Many tourists, like us, arrive in Yangon on a flight from Bangkok. Generally, hotel prices are much higher in Myanmar than in Thailand and other countries in South East Asia. It is now easy for tourists to visit and the numbers far exceeds the available beds in hotels of an acceptable standard. The hotels are taking advantage of this and charging more than is really justified – it is a simple case of supply and demand.
So, accepting the price level, which is comparable with hotels in Europe, the Savoy Hotel is one of the best in Yangon. It is a colonial style boutique hotel, just north of Shwedagon Pagoda. With only 30 rooms and nearly three times as many staff, we were very well looked after during the four days we stayed here. The staff were helpful and friendly and made us feel welcome. Our room on the ground floor, overlooking the pool area, was well furnished and comfortable.
Kipling`s Restaurant on the first floor was where both breakfast and dinner was served. The breakfast buffet was good with a wide selection of both Asian and western food. Two evenings we had dinner here which was good, although there is not such a big selection on the menu.
After sightseeing in the city and the surrounding countryside, it was gorgeous to have a swim in the pool and then relax with a drink on the pool side terrace. One afternoon, my wife had a massage in the Spa which she found really relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Odigeo so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar