“Finally Georgia tbilisi” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 187 Tbilisi B&B and Inns
Beirut, Lebanon
“Finally Georgia tbilisi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My Wife and I went back in time we imagine that Georgia was beautiful but her charm is more then beauty ,we stayed at David Sultan good hotel very clean and well organized the staff was more then helpful and gallant.The location is very good , your in the center of Tbilisi .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
UAE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The location is very convenient since it is only a few minutes away from Freedom square, Rustavelli Ave, Funicular and other places of interest. There are also groceries, a pharmacy and restaurants nearby. The rooms are large, toiletries are available, the sheets are really nice and the bathroom is very clean. We arrived early in the morning and we are very much aware that check in time is at 1pm. We did wait for a a few hours since the hotel is completely booked. They did offer us coffee and bread and was assured that we will be given a room as soon as they have one available. By 1030 we were given our room and our bags were carried to our room. Breakfast is ok. All the receptionists and the bellmen are very nice. They will answer all your questions and will book for tours for you if you wish too. Wifi is also free. The hotel is located on the main road but really did not bother us.

Our tv stopped working on the 2nd day which we really didnt mind but reported it as well. I think that's the owner that was at the reception when we went down and he made sure that it was fixed. We were out the whole day and upon our return he was still there and even informed us that the tv is working now and if there is anything else we need to just inform them. By the way, tea is free anytime and the bellman will bring it to the room. That was a really nice touch specially after coming from a very cold walk outside.

It was a lovely trip and will definitely recommend it to friends who are keen in visiting Tbilisi. Nice hotel with very good service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The location of the hotel is pretty good, about a 10 minute walk to Rustaveli Ave. Nicely decorated room and excellent bathroom, both of which were very clean. All the staff were very friendly and our bags were carried up to our room which was a nice touch. The hotel seemed very organised, we arrived quite late but they were expecting us, and they booked a taxi to the airport for us at the end of our stay. Breakfast was not amazing, but definitely passable. Overall we would be very happy to stay again and recommend to friends! Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Baku, Azerbaijan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel for three days with my friends. Location is great. The hotel itself is welcoming, clean and comfortable. You can make an excellent walking tour from hotel to Old City, Rustaveli Ave, Shardeni street. Hotel has its own parking lot. Personnel is helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

A simple hotel that's culturally defined that offers very good value with the rate, of the facilities/room and exceptionally warm and great service. We've really appreciated the staffs, moreso an experience of true Georgian hospitality.

• Stayed October 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked this hotel with my two friends for a 4 days 3 nights stay last Eid Holidays. October 12-15. Our travel to Tbilisi was quite delayed so we arrived at the hotel at night. So after checking-in, my friend was very happy with our room, it was big and cozy, nothing they expected. They are really overwhelmed and in-fact giving me credits for the nice hotel. Freedom square was just walking distance, same thing with the metro station. Breakfast was just perfect.. only that it was served at 830am -11am.(Could have been more earlier) as we want to explore the city as early as possible. For me i would say the hotel was really perfect except for what happened on the 2nd night. They changed reception person daily I guess, So the woman in the reception during our 2nd day was quite off.. Firstly, I asked her to get us a taxi for the next day to Kazbegi for one way as we want to take masthruka on the way back... then she called a guy and said it was 150 Lari for one way. (it was very pricey as we know that return for a normal taxi trip would cost only 180). Anyhow, we book the taxi, but to our surprise, she started asking us to pay for our stay on the hotel!! so I was personally shocked. I started asking her why? Why would I pay for the whole stay for our hotel on the 2nd day of our stay? then what annoys me more is when she said I have to pay 200 Lari more than what we booked for our stay. There I really got angry and started raising my voice. Then I showed her my booking email, then she said OK to me. Until now I really cant understand why would that happen.. and asking us to pay before checking out? seriously? Well good thing that the next reception people are nice especially Guga. Other than that, It was really a good hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My normal choice when staying in Tbilisi was full. The David Sultan proved to be a pleasant surprise although comparison must be made using Tbilisi standards.

The room was large and clean with a veranda and an excellent shower (no bath) in the bath room. The veranda is a place to sit wit a beer from the inroom fridge but you can't really see anything from the veranda due to the high walls and aircon extractors around its edge.

Of special note are the very helpful staff. On arrival the fridge's freezer was useless, normally an irrelevance but this time I wanted to freeze ice packs to treat a lingering back injury. Staff changed the fridge immediately we asked and I had freezing ice packs for the whole stay - wonderful. After 36 hours my wife was ill and staff lent us the kitchen's kettle to make hot honey & mint teas in the room and offered to get medicines from the pharmacy (a 24hr pharmacy is close by, I went, their English was passable!)

The hotel is 10 mins walk from Freedom (Liberty Sq), 20mins or so from the river and less than 5mins to a street full of restaurants. A Taxi from the river was 5 lari (normally 3 or 4 for the locals but our driver took my 5 and headed off).

We had a top floor (3rd floor) room, lower rooms are without veranda and so even bigger. The road outside is one-way and traffic noise is noticeable if you listen for it but fades away fairly early evening. Breakfast is 'typical Tbilisi' cold meats, hot frankfurter, boiled eggs etc

I would use the David Sultan again despite my previous hotel (the City) being more centrally in the old town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to David Sultan Hotel? Share your experiences!