We stayed there during the Water Festival. We greatly appreciated being away from the noise of the festivities and yet could feel the cheerful atmosphere in the hotel with the daily celebration organised for the staff.
The rooms are awesome, well-equipped, everything is thought to make you feel comfortable. Extremely clean and spacious with a wonderful view on a lotus pond and the gardens.
The food is gorgeous (breakfast buffet and dinner). The staff is wonderful and always smiling.
The swimming-pool was very welcome in such a heat!!!
The buildings of teak wood make you go back in time and feel like Karen Blixen in Kenya!!!!
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It is located within the elegant Embassy Quarter of Yangon and close to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Orient-Express hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Splendia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.