Very nice hotel. Big rooms, comfortable beds, great food in the restaurant. Staff was very helpfull and (as everwhere in Myanmar).
Yangon is very small and can be seen in 1 day. Spend here 2 nights in december and 1 night in January upon returning home after a tour in Myanmar. Spend quite some time around the Pool Orginally our tour agency included a different hotel but after checking on trip advisor I changed it to Savoy. This turned out to be a good choice. Pool area is very nice. Downtown is about 10 min by taxi, costs about 2-3USD.
Taxis are from January, in steps, required to have meters so thats makes it even more easy to move around. Highly recommended hotel for everybody. Try the spagetti Carbonarra!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Odigeo so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar