We had a 3 night stay at the Savoy before moving on to Inle Lake. The hotel was a quiet haven in the middle of a city of very congested and noisy streets. It has a great 'old world colonial' charm with wooden floors, walls and ceilings and antique fittings everywhere. Reception was a little disorganised at times but we had a good welcome and our room was very large and tastefully decorated. We asked for a quiet room and looked out over the pool which was very peaceful although if one wanted an early night, noise from the tables around the pool could be annoying. Our room was upstairs but there is no lift and a double flight of stairs (not too steep) so you have to be reasonably fit to make it to your room.
We ate every night in the hotel and had excellent food prepared by the French chef. It may have been expensive in relation to Myanmar prices but we could not face getting a taxi and going out again after a hard day's sightseeing.
The breakfast offering was very comprehensive although the conservatory room by the food soon filled up, but there were plenty of other places,including outside,to enjoy it.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.