“Fairy Tale” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 193 Specialty Lodging in Tbilisi
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Fairy Tale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Wherever you came: from the airport, mountain travel, walking in the hot streets of Tbilisi, alone, with friends, with family - coming into this house you will get everything the traveler needs. The room, bed, bed linen and towel, "plenty of hot water" ... washing machine, iron, huge fridge, high ceilings,a balcony overlooking the old picturesque courtyard, the Internet ... But the most important thing is that you will be constantly surrounded with care, hospitality, tranquility and totally awesome people! Lots and lots of thanks to Bonney Hostel! I can not imagine that I would stay in Tbilisi somewhere else besides this fantastic place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Friendly English and Russian speaking staff!
Spacious rooms, enough bathrooms so no need to queue, everything is clean and nice and cosy, big common area with sofas and a piano in one of the rooms, washing mashine, free tea+coffee, free internet and wifi. Nice furniture and details.
In fact it is an old very stylish 200 sqm apartment turned into a proper hostel (and not a private flat turned into a guesthouse only for the season - which is not uncommon in Georgia).
Good value for money.
The only thing to improve is to put aircon in more rooms.

Room Tip: There is a dorm room with aircon - not all rooms have it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oulu, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hostel is like cream cake. The rooms have old times glamour. The ceilings are high and beautiful. There free WLAN, washing machine, good kitchen appliances and free coffee and tea. In the balcony you can sit and watch the neighborhood. The staff is extremely helpful and they speak good English (or there's always an English speaking person available on phone). One of the dorm rooms has air conditioning.

Room Tip: One of the dorms has an air conditioner. Double rooms are quite good, if you want privacy, but they...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed here for four nights in a private and for one night in a dorm: clean and cosy rooms, free washing machine, fair price, helpful and friendly staff - all in all a good place for meeting people, but not a "party hostel". Smoking is allowed in the kitchen only. I liked it a lot!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tbilisi, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed in the Bonney Hostel for several days in June 2012 and it was a lovely place. It felt like my second home! The staff are friendly and kind and there is a great relaxed atmosphere there that makes you feel welcome. We're very sad to be leaving this place. We stayed in one of the dorm rooms. The dorm rooms are big and airy with plenty of space and the beds are soft and comfy. Our room had air con too which was great as it was so hot in Tbilisi. There is a fully equipped kitchen that we used a few times, free use of the washing machine and free internet and wi-fi. They even let us leave our bags at the hostel for a few days while we visited other places. The hostel is also in a great location just 3 mins walk or so from Marjanishvilli metro station and on the same street as loads of cheap bakeries and small shops to buy food.

The only improvements I can think of for this hostel is that they could do with providing a bit more local information and maybe a few maps of the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Almaty, Almaty City, Kazakhstan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

located in the center of Tbilisi Bonney Hostel is little bit more then just a beautiful place to stay. this place has a very special atmosphere of friendliness and hospitality. it just feels like home

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was supposed to meet a friend but couldn't find where she was staying and I accidently found Bonney Hostel where they let me use the toilet. They were just so kind and I liked the atmosphere that I decided to just stay there and meet my friend the next day. I first went at Easter and was pleased to find that there was a Catholic Church with an English mass only about 5 minutes walking from there. Each I came to Tbilisi, I felt like it was my home. I felt so comfortable and the location was so close to the metro. Also there are grocery stores near by to easily buy food. When I had to leave Georgia early due to allergies in my village, the company wanted to put me at another hostel which they paid for. I declined this offer and paid myself to stay at Bonney's because this was a difficult time for me and I needed to be in a place that felt like home. Once Bonney's was full and they arranged for me to stay with a neighbor across the hall that I already knew from going to Bonney's often. When it was finally time to say goodbye and I had an early morning flight, the staff helped me take those heavy suitcase sdown the steps and arranged for a taxi. I am so thankful that my last days in Georgia were spent as such a wonderful place so that I have warm, happy memories to take back with me. I highly recommend this hostel. They have dorm rooms and two private rooms. They have 4 bathrooms, computers to use, a nice living area, a nice kitchen. Bonney's can accomidate large groups as well. They are very easy going people that will help you all they can. I will miss the staff so much and will always stay in touch with them.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bonney Tbilisi Hostel? Share your experiences!