“Old Tbilisi, Picturesque Views, Helpful Staff - Ori Beli Hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Ori Beli Hostel
Dzmebi Zubalashvilebi 31, Tbilisi, Georgia   |
Ranked #3 of 155 Specialty Lodging in Tbilisi
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Old Tbilisi, Picturesque Views, Helpful Staff - Ori Beli Hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Okay, may I just say that the views from both the dorm room and the terrace are splendid. Yes, I said it, so there. This hostel is located in Old Tbilisi just a stones through away from Rustaveli Avenue (a sight to see in and of itself). Yes, you have to do a t-i-n-y hike to get to the hostel (the streets are a tiny bit steep) but it's WELL worth it (taking a break while getting to the hostel is breathtaking, literally and because of the view). The staff are fluent in Georgian (duh), Russian and English and are more than willing to help you book everything from a taxi to a pizza.

In case you are unsure of my recommendation - 5 stars, y'all :)

P.S. I stayed at this hostel with my 10-year-old daughter and the staff even played games with her, 'nuff said.

Room Tip: Dorm rooms sleep 9 - four sets of bunks and one single bed (located on the second floor) There are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Hostel Ori Beri. I lived there for a week. Very friendly and helpful staff who spoke Russian and English fluently. It is near to the city centre and metro station. Rooms are neat and the view is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2013
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spend there 4 beautiful nights with my wife and another couple. We booked 2 DBL`s. Perfect location (between 2 Metro stations Rustaveli and Freedom Square), nearby many restaurants and Bistro, Parliament, parallel to Main Tbilisi street Rustaveli Avenue but TOTALLY QUITE! 15 minutes walk to the old town and 20 minutes to Russian Bania (Sauna). Very clean, comfortable. Dormitory very cosy and nice - one 9 pax room. Kitchen well equipped. Baths clean and OK. But the most important is TEO and her colleagues/staff! They are very helpfull. Young team knowing, that the best reccomendation for ORI BELI are they themselves. Excellent experience. I wish myself to find wherever I am, such good organized hostels. Agnieszka & Jacek with Friends Poland

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Baghdad, Iraq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hostel has a great location, very close to the metro station. I staying at the dorm for 30 days!! (July 3 through Aug3) My original plan was to stay for 10 days, BUT, since i was very comfortable i stayed for 30 days!! I felt I was home. Dorm was clean and comfy. There is a well equipped kitchen, made pasta number of times, big fridge and nice balcony to chill with a pretty nice view. The main advantage is the stuff - very friendly, helpful and positive young people (Giga, Tina, Kristin, Lasha, Nina and Teo) I definitely recommend it to others and will book it for my next visit to Tbilisi.

In short, the hostel and the staff are the BEST.

Yazen

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Tbilisi, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

comfy , clean and nice place , Owners and staff are really friendly and helpful , Every time I go to Tibilisi I sure spend my stay there as i feel like home away from home . highly recommended for excellent stay experience,

Room Tip: Two private rooms beside the dormitory
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Before going to Georgia I spent some minutes searching the web looking for some hostels to spend some days, and there were so many that I just decided to walk the streets in Tbilisi and find a hostel as in the old times, not using the internet)). From the air port I took the first bus to the city and got off where I thought it was the centre. So I started walking and asking at some doors with the inscription "hostel" on them. After visiting at about 10 places, I found Ori beli, and the price and place seemed quite attractive. Everyone there spoke Russian and English, so, to start, communication was not a problem, as in many other places I had seen. I really felt as in my own home: there I could cook, have the key, wash my clothes (it may seem crazy, but in some hostels in Tbilisi you have to pay to use the washing machine). The old city is located 10-12 minutes walking from Ori beli, the metro station at about 7-9 minutes. I liked a lot that this place is always silent, not in the main street but 250 metres from it, which is perfect as you don't hear the constantly noisy crowded Rustaveli Avenue. The place is renovated in a really innovative style, it's cleaned everyday, twice a day, and everyone who works there ( by the way, great young people, with different professions: Journalism, Ecology...) is ready to help you with any info you may need about the country or anything in general...I really had a nice time there, so it's worth give it a try, you won't regret...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Good value for money. We had a really nice view from our room to the TV tower! Location good as well, everything easily reached by walk.The rooms are very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful, even when we had to check out in the middle of the night. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ori Beli Hostel? Share your experiences!