“Felt very at home :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JIN Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seoul
JIN Guest House
You added JIN Guest House to your Saves list
80-1 Pildong 2-ga Jung-gu, Seoul 100-272, South Korea   |
Ranked #233 of 496 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Singapore
“Felt very at home :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

The place, at first is not very easily located, but after asking a nice local, my friend and I managed to find our way to the guesthouse. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, as mentioned the train station is a 2 minute walk away.

My friend and I booked a twin room, but got a free upgrade to the family room (4 beds/2 rooms). Since the room I was staying at was located at ground level (there are other rooms on the 2nd level), you can hear people entering/leaving the house. Not exactly the best if you're a light sleeper, but it wasn't much of an issue for me. The floor is heated...really good if the weather is cold.

They provide toast, eggs, jam and instant coffee for morning breakfast in a nice cosy living room shared with others. The toilets/shower rooms are very clean. And the owner of the place is really, really polite and speaks good-enough English.

Also, about 5~7 minutes away you can find the Airport Limousine outside Chungmuro train station, which brings you to Incheon International Airport (approx 1 hour away).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank rachellow

Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

i stayed there for two weeks with my friends. the location of the place was nice, easy access to the subway station and it was in the center so it only took 10-15 min. to travel around. when we arrived it was nice, they treated us well. but after a few days or so the mom just started to annoyed me. when we left the place, they would go to our room where were staying at...and who knows what the heck they could of done. the place was always cold, so i always had my blanket with me. the guy didn't even speak or understand english. so whenever we talked to him we had to use hand gestures. he wasn't even there when we arrived, and we had to deal with the mom who didn't understand english either. we ended up paying the next day and we paid an addition 30 usd to what he said in the email. they had extra blankets in our room, but they wouldn't let us use it. we ended staying there for the 2 weeks, because we couldn't find any places that were open because it was during the holidays. so we ended up spending our whole days out and only came back to sleep and take our showers there. we had some friends who were visiting us and they basically kicked them out of the place. it was rude of them, because other guest that stayed there brought guest there and they didn't say anything to them.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank h3ro_me
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I had to be in Seoul for academic purpose and decided to stay a couple days more in the city. So we moved from a university dorm to this guesthouse. The location is good, though you have to walk into a small alley from subway and its a bit scary in the night. But thats about it, other things were fantastic. I stayed in a family room with four other companions of the trip, the room was clean and so was other facilities. The owner is friendly, speak really good understandable English and can give you directions to attractions in Seoul. There are computors for guest to use, also free wi-fi access. The subway is not far from the place, takes like 2 mins walk to Chungmuro station and assumably 10 mins walk to Myeongdong the famous shopping area(i didnt go there on foot, though). Near the subway station there is a bus stop for Airport shuttle that would cost you around 10000-14000 KRW within 45 mins to Incheon or Gimpo airport. Overall i love this place and consider going back again if i am in town.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Blueberrydee
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Nice and clean, but cold.My friends and I stayed for 14 nights/days and it was cold in our room, especially at night. And the hosts didn't treat my friends and I well. The owner's mother is always giving us this look like she doesn't like us and is always watching our every move when she is in the living area with us. And they would come into our rooms when we are out which I don't like unless they are coming in to clean our room, which wasn't the case except one time. I didn't like the fact that they touched my stuff. One time we were sleeping and the guy (owner) came in with his keys and my friend was up so he got spooked, how wrong is this.Overall I would recommend this place if it's the only place you can find for your budget of cheap places to stay, and the fact that the subway is nearby.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We came This guest house introduced by our friends and guess what,its not bad.for 54k won pernight (per room) its a very comfortable and clean.Really near the subway too (just 3 min walking)The owner can speak good english and very helpful too.they provide you with wifi (so that you can do search on your journey).At the computer place is a living room,where you can meet other members of the house and get to know them (if they are friendly enough)As this place is getting popular,i suggest you prebook it first.i Think the only thing that i least like about this place because the wall is very thin,u can hear clearly whats the member of the next room talk about.but thats all i guess..otherwise its a good place.I will stay here if i come to korea again.ps;-u can see seoul tower from this place too :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple