I basically stayed here, bc I knew the name from Singapore. and when travelling to a place where credit cards could have been an issue, I wanted the option to potentially deal with the singaproe branch if anything went wrong. but I needn't have worried, bc this hotel was great. there is one restaurant around the corner where all the foreigners go. and also, there is a massage place around the corner at another hotel (a bit run down, but has a money changer in the lobby at certain hours). that massage place was excellent and inexpensive, but of course prices are bound to be going up and up. I think this is likely the last year before things change a lot. even as I was there, you could see changes taking place... so they are ramping up to take advantage of the increased arrivals. you see signs for English courses everywhere. one thing was the tour guide I had arranged bailed on me bc he got a bigger fish; but the guy at the concierge called a person who arranges tours and let me talk to her on the phone. this saved the day... so overall I think you can't really go wrong booking here. one thing was that they were doing remodelling, so keep that in mind. oh and I had arranged for a pick up at the airport via email... the guy said yeah 15 dollars. so we get to the hotel and he says that'll be 30 us dollars please. and I said wait, you said 15. and he said well, 15 for me to come to airport and 15 to take you to the hotel. so, be aware of these types of mini-scams bc there is really no (enforcement of/or) regulation in these wild west days of Myanmar. that said, the guy I got for the tour was very polite and at the end of the tour even asked "may I now go and have dinner with my family". and I was like well yeah, we finished the tour so go and do what you gotta do...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 22 story Hotel centrally located across from Bogyoke Market, in Yangon's business, cultural & shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sule Shangri-La Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Sule Shangri-La Yangon Myanmar