I booked this hotel for an overnight stay in Yangon on our way to Bagan. It was less expensive than the hotel we were staying in for our return, extended stay in Yangon. The Chatrium was a little more than half the price of the other hotel and the service was twice as good. I was with my wife and children and we were very well taken care of at the Chatrium. The internet connection was the best we encountered in Myanmar (though not up to international business hotel standards). If our later stay had been refundable, I would have switched to Chatrium.
- Also Known As:
- Chatrium Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon Myanmar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon is a beautiful 5-star luxury city hotel in the heart of Yangon (formerly Rangoon), Myanmar’s premier city, located just 30 minutes from Yangon International Airport and pleasantly sited along the western shore of Royal Lake (Kandawgyi Lake) and Kandawgyi Natural Park. Facing the magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda, the luxurious accommodation comprises 303 spacious rooms including 37 exquisite suites, while facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, meeting & conference facilities, spa, health club and a pool garden. Plus, many city attractions are close by and guests may arrange tours with the Concierge.Built in colonial style and one of Myanmar’s heritage hotels, the property has been revived with Asian and Eastern architectural design features, and offers full amenities of true international standard. In ambiance, the hotel has the concept of a city resort, reflecting the ease and comfort of a bygone era in Burma, while service is distinguished by the traditional warm hospitality of the people of Myanmar to meet the needs of both business and leisure travellers. This luxury hotel, managed by a Thai-based management chain, Chatrium Hotels and Residences, was opened on 20th March 1998 on a total land area of 15,111 m2 and with a floor area of 25,500 m2. The site was once owned in the 1900s by the renowned family of Tiger Balm, and later this prosperous spot was named "Tiger Hill." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Escapio, Expedia, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.