I stayed here for two days and was impressed with their service standard. I did not expect much anyway in the beginning. The hotel is quite old but reasonably well maintained and in the city center. The room has standard decoration, although the bathroom may need upgrade as it started to look a bit too old. The food was ok and staff was really nice and polite. The internet connection was ok, not fast but acceptable to connect with work and outside world. ( although they blocked certain sites )
I love the lobby lounge area decoration. I thought it was stunning as it has the traditional burmese architechure and style.
Only setback thing for international traveller is they do not accept American Express Credit Card, so you will need to use Visa/Master card instead and they also charge 4% credit card fees which i am a bit annoyed as the room is not cheap.
I'll give it 3 star rating compared to other international hotels but it is probably the best in Yangon as it is managed by the Shangri la hotel chain group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 22 story Hotel centrally located across from Bogyoke Market, in Yangon's business, cultural & shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Sule Shangri-La Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Sule Shangri-La Yangon Myanmar