“Enjoyed my stay in this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 414 Hotels in Seoul
Hong Kong
“Enjoyed my stay in this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love this hotel primarily for its great location. While it may be a bit far from major shopping areas like myeongdong, it is located just above the subway station which we used a lot during our stay. The hotel also has a free shuttle service to bring you downtown. The hotel has a supermarket (Lotte super) and a good selection of restaurants and coffee shops in the basement. Another plus is the front desk staff which are very polite and helpful, most especially Ms. Monica Han. The room may be a bit small (as expected) but very comfortable. The bathroom is also clean except for the rubber mat (shower) which i decided not to use because i saw mildew in it. On our 2nd night of stay, I also discovered that the mugs we used the night before were not washed but simply put back in its place. This is forgivable as I understand that it may just be an oversight and happened only once anyway. I will definitely go back and stay in this hotel again (hopefully this april) and will recommend this to my friends who will be travelling to seoul. I just hope that they could assign me a room with a better view (full street view) on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Greetings to you!

Thank you for stay with us.
First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
And I apologize that the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us,
and we will do our best to ensure that you will never again experience such inconvenience, by conducting more thorough employee training and management.
I ask for your kind understanding and continued patronage.
I'll give you our E-mail, and let us know your information for next stay.

I appreciate you for your advice and understanding.

Best regards.

James,Suh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay. The rooms weren't huge... but it was expected. There was wifi, and also a ethernet cable, as well as a 115v plug available in the room. We only stayed one night due to a layover, but the KAL bus took us right infront of the hotel, and the subway was conveniently located downstairs in the building. The buffet restaurant naru (?) was excellent but quite pricey. No complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Warm greetings from LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.

Thank you for your valuable review posted on Tripadvisor which is most appreciated.
Also we are pleased that you have a pleasure stay with us!
If you have a plan for traveling Seoul not layover, let us serve you again!

Thank you for sparing your precious time for us.

Have a great day.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in late October 2012. Lotte City Hotel Mapo is a quiet understated higher end business hotel located in the Mapo-dong area of Seoul. Our room was modern and elegant, spacious, very clean and quiet and had a view of the main intersection and surrounding buildings.
Pros:
The beds are comfortable and linens very nice.
The bathroom was large and had a separate shower and tub. The rain shower head is a very nice touch.
The pool and gym area are very nice amenities and so is the self-service laundry. It makes it easier to pack less if there is a laundry facility.
There is also free internet which was great to have.
The staff is very courteous and professional.
The hotel is very convenient, the airport limousine bus from Incheon drops you off in front of the hotel. Other reviewers say it's far away from things though in my opinion not really. It is located with 2 subway lines connected underground so getting to the major attractions in Seoul in 20 minutes or less. There are also shops, restaurants and a Lotte Market downstairs that you can pick up coffee, pastries, drinks, dinner, if needed.
Cons:
Not really any.
If you want a reasonably priced higher end stylish business hotel in downtown Seoul then this hotel is an excellent option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greetings to you!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback posted on TripAdvisor.
We are pleased that you have a pleasure stay with us!
Also, your review will absolutely be helpful to other travelers.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to LOTTE City Hotel Mapo in the near future.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Hotel middle range with nice situation. But room too small, very simple, bad TV, bathroom without space and enough facilities. Kind service but little experiences and limited efficiency. Breakfast too limited.

• Stayed November 2012
Greetings to you!

Thank you for stay with us.
First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
I apologize that the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
We will do our best to upgrade our service quality and facilities.
I appreciate you for your advice again.

Best regards.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights Oct. 2012 as tourists from the Philippines. I picked this hotel mainly for its reasonable price, good reviews, nice looking rooms and connectivity between subways and buses. Satisfied my expectations pretty much, they allowed us early check-in, gave me the room type I preferred. The basement arcade with the supermarket and food shops were very advantageous. Didn't have problems communicating with the hotel staff in English. We took the regular airport bus (6015) going there then the KAL limo bus (6702) going to the airport, no hassles at all despite our heavy luggage, the bus stop was just across the hotel, no issues crossing the large intersection because of the pedestrian lanes. Overall quality was great, thanks to the Lotte brand. Thanks to TripAdvisor and it's contributors as well.

For the cons: these are relatively minor issues: Pillows were too soft, I had to fold one up so I can get the right cushioning for my head. Nothing much to see outside the hotel, didn't bother to roam around the area. It's a business hotel, so don't expect full service.

I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for alternatives from those rather expensive ones with smaller rooms around Seoul. I highly consider going back the next time around.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the glass decoration/divider, it's slightly bigger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
I appreciate for your valuable comments, and I'm happy to hear that you had a pleasure stay with us .
Also, I will defenitely discuss about increasing our pillow types with housekeeping team.
Once again, thank you for sparing your precious time for us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to LOTTE City Hotel Mapo soon!

Have a Great day!

New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very conveniently located hotel. The Lotteria superstore is in the basement, subway routes also run just under the hotel. Staff is friendly and helpful. The coin operated laundry on the 4th floor is a blessing, complete with washing machine and tumble dryer. You can just start the cycle , go back to your room and return when the time is over.

Paris baguette, coffee shops, Bono-Bono sea food restaurant( with the best fish and chips I ate) are just walking distance. Hana hotel at the ground floor gives good exchange rate. The sitting area in front of hotel on ground floor is nice and peaceful. Limousine buses to airport run from in front of the hotel To Incheon every 10 to 15 mins and charge about 10 to 15 dollar per head depending on type of bus. We came from Busan by train to Seoul station which is just 15 mins away. Also conveniently connected to shopping areas of Ittaewon, Myeongdong, Namdaemun etc. Hotel provides one way shuttle bus to most of these places and offers you good maps.

Being a strict no-egg vegetarian my only request to the Hotel is to add a little bit more variety for vegetarians in buffet breakfast in addition to only fried potatoes every day. Vegetarian fried rice or noodles would be good.

Room Tip: Choose the road facing rooms to sit and enjoy the view when you have time.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greetings to you!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback posted on TripAdvisor.
We are pleased that you have a pleasure stay with us!
Also,we have noted your comments regarding the vegetarian foods, I will discuss this with our restaurant to seek ways of further improvement.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The deluxe rooms in Lotte City Hotel are somehow small but very clean, modern, and high-tech. The bathroom is spacious and the bed is comfortable as well. I say the rooms are high-tech because you practically do everything with just a click of a button. Even the toilet bowl has a lot of button functions in it. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rate of the hotel was average for a 4-star hotel. There's free wi-fi at the lobby and you may connect to the Internet in your room if you have an LAN cable.

The hotel is conveniently located because the subway station is just beside the hotel. There are not many food shops around the area but there is a grocery on the ground floor. The airport bus is also just in front of the hotel and it usually arrives every 30 minutes.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing Lotte city hotel mapo.

First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed our modern style room and wi-fi.
(actually you can use wi-fi in your room as well)
It will be great if we can have more chance to serve you!
I'm sure that your valuable review will be helpful to other travllers.
Once again, I appreciate you for your wonderful comment.

James, Suh

Been to Lotte City Hotel Mapo? Share your experiences!