We had an excellent experience here. As many reviewers have noted the physical attributes of the hotel are exceptional. It has a lot of charm and definitely colors the "old colonial hotel" square.
We found the service expectations. Command of English and eagerness to serve were better than I expected based on some earlier reviews. We ate dinner there also as we were too tired to go out. Food is served in a number of venues from bistro to bar to terrace to restaurant.All great atmosphere Not cheap by Yangon standards, but reasonable by western standards and there was good variety of food. We recommend this place
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.