“Darchee is the best hostel in Tbilisi” 5 of 5 stars

Darchee Hostel
9 Zandukeli Street, Tbilisi 0108, Georgia   |
Ranked #17 of 193 Specialty Lodging in Tbilisi
Baku, Azerbaijan
“Darchee is the best hostel in Tbilisi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is amazing! The people, the atmosphere made me feel like I am home with my friends! The location of the hostel makes it comfortable to get wherever you want. There is a metro station nearby and it takes only 5 minutes to get to the centre walking. The staff of the hostel impressed me most of all. They always try to help, and being very hospitable. I would recommend it to everyone who wants to stay in Tbilisi!:)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Havana, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stay some nights in Darchee Hostel, and everything was wonderful, the room was very nice and clean, and the location is perfect, just few steps from the center. The owners, young and nice people, are just the perfect hosts. I have had some great time talking and laughing with them. I also learn a lot about Georgian lifestyle, history, culture and places to visit. I would recommend to anyone visiting Tbilisi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Baku, Baki, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is comfortable place with friendly personal and close to centre that makes comfortable walking around and getting back at hostel anytime I want. Hostel has 2 balconies, so that we can drink tea/ coffee there or play cards, smokers can smoke at he balcony. The kitchen is comfortable. Personal is so kind and friendly, you can talk, drink, have a lunch with them.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed for just one night there. The hostel is located close to the heart of the city which is a great advantage. The facilities are the ones that a simple hostel offers, but what makes it worth staying there are cleanliness, order, hospitality of the owners and the little balcony! You should sit there and drink sth especially at night. so if you have a small budget or save money, you can stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in Darchee hostel at the beginning of August. As soon as we arrived we got impressed since it was so peaceful, clean and warm place!

Position:
Very good! The hostel is near Roustaveli metro station (3 mins walking), near supermarkets open 24/7, restaurants and exchange desks.
It's very peaceful since the street where it's located it's not crowded/ congested

Hostel rooms/facilities:
we stayed in the for bed dorms upstairs. The bedroom was very big so it was possible to store backpacks and other baggage without creating obstructions. The beds were big, comfortable and clean.
The bathrooms , downstairs, are AMAZING! Clean, clean and again CLEAN, very big and with all facilities (basin to wash, washing machine, shower/tub, big mirror)

Atmosphere: Ruso, Nini and the other guys are very very nice and helpful. They helped us in organizing tour to Kazbegi and Davit Gareji providing us a very good service at a very good price.
They also dedicate a lot of time to their guests, asking them about trip, their plans and creating very nice situations (eg one evening we played UNO all together learning georgian words to indicate colours! We laughed a lot and we had very good time with all other guests!).
Price: very competitive considering the service provided!

I absolutely recommend this hostel since it seems to be at home and, during hard trip, it' very nice and relaxing to feel like this.

Room Tip: bed room in my opinion is the best solution!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I fell in love with the place just the moment I crossed the door and met the people. All are always with smile, positive and ready to cheer you up. Their attitude makes you feel to be a special guest. The atmosphere is very cosy and comfy. People are very social and open and it was very hard for me to leave the place. They helped me a lot to plan trips around Georgia. Oh guys, I miss you so much! Miss our morning coffee at the balcony

Ok, let’s move to the place itself: it is a two-story building near Metro Rustaveli, quite easy to find (and too difficult to leave and impossible to forget). The interior is made of wood. I myself stayed in a dorm on downstairs and I found it very comfortable. Even though the windows were facing the street, I had a baby sleep all the time. Upstairs there are three dorms and living area, where people were cooking. I am not a cook type person and never cooked there but I did enjoy coffee at the balcony. This is a pure bliss. Usually I wake up very early and to have a coffee at the balcony under a tree on a quiet Tbilisi street and wake up together with a crazy city - it is one could dream of I am sure. Oh and I want to mention one thing: they have a mint plant in one of the pots at the balcony and if you love mint tea, this is the only place in Tbilisi where you can pick it and make a real mint tea.

In the end I’d love to say that Georgia is very beautiful and people everywhere are very nice and friendly but without Darchee and its people my traveling there will have only a half value.

Thank you Darcheeans! You are always in my heart and memory <3

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hostel is in a very strategic location (near to train station, shops, restaurants, tourist spots in tbilisi). Apart from the location, I will always be back and stay in this hostel because of the owners. They are very hospitable and will always chat with you. you will never see Iko sleep. He is always on the go and always ready to wait for the guests. NiNi and Len will never get you bored. They will always chat with you and make your stay in the hostel a pleasant one. I forgot the name of the other guy who showed me the direction on getting around tbilisi but thanks a bunch to you buddy. you made my search easy! I haven't had the time to chat with Ruso, but for sure i'll have fun discussing with you as well if had the chance.

The hostel was clean and i already have a spot where to chill - really love staying in the veranda. There was a huge tree close to it that brings back old memories.

I'm pretty sure ill be back to Georgia and I won't think twice in staying again and again in this hostel.

Again, I will always come back in this hostel not just because of the strategic location but because of the people running the hostel.

I highly recommend this hostel!

See you soon guys!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Darchee Hostel? Share your experiences!