“Good for Tbilisi, average in comparison” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32 - 34 Makashvili Street, Tbilisi, Georgia   |
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Tbilisi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good for Tbilisi, average in comparison”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I liked the hotel. Bed was comfortable, food was ok. staff was friendly. A little bit off the center so expect to walk or take a taxi to get around. All in all a pleasant stay, would come back here again. Just in comparison with other hotels Betsy's is rather average than good but this is nothing to worry about. You'll get a clean room, bed, and bathroom and what does one need more when being away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Kabul, Afghanistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed for two nights at the end of February 2014. Check in was swift and pleasant. The lobby and hallways are decorated with Georgian artefacts and photos. Rugs adorn the floors.

We were directed along a corridor and up to our room. The double room was spacious, with a nice double bed, stunning balcony view and a good clean bathroom with shower. The toiletries provided were nice. There was no Tea and Coffee Making Facility (TCMF) in the room but, when we asked at the bar, they delivered a kettle and mugs very quickly.

The characterful bar is the highlight of this place. We found some interesting and well-matured spirits there, propped on the right hand side of the bar. After a couple of hours, it felt like we had been absorbed into another world: Betsy's World!

The bar menu was excellent, with the Chilli Mac a highlight. The burger was also good, I think.

Overall, a clean and friendly little place, well situated and with a splendid view.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Betsy's hotel is a complex of two buildings and they are planning to add a third. It is high up in the city with a beautiful view and a very relaxed atmosphere. The first night they forgot we asked for a room with a view which they promised. The next day we could move to a suite with a view. You can walk quite easily to the city but be careful in the dark because they have not much light at night in the streets of Vilnius.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed at Betsy's for four days. It was my first time in Tblisi, therefore I didn't know what to expect. I set my expectations pretty low not to get disappointed. I can honestly say that it's a clean hotel. For me this is one of the most crucial criterias. We stayed in a room at the top, where we had a small terrace. The bathroom's decoration was a bit different but fine. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The elevator was a bit noisy. We could hear it from our room, I guess the walls are a bit thin. The breakfast was ok, nothing so special. We didn't have any chance to have a drink at the bar, or to eat anything for lunch / dinner. We had a fine stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Yerevan, Yerevan, Armenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Good Hotel with a great location and service!
The view of the city from hotel is unforgettable. The breakfast is good.
After five minute a walk you will appear in the center of Tbilisi.
I will recommend this hotel to my friends. Will return here for sure .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Staying here this week and not having a good impression on this. The rooms are small. The walls are so thin I can hear people talking, screaming, including snoring in the night. The gym is very ancient with very old equipment. The food is also ok not very authentic georgian cuisine though. I've heard the history of this hotel and what it was only few years ago. No wonder I can see the sign of it. Will not come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kazakhstan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was on busniss to Tbilisi from my country of Kazakhstan and I stay at Bestys for three nights in August. I like very much the hotel and the bar too. I meet nice folks, but drink a little too much! I find good friend from UK who I will now do businiss with. I alos meet older nice blonde american lady who tell me very much about Georgia. I go back in Dec for more businis with my firend and I stay at Bestys too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Betsy's Hotel? Share your experiences!