We stayed here for 3 nights during our visit to Yangon and enjoyed it very much. It is a charming old colonial home to which a wing has been added in which the bedrooms are situated. The pool area is a cool oasis, but they could do with investing in some more pool furniture. Rooms are large and there are teak floors throughout. We ate in the restaurant on two occasions and found the food to be very good. There is a lovely view of the Shwedagon Pagoda from the dining room.
Although this is a nice hotel, do agree with others that the price is steep, but I think it is par for the course in Myanmar, where hotels of an international standard are thin on the ground. We were comfortable at the Savoy and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Hotel is a four star colonial boutique hotel committed to personalized and attentive service. It is ideally located in a picturesque area of Yangon overlooking the Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar’s “twinkling wonder” and nearby the People’s Park. All 24 deluxe rooms and six suites express the charm of “the old days” with traditional Myanmar antiques, teak furniture and spacious bathrooms. Nicely overshadowed by tall old trees, the large pool with its lounge area makes the Savoy Hotel a silent oasis in the middle of the buzzing city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Booking.com so you can book your Savoy Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Savoy Hotel Yangon Myanmar