As I said for the first timers this is a MUST.

Visited April 2013