“EXCELLENT HOTEL - if only every hotel stay was like this one!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square

You added Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15, Yeongjung-Ro, Yeongdeungpo-Gu, Seoul 150-798, South Korea   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Internet + Parking
Ranked #15 of 399 Hotels in Seoul
4.5 of 5 stars 433 Reviews
New York City, New York
“EXCELLENT HOTEL - if only every hotel stay was like this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I cannot stop talking about how great this hotel is. From the check in, the concierge, the room, the executive lounge and every interaction with staff in this hotel - you are treated like a VIP and as if you were staying at the Ritz. The hotel and rooms are very modern and comfortable, with the rooms being a decent size. Very clean rooms. We had a small issue with the a/c when we first arrived, but an engineer arrived promptly, and our room cooled down in no time. They even offered us an electric fan to use during our stay if we preferred it cooler in the room. It was not needed though.

Everyone speaks very good English, and the concierge and doorman were very helpful with directions and information. We also had free wifi in our room with a very strong signal, as well as in the executive lounge (and never bothered with a daily password - once you were on the internet - you were on w/o daily log-in required).

As a platinum member, I was offered a wonderful cheese and fruit platter with a bottle of wine as my welcome gift. This was by far the best welcome gift I've received from a hotel rewards program upon check-in (as I'm a platinum at Starwood, and I've been offered only a chocolate bar by SPG properties upon check in).

I was also given access to the executive lounge as a Platinum member which was again, excellent. Excellent assortment for breakfast and for evening appetizers, with a hot and cold selection for both as well as a nice complimentary bar offering in the evening that included liquor and wine. It was "help yourself", but Kayla worked the lounge in the evenings, and she was always serving us and making sure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves in the lounge. Kayla was wonderful, and helped make our stay that more enjoyable. We truly felt welcomed and appreciated at this hotel.

Finally, the hotel is located close to the subway - a short two block walk. We used the subway during rush hour just one or two times to cover long distances quickly but taxis are so cheap in Seoul, this should not even be a deciding factor for your stay at this hotel.

I hope to return to Seoul in the future, and if i do, I will definitely look forward to another stay at the Courtyard Marriott. I just wish other hotels (Starwood) could be as good.

I also want to just mention one last thing about this hotel that I thought was exceptional. I stayed for two nights on my reservation (using free night certs), and on the 3rd night, my friend used her free night cert. Although I was a platinum, and my friend was not, the hotel gave me my platinum benefits for the 3rd night (lounge access) even though the 3rd night was under my friend's reservation. Now that is what i call GREAT service. 3 nights earlier, Osaka Westin made us check out of my upgraded room to a standard room for our last two nights of a 5 night stay when we used my friends points for the last two nights, and they denied me access to the exec lounge because the reservation was no longer under a "platinum member". I plan to give my business to Marriott going forward and am finally done with Starwood and their lack of customer service towards Platinum members.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The service quality and ambience of the hotel is excellent. It was my first trip to Korea and I really enjoyed my time there, including my stay at Marriott. On the first night, the aircon in my room was not really working to well and I felt kinda warm but after speaking to the staff, they kindly brought a fan for us and helped us to service our AC the next day. In fact, they left a tray of drinks, fruits and cheese the next day as a form of apology. The staff were also really helpful as we were trying to get around by taxi and the staff would always help us to write down our destination in Korean so the taxi drivers could understand. My only compliant would be the location of the hotel. It is quite a distance from the main attractions such as Dongdaemun and Myeongdong.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've nothing but good to say about this hotel. Everything simply works, friendly staff, good breakfast (expensive though) and good location concerning my business. The hotel is practically in the Times Square shopping center and plenty of local restaurants in the neighborhood. Free internet access to Marriott Rewards members.

KL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I moved here after my business trip stay at Ritz. This is no doubt a good hotel and new.
1. Location - Satisfactory with times square next to it. Walking to subway is ok and definitely cheaper than taking taxi from here to anywhere
2. Check-in - not a good experience as the hotel was very full and they given me a room facing the lift. Staff should be more professional to offer for a room change later rather than having me to come down again request for a room change. This can be improved if staff can be more sensitive and smile more!
3. Breakfast - quality so so
4. Internet - free Internet which is the best
5. Housekeeping - I think the housekeeping is ver polite and with my wife having so many cosmetics on the desk, they did a fantastic job!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights. As the title suggested, good place to stay for business. Marriott standard with affordable price, if you consider other branded hotels in Seoul. The hotel is lcoated on top of a shopping mall hence no porblems when comes to meal. But the hotel does not have 24 hour room service. I checked in at about mid-night and was feeling hungry. In the end, just went down to the convenience shop to grab some instant noddles.

But overall, nice and pleasant business stay.

Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my first time staying at the Courtyard in Seoul. On past business trips, I have stayed at the Renaissance and J. W. Marriott. I made my reservations at the last minute, and the Renaissance and J. W. Marriott were quite expensive. The Courtyard was a much more affordable option, and I was very happy with the choice of this hotel.

Getting to the hotel from Incheon International Airport is quite simple and convenient. Bus 6008 makes the trip in about 70 minutes. The final stop is the Yeongdeungpo Station. The bus stops in front of the Times Square Mall, and signs point to the entrance to the Courtyard. Yeongdeungpo Station is also a Seoul Metro station that gives access to the rest of the city. Navigating the Seoul Metro is not difficult even for those who do not speak Korean.

As for the hotel itself, it has spacious room with a work station. The bed is comfortable, and the bathroom amenities were what I would expect from a business type hotel. Unlike Courtyard hotels in the US, this hotel had an executive lounge similar to higher end hotels. The fitness center has treadmills, a few free weights, and a few weight machines.

The breakfast buffet at the MoMo Cafe on the lobby level is fantastic. They have a mix of Korean and Western dishes with eggs to order, fresh fruit, fresh baked breads and croissants, kimchi, rice, etc. The restaurant was packed at 7:30 AM on a Saturday, which is a testament to its popularity. The staff in the hotel is excellent.

Being located in a shopping mall, it was easy to walk through the mall looking at stores and people. The mall has several restaurants ranging from fast food to family dining. It is mall food, but it is nice to get outside the hotel. For those of us who do not speak Korean, it can be a little intimidating trying to communicate. The mall can provide a way to get out of the hotel for a meal without feeling too uncomfortable about our lack of language skills.

I was impressed with this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

On a recent trip to Seoul this hotel was chosen for me. First of all, purge your mind of the standard American CbM. The Seoul location is a high building with many amenities found in typical business and tourist hotels. There is an excellent bar and restaurant as well as an outstanding staff to help you.
The professionalism of the staff must be recognized since they are dealing with a myriad of clients with a variety of questions. The hotel is also connected to a large mall for walking and window shopping, a piece of Americana in Korea.
My only issues were the neighborhood, a little seedy at night, perhaps that goes with "Times Square" and of course the Seoul traffic, it can be brutal as you may know but if you are patient it is tolerable. If you are brave there is a subway station around the corner.
All in all, the rooms are clean and comfortable, everything you need is there, a solid choice in Seoul for business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square? Share your experiences!