We paid USD20 for a double room. We loved it because it was clean, neat and spotless. This is especially true for the bathroom. Although we stayed in the hotel on 2 occassions (1st day and last day of our trip), we especially loved our 2nd time. We were really looking forward to it after not getting enough sleep on the bus, and after all the bare minimum, dim rooms we had in other parts of Myanmar.
Take note: This hotel isn't that new, nor does it have a backpacker-ish character.
But what we absolutely love is the simple feeling it has to it, and the cleanliness of the hotel.
- Great beds!
- Rods and hangers to hang your clothes
- Great ventilation (Take your pick! Aircon, standing fan, wall ventilator)
- Great breakfast! (The usual bread & egg, but with YUMMY Myanmar style pancakes!)
- Clean toilets
- Working shower head
- Working temperature controls of shower
Although all these might seem trivial, but it's great to be able to enjoy these simple facilities after a weary and dirty day.
Location-wise, it's near Sule Paya, just a 5 min walk to Bogyoke Aung San market (just turn left!), walkable to Chinatown and Little India, and walkable to downtown as well. Wonderful location.
The only downside was probably the TV. It wasn't working well, and we did not have good reception. Maybe that can be worked on since they have a TV in a room.
On the 2nd time, we arrived early in the morning (around 5am) from Kalaw to the guesthouse and the room was ready for us! We were so glad to be able to lie on the bed to catch some sleep before the morning.
While waiting for your friends, you can also grab a milk tea at the neighboring tea shop. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located downtown: Within very easy reach of Yangon Railway Station, Bo Gyoke Market, Airlines Offices, and several other highlights of the city. Your stay here is guaranteed efficacious. Air conditioner; bathrooms attached with hot and cold shower; minibar; Oversea Telephone & Facsimile Service, 24-hour satellite T.V ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Beautyland Hotel II reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beautyland Hotel II Yangon, Myanmar