Traveled to Yangon, Myanmar for the first time and stayed at Sedona Hotel for three nights. I really did not have much expectations. We were booked in Executive Club Rooms. Upon arrival got directed to proceed to the Club Lounge on the 10th floor for check in. Upon providing our passport/ Credit Card, it took the staff a good 45 minutes to complete. The credit card approval is obtained from Singapore in Singapore Dollars. Unfortunately, the hotel also charges a 4.5% fee on Credit Card transactions.
I was provided a room on the 7th floor, which was a room on the normal floor but did have access to the Club Lounge. The service at the Club Lounge was very good. However, the other restaurants were very average and it took a minimum of 30 minutes for delivery of any request from Housekeeping.
The hotel provided free Wifi. The service in the rooms were very bad with the internet not working for most of the time. The wifi in the Club Lounge was steady however.
Would I stay at Sedona again, not if I can manage to find other alternatives.
- Also Known As:
- Sedona Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Sedona Hotel Yangon Myanmar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imposing Hotel situated on 8 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens facing the south east end of Yangon's famous Inya Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Sedona Hotel Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.