Surprisingly, Seoul doesn't have a great deal of mid range hotels. Those on offer are generally horrible business hotels (IBIS), love hotels (be careful, there are a lot masquerading as hotels on this site), or just downright average. There are some amazing top range hotels of course -- the Park Hyatt and the W being the obvious choices, and if you want to spend over $200/night there are also some good options to be had closer to the center of Seoul.
So why choose the Lotte City Mapo?
1. It is almost brand new, and has been furnished to a very high standard
2. The location is great -- equal distance between Hongdae, Gangnam, and Namdaemun (the three main areas of Seoul).
3. Convenience -- under the hotel is a supermarket, several food shops (including Paris Baguette, for all your western-style bakery delights), and TWO subway lines. The hotel is also the first stop when you take the airport limosine bus (and the stop is right outside)
4. 3 Computers with free internet in the lobby
Also, don't be concerned about the location like I was -- taxis in Seoul are VERY cheap, and are abundant. Even a 20 minute ride only costs $8 or so, and this location is the geographical center, closer to *everything* than if you took a hotel in Gangnam or Namdaemun.
Overall highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lotte City Hotel Mapo is a room-specific premium business hotel for both business customers and tourists at home and abroad. It has an advantage of using very convenient public transportations including an airport railroad and subway, and has an easy access to downtown Seoul and tourist attractions within the city. In particular, it is located with 10 minute``s drive by car away from the financing and business district Yeouido and the Seoul Station and very close to Seoul`s major universities like Yeonsei University, Seogang University, Ewha Woman's University and Hongik University. You can enjoy yourself with rest at leisure and successful business by virtue of our differentiated service and newest facilities as good as any five star hotels including business conference rooms, a fitness center and an indoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Lotte City Hotel Mapo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.