During a recent trip to Myanmar my husband & I stayed at the Traders Hotel and would highly recommend it - but book early as it is a very busy place! It is perfectly located in the middle of Yangon, is modern, recently refurbished (& this is still ongoing) with inviting dining room & wonderful staff. The Customer Relations girls in the lobby area in particular, dressed in their elegant national costume, are absolutely delightful.
The main dining room is cheerful, the food of a very good international standard, the staff friendly & attentive - not formal. We had a family dinner party here & all our guests loved it - & they are well travelled. If eating in the lobby area for a more informal meal be prepared to sit in a busy area - it is interesting what goes on! The lounge/pub area upstairs serves similar light meals but the service needs improvement.
We had breakfast room service twice - both times it was mixed up but the 2nd time they were extremely apologetic & we were given complimentary wine & fruit - it is a learning curve I think for some of the staff.
The room was a good size, the lighting convenient; we had to change our booking while there and it was no problem. All in all, a lovely hotel & we would go back anytime1
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 22 story Hotel centrally located across from Bogyoke Market, in Yangon's business, cultural & shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA and Odigeo so you can book your Sule Shangri-La Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Sule Shangri-La Yangon Myanmar