We stayed at Traders on our last night in Myanmar. We had not been warned that Traders Club was being renovated so were surprised to discover the lounge had been moved to a function room on the 3rd floor so check in for Club guests is done in the lobby. There was a notice in our room dated April 2012 informing guests of ongoing renovations - obviously not finished yet.
Our agents had supposedly booked a double non-smoking club room but we were offered a smoking room. When we declined we were told we would have to wait at least an hour for a non-smoking room to be available. Only when we complained was it suggested we wait in the temporary Traders Club and make use of the facilities. This was the only hotel we stayed at in Myanmar that did not offer a welcome drink or refreshing towel to all its guests on arrival.
There were canapes and drinks in the lounge from 5.30 to 7.30 and a bottle of wine in our room which was nice although nothing to indicate it, the bottled water, fruit or nuts were actually complimentary so we had to check with the staff.
The buffet breakfast was extensive with eggs cooked to order. The bacon for some reason was with the bread rather than the other hot food items which was unusual for a non halal restaurant.
The staff in the Traders Club lounge all spoke good English, were very aaccommodating and professionaal
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Traders Hotel Yangon Myanmar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 22 story Hotel centrally located across from Bogyoke Market, in Yangon's business, cultural & shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Traders Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.