“Hotel Demi- Tbilisi, Georgia” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get More From Your Stay
Ranked #3 of 57 hotels in Tbilisi
New York City, New York
“Hotel Demi- Tbilisi, Georgia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our group consisted of 6 women-- friends from college on a reunion plus one daughter of our friend who is in her 20s. We spent two nights and three days in Tbilisi and stayed here. Very friendly staff. Almost all the staff speak good English. Very helpful.
Our friend made the room reservations and picked this hotel due to value and comments from Trip Advisor.
When we first entered and checked in, we were disappointed as the "hotel" is in a residential area and is really like a house turned into a B&B.-- there are 3 floors and we were in Room 5 on the 3rd floor. It has 2 windows and a small balcony. There is AC. We did not need this on the 2nd night as it was very cool (high 50s F at night). We opened the windows to let in cool night breeze and left these windows open overnight. I was reassured by the front desk clerk that it is pretty safe place.also, very quiet neighborhood-- and so, with the open windows no problem with the noise. FYI, We were there from Sept 5-7.
The only complaint is the location is not walking distance to the Old Town. Taxi is approx 6 GEL per trip from the hotel to Old Town. The exchange rate was 1.6 GEL = US$1.
The taxi drivers do not speak English and have meters but do not go by the metered fare. Several of these drivers were irate when we paid the fare as per meter.
The rooms look bigger in the website --- but OK size for 2 people. WE all had our own bathrooms ensuite. No frills.
Clean and well-maintained and SAFE.
The daily breakfast is very complete-- cereals, fresh fruits, breads, juices, yogurt, breakfast meats and eggs, hot beverages, etc. All good in this department.

Once again-- going back to the airport, we were informed by the hotel staff, no more than
25 GEL for the taxi ride. Again, the taxi driver had a meter and showed 16.75 GEL but wanted to get paid 25 GEL. (There were two of us and 2 suitcases on the trip to the airport.) So, I recommend have the hotel staff talk to the taxi driver before you board the taxi so that there are no surprises when you get to your destination. (The only problem is when you are out and about and you hail the cab and reach the hotel---)

In general, the Tbilisi residents we had contact with were very friendly and helpful.
We hired a tour guide for the two full days. This is the thing to do. He provided a van to accommodate all of us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The warmth and friendliness of the Hotel Demi staff make it a must stay in Tbilisi.

From large delicious breakfasts, to offering travel tips and helping you with your plans, friendly guests and comfy living room for all to relax in helped make my husband and I feel at home.

The room was large and comfortable. We had a balcony where we could have a light dinner (many Georgians and tourists smoke in restaurants which I don't enjoy). Granted the view wasn't the top 10 but it was Tbilisi and an experience we will remember.

The hotel is not non-smoking but as I was advised it was well ventilated and not a problem.

We were traveling on pleasure and the Hotel Demi was booked when we returned to Tbilisi so we stayed closer to Freedom Square (about a 30 minute walk away). Both neighborhoods had their pros and cons. The Hotel Demi is located in a residential area with many restaurants and local stores nearby. Freedom Square is closer to Museums, Old Tbilisi etc.

Thanks again to Hotel Demi and Nana, the manager, for a memorable stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The best hotel so far.. It is truly a home away from home for me. Demi Hotel is a perfect definition of Hospitality. Comfy rooms. Sumptuous breakfast and the ever-flowing coffee is my fave of all :D .Worth the price and they have the kindest and smiling staff ever. Nana is love, a hotel owner with a big heart. I just cant wait to go back to this place. Thank you Demi Team for an excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm by tendency quite suspicious when it comes to reviews on tripadvisor and similar sites but I have to say it's all true: the staff at Demi Hotel are just the nicest people and it's amazing how they try to do everything they can to make you feel at home. Just to give one example, one night I had gone to one of the Georgian sulfur baths and didn't really feel like having dinner outside afterwards so I called them from the city and when I came home they had some sandwiches and a nice salad prepared for me. My room was simple but spacious enough and very clean and what I liked best that I had a little balcony to sit on and enjoy the balmy evenings with a glass of whine. I don't know any other comparable places in Tbilisi so can't really compare but I can wholeheartedly say that my experience was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Yerevan, Armena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I chose this hotel to stay in after reading all of the amazing reviews on TripAdvisor, and the Demi Hotel did, indeed, live up to every expectation. Upon arriving, we were greeted, offered tea and water, and shown to our rooms. The rooms were quaint, and comfortable. We were visiting from the USA, and Nana (the owner) and her staff did any, and everything they could to help us. They set us up with a guide one day, the next day they showed us the best restaurant in town. Nana was so helpful, and negotiated taxis for us. We felt right at home, and there is really nothing I can complain about. Breakfast was plentiful, with a good variety. They would even make anything you wanted, if it wasn't on the table. The staff was unbelieveable. So nice, kind, and always greeted us with smiles. I would go back there in a heartbeat. Thanks to Nana and their staff for the excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

central location. fair price. nice rooms. intelligent staff. family atmosphere and ever-flowing coffee. you would be mad to stay anywhere else in Tbilisi. i promised Nana, the owner, i would write "a poem" about the hotel on tripadvisor because i liked it so much. i have never bothered to do a review on this site before, let alone a poem. but i owe it to her, so here's my attempt at Haiku:

hot sun in strange town
green leaves give shade, brown eyes smile
Nana full of love

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PERPIGNAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had to stay 2 weeks in April and 1 month in June July in Tbilisi. Georgian people from the office recommended me this small hotel(7 rooms). Be sure that I have to come back in September and I will stay here! Nice people always smiling offering tea or coffee, helpful if you have any question problem, arranging everything and not forgetting what you have asked for. Rooms are calm and very clean. The breakfast is huge and fantastic and every day they are preparing something different (usually Georgian food).Coffee is very good. Evening meal is four courses. People at the reception are extremely nice. Same in the kitchen and a wonderful boss, Nana. You almost don't see the staff, but they are all the time taking care of you. About 20 minutes on foot from the city center , but if you feel lazy a cab will go there in less than 5 minutes for less than 1,5€…Good wifi.
Very affordable prices compared to European standards.

Room Tip: 6 or 7 at the second floor, but I think all of them are nice. they have balconies and it's pleas...