“the MOST amazing hostel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Backpackers Inside

You added Backpackers Inside to your Saves list
Backpackers Inside
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   2F 112 Myeongryun 2-ga, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-532, South Korea   |
Ranked #37 of 338 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
4.5 of 5 stars 117 Reviews
Mexico City, Mexico
“the MOST amazing hostel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I will never finish saying how happy I was when I stayed there, a lot of the best moments I had in Seoul were during my stay in this place and with the friends that I made there, without problems I can say that I felt like home!! I still talk to the people I met there an would lve to go back again!! It was amazing how nice the staff was and helpful!! Everything was super clean and I witnessed how they cleaned often, we always had hot water and no curfew!! we were able to borrow umbrellas too! Clearly it has been the best place where I stayed in korea, now I consider the staff my friends and for the time I stayed I consider them my second family as well, I totally recommend this hostel to people who want to stay in a cozy place, cheap, clean and with an excellent service ;)

Room Tip: single rooms are cozy but the dorms are amazingly confortable too and the prize is way much better!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Incheon, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

really! i love this dorm so much.. just like my second home in Korea
thanks for super friendlly staffs.. even i just talk so rarely.. but they are so nice!
Minyoung, Mia, Roy and Brit! hwaiting for you guys!
i really enjoyed stay in InSide!

i will come again.. wait for me! hahahah

Room Tip: Female Dorm! new freind everyday! enjoy SEOUL!
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The things that I found really positive about this hostel were that the owner ran it (so obviously the service is better), free laundry and cheap dryer, you're able to print for cheap ( can be a huge hassle when not available I've found), friendly and warm atmosphere, couch and tv area, free breakfast (toast, jam, eggs, coffee), good location, helpful and caring staff, cheap, and cozy/ feels like home type of hostel. The things that I didn't like were that it is a very small hostel. I prefer to stay in hostels that hold 50 plus people. Also you need to go downstairs and outside to smoke. It's not far, but it'd be better if there were a balcony.

Room Tip: Know that the private rooms are extremely small. I prefer to stay in the dorm.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is perhaps the best place I've been for encouraging connections with other travelers. Having access to a free breakfast every morning really forces everyone to interact with each other. The staff also worked to promote a festive environment, and were also helpful with everything from recommendations to setting up tours and even helping me mail a package back to my home country. Some areas could have been cleaner, but overall, this is a great place to stay. -BP

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building rather than one of the annexes down the street.
Mandaluyong, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Staying here is quite representative of my short Seoul vacation. There are some good parts, a few great ones, sometimes bad, and the unavoidable terrible ones. Read on.

PROS:
- Price. Quite cheap single room as compare to all the other hostels I've surveyed.
- Location. Although a few blocks from the subway, it's still pretty good because there are loads of shopping and eating places around. Also, the limousine bus to/from the airport is pretty accessible (easier to use than doing multiple transfers on Seoul Metro)
- Staff. It's a family owned hostel so expect a wholesome and friendly environment. I got sick on my third day (my own fault) and when I asked where the drugstore could be, they didn't hesitate to give me some free medications.
- Service. The information email being sent after booking confirmation is quite useful and handy. Also they have quite a lot more handouts given once you've checked in like which eateries around Hyehwa would be recommended, etc
- Facilities. There's a fridge, couches, tv, computers, wifi, washing machine. All good!

CONS:
- Room. I've seen pictures of the room and I knew that the small single room is what I'm booking. Anyway, I've found it a bit small but I guess just right if you just plan to sleep on it. There's just a bit of space for your luggage, there are some hangers which are a bonus. Good thing it was cold so I didn't really need to use the fan (it was not a/c). The walls are so thin everytime I move on the bed I'm thinking I might have been heard on the adjacent rooms.
- Bed. It's a bit creaky and had some bumps. If you're really really tired, you won't notice.

TIP: Take the 6100 bus to/from the airport instead of the subway when transferring. Unless you want to cry on Seoul station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Makati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed in Inside Backpackers in June 2011. And I like the area where is it located, many affordable restaurants since it is near a university and it is 10 minute walk from the nearest train station Hyehwa and about 7 minutes from the airport bus stop. It is also near Daehakro, a nice place to hang out to watch street performances. Too bad, we found out too late. We stayed in a building separate from the main hostel. I did not mind that since it felt like we were staying in a community. The staff were also helpful and friendly. The hostel’s facilities are just average, I have seen hostels at lower rates, that have better amenities. Overall, I’d recommend the hostel for its location and good value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice, in spring 2011 and summer 2012, in the rooms with attached bathrooms. The heater is warm enough for during April in spring. Towels and hairdryers are provided and there's even a small kitchen if you want to cook. The only issue we had was with the shower that couldn't get hot water but that was quickly resolved by Britt. Even the shared bathrooms are clean and well-maintained. Great location, with cheap eateries and cafes nearby. A short walk to the palace and Hyehwa Station. It's almost like staying in Myeongdong, with the cosmetic shops and cat cafe, minus the constant influx of tourists. The airport shuttle bus stop is also just along the main road. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Seoul!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Backpackers Inside? Share your experiences!