“Great budget hotel in heart of Seoul” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #186 of 396 Hotels in Seoul
Washington State
“Great budget hotel in heart of Seoul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This is a nicely kept, clean, basic property. Stayed 4 days in a Western style room. The staff is helpful and speaks English. It is in a great location, a few minutes walk to 3 subway stations (Namyeong line 1, Samgakji lines 4/6, Sookmeyung Women's University line 4). It is easy to get to places like Itaewon (2 stops) or Myeung-dong (3 stops). A great place to save money while enjoying and exploring Seoul.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montagnola, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is my number two go to budget hotel in Seoul. It has a good location so you can get around the city easily. It is reasonably priced so you can spend money on the sites, shopping, and food. It is no-frills, but it is a good budget hotel. If you want more go to a high end hotel. I always find I can sleep well here. I don't find the beds too hard.

Kaya Hotel is located near Rainbow Hotel. I like Rainbow a little more. Both are pretty much the same, good budget hotels.

Room Tip: If you are hungry there are two nice food options. Both are down the alley on the road where Namyeon...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 5D4N with my boyfriend and I.
Room,
- A bit small but ok for 2
- toilet was clean with a bathtub
- toiletries are provided except tooth brush
- heAter on the floor is good to keep us warm
Location
-3 min walk from Namyeong subway
- Namyeong is 1stop away to Seoul Station where u can change and head to myeongdong, dongdaemun, Hongik uni, Ewka women uni.
- major attractions are less than 30min away
- there a fried garlic chicken restaurant located near the station, exit Namyeong turn right and walk 100m you will see the restaurant, the chicken is yummy !
- nearby walking distance there's a lot eateries

Conclusion, nice hotel if your budget is Usd 60 plus minus.

• Stayed March 2012
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I picked this hotel for the special traditional Korean style Ondol room. I wondered how the heating floor works and feels. I agree with some friends of mine that such kind of room is actually too hot unless the windows are open. I kept the windows slightly open all the time, making the temperature just perfect. There was no bed but bedding on floor, like the Japanese futon. It's very comfy, not hard as I thought. After a whole day long walk, I like to put my legs between the floor and the bedding to relax and relieve the tension. For the 2 night stay, I could sleep very well through the night without break. There's no table in the room and I always had to move around near ground zero level, quite inconvenient and tired, but it's a special experience somehow.

Though the hotel and room are rather dated, that doesn't matter. It's clean, functional. I particularly like the vicinity which is quiet, safe, convenient, not touristy (I am afraid of staying in Dongdaemun or Myeong-dong which are too touristy and noisy).

About the staff, I think there's much room for improvement. At the front desk, the young man is nicer but speaks poor English. Communication is a problem. The older man speaks better English but is indifferent, poker face. He refused to connect a line for me to cancel my original booking at another hotel in Dongdaemun (I learnt that it's free of charge if calling intra Seoul for a few minutes). He asked me to use the charged telephone kiosk at the hotel entrance instead. He added that it should be me who do the cancellation as the booking was made by me, not him. Finally after he had seen me quite stupid in locating the tel kiosk and counting the coins, he was willing to use the hotel phone to call and pass it to me to talk for the cancellation (haha, I should more and better use my stupidity in the future).

But overall, as the price is too good (W53,000@), location good, great value for money, I still highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The airport bus stop about 5 blocks from the hotel on the same road. The two metro is four blocks from hotel. Next to USO office where you can sign up for the bus tour. Lot of cafes and cheap food $6-$10 meal. Very busy at night with the college kids hanging around but the area feel safe.The hotel is OK , no complain ,clean towel and room . It does look kind of old but clean. No Wifi but CAT-5 work.Staff speak english.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We booked this hotel during our first night in Seoul. from the Airport, we took the airport bus which stops us at a stop which is about 5-10 mins walk to the hotel. Hotel is easily spotted as it is located in front of the main road. Hotel surrounding location are packed with restaurants, shopping malls etc. Overall, the location couldn't be better. Subway stations are about 3-5 mins walk from the hotel.

Hotel wise: very clean, well maintained. Our rooms looked OK, clean. Bathroom are also ok and clean. Overall, we dont have any complains.

As the hotel is located centrally in seoul, it is definitely worth to put a night or two in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel more than 3 times during my visit to Seoul. I thought the location was almost perfect from were I wanted to go. It's not the newest hotel in town but, it's clean,quiet and the staff were so helpful, that to me is valuable when traveling! I appreciate all the times I didn't have reservations and I was still able to stay thanks!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Benikea Kaya Tourist Hotel? Share your experiences!