“traditional Georgian food and ambiance” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“traditional Georgian food and ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

It's among the restaurants where I got to experience traditional Georgian food during my first work assignment in Tbilisi. A foreigner friend from Finland introduced me to this place. As a newcomer in 2010, I found this restaurant interesting as the ambiance and local band/dancers provided me an opportunity to experience Georgian cultural heritage.

It's one of the restaurants in Tbilisi where I go to this restaurant whenever I want to eat Georgian food.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Nantong, China
“Excellent food - Terrible service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went to the Old House based on other TripAdvisor recommendations and my hotel. When I walked in the hostess seemed a little aggrivated that I was there and then asked me if I wanted to sit inside or out - I said outside and she ushered me to a nice outdoor patio area but made me chose my seat and walked away. Another person brought me a menu without a word.
The wind picked up a little and a light drizzle started (but the outdoor area is under a canopy) so I stayed at my seat with a view of the river. But, apparently the staff decided to go inside. Occassionally a bus boy or someone would walk to another area of the outdoor section, but no one ever came over to me. I waited for 20 minutes - no one ever came to see if I was comfortable or most importantly if I had ordered! So I walked out - no one said a word to me.
My last day in Tblisi I decided to try it again. I went for lunch around 2:30pm. I walked in and there was no host or hostess - just some men sitting around the outdoor wood stove. I asked if they were open and they said yes. I asked if I should just sit anywhere and they didn't understand me. A manager (I think) happened to walk by and ask me what I wanted and I finally got a seat outdoors - the same spot as before. There were no patrons in the restaurant, so I had it to myself.
I got a menu and only waited about 10 minutes for someone to come and take my order and another 10-15 to get my food.
The food was excellent. I loved the view.
I would go back for the food, but they need to work on their service!

Visited August 2012
Izmir, Turkey
“Need Renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I don't like the "old" effect that much.They should combine the old&new with a good decoration.Our friends told that there was a terrible music at night.So they did not want to eat because of the musşc.

Visited August 2012
Sydney
“Classic Georgian fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Came here for dinner and sat outside. They had local band and dancing on which added to the ambience. The restaurant over looks the river and the food is what I'd say classic georgian.

New York City, New York
“Great Food and Local Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

If you want to get some traditional Georgian music and dancing, head to Old House. It doesn't matter what day of the week you go, it will be full of locals. There's at least one or two servers there usually who speak English, and if all else fails, just order the Khachapuri or the kebabs! It's a little more expensive than some of the other restaurants in town, but still extremely cheap by Western standards.

Visited April 2012