“A good massage for a worth while cause” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Genky

Genky
285, Bo Aung Kyaw Road (Middle Block), Kyauktada Tsp, Yangon, Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
0986-15036
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Spas
Attraction Details
Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo), Myanmar
“A good massage for a worth while cause”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

You won't feel like you're at a spa (and really why would you, you're in Myanmar) but you will feel like you've had a very good therapeutic massage and contributed to a good cause.
The Sakura tower is the one with Hitachi in lights on the top.

Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
15 attraction reviews
“Good massage and not a Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I went here on recommendation of a guide I worked with. Its more therapeutic than relaxing and that was what I was looking for. It was painful in many moments but it solved all my neck problems that I've had from hours of desk job and driving.
Its well known among locals as well and they have two outlets. One in Sakura Tower and one in Chinatown. Previous reservation is better since they only can take 3 persons at a time in Sakura Tower.
My therapist was professional but sniffing all the time..again its not a Spa. If I need a massage therapy again I go here. If I want to relax I go to a Wellness Spa.

Visited May 2013
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
“Reasonable massage clinic by blind therapists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was introduced by the hotel receptionist where I stayed nearby. Situated in an office building with minimum signs, it may be hard to find, but you can find them on the corner of 5th floor. The performance level is not bad at all and cost is reasonable (e.g. 10,000 Kyat or 12 USD for 60 minutes body massage). The clinic seems to be run by Japanese so the therapist can speak basic conversation (e.g. Is the pressure fine? How are you feeling?). They provide wifi and even have some stock of Japanese comic books for reading. They are quite busy so make sure you are not in a desperate hurry. I was lucky to start the session on the spot without a booking.

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
260 attraction reviews
“5th Floor Massage by the blind”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Paid 6,000ks for 45mins foot massage. Should have kept the money. Female works on female, male works on males.
The female I had kept sniffing her nose, so annoying.
The towels used were old, filthy, rough and thin. Used dry to wipe off "the oil" but it was not necessary and very rough and hard. The towels looked as if they were re-used through the day. The therapist was more concerned in wrapping my feet and fiddling with the towel either straightening it or re-arranging it than using the time to massage me. Useless massage.

Visited October 2012
Beijing, China
16 attraction reviews
“Excellent massage without huge price tag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was about to head up to Inya lake for some (relatively) expensive massage, but then the owner of my wonderful hotel (Whitehouse) steered me toward Genky, which was half the price and within walking distance. The ambiance was pleasant but not luxurious, and the masseur was very good. I've lived in China for a year and blind masseur places can sometimes seem dodgey or have questionably blind people, but Genky is all professional and true to their aim of enabling blind citizens.

Visited September 2012