“Generic Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clover Hotel

You added Clover Hotel to your Saves list
Clover Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7A, Wingabar Road | Bahan, Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar   |
Ranked #32 of 94 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
Portland, Oregon
“Generic Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is OK, certainly clean, really a rather bland business hotel. Food is nothing special and the breakfast was rather poor. We did stay in worse hotels in Myanmar though !
There is a nice view of the Shwebegan Pagoda though, over all an average experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Worldtreader1,

This certainly gives us an element of pride as you said: “We did stay in worse hotels in Myanmar." Therefore you are saying we are one of the better hotels in Myanmar.

We will strive to maintain and go beyond your expectations in an attempt to surprise you on our next visit.

CloverHotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Thai first
plymouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and then again booked in for one night 12 days later booked for us by exotissimo. A bit out of the way (though the traffic everywhere in Yangon is awful) and not the most pleasant street when approaching the entrance. The rooms are functional, clean, good size with good wifi. The breakfast is appalling. Why the toaster has to be operated by a member of staff I fail to understand, the coffee is rank and the rest of it is not worth bothering to get up to the seventh floor for. I think there must be better alternatives.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear beats21,

You are truly one of the guests we got to know better.

As you mentioned: “We stayed here for two nights and then again booked in for one night 12 days later.” explains some of your satisfaction.

Your cultural demeanor may have eliminated bring to our attention the coffee etc.

We certainly aim to please. This additional assistance would have been a significant asset to your enjoyment and probably to others.

Travel well and remember us well.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Myanmar is not exactly known to grasp the concept of value for money. And even though this hotel was also overpriced, it was much better than other hotels. The breakfast was decent, the room was spacious and clean. Unfortunately we were waken up from noise from the hallway, where a phone kept ringing. The area is pretty nice and the staff very helpful.

Stayed December 2013
Dear GitteHolm,

Your most sincere evaluation and compliments are received with our greatest gratitude to you for taking the time to express yourself.

It is now with our utmost sincerity to heed (pay attention and take notice) to what was not quite to your satisfaction but still as you expressed: “Good for Myanmar standards”.
You are a valuable guest and will be well remembered.

Australia Central Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Glad we stayed at Clover, great staff, excellent food including breakfast, clean. Short drive to everything including city around $2 per trip. Great views of the Pagoda, brilliant at night. You need to ask for a Pagoda room, unable to see from all rooms. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 3rdstage,

WOW – let a rainbow shine on us as you so noteworthy saying: “Would highly recommend.”

Your well worded compliments are beyond any expressed gratification we could conjure in our seasoned minds.

May you find this same satisfaction in all your travels.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We arrived in the middle of the night from the airport. Reception were very friendly with a welcome (in both senses) drink. Check in was quick and we were in our room in a few minutes. Large room, all services we needed more than adequate. Wifi Ok, but occasional drop-outs. Breakfast in roof-top restaurant, food fine, view of Schwedagon Paya wonderful. Good value overall; we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Etosha,

Who is creating this? A double rainbow shining (Nov.27th) on us the same day but you started with fantastic moon glow in the middle of the night.

Your enjoyment and satisfaction is so important to us. I see it is not only you but you obviously are passing the expressions of your family.

May you find this satisfaction in all your travels.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This wasn't the most fabulous place to stay, but it was clean, tidy and everyone was lovely. That may be due to the Myanmar people themselves, though! Basic breakfast and fine for what we paid. Nothing to write home about, but you did feel safe. For a first time Asia trip, that was key.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear PePo M,

Your cultural shock, awareness and adjustments came quickly as this was your first time Asia trip.

Saying that this was not the most fabulous place to say but at this point in time of your Asian visit you did find us to be “clean, tidy and everyone was lovely”.

As you travel finding all to be equal to us then we know you will have pleasant memories.

You are entering a fascinating part of the world – enjoy.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed there for one night in Nov,2013
The hotel locate in Northern Yangon(Rangoon) area.It's close to Schwedagon Pagoda,South Entrance.Only 5-7 mins walk from hotel. I paid 7,000 MMK for airport Taxi to take me there.

The staff are very hekpful and service mind. The hotel also accept credit card (but charge service fees) I never know it before cause other website show that this hotel accept only cash,that's not true. I did a mistake there,I should not spend a lot of cash(in MMK) for room because most shop in Myanmar accept only cash. Next time I book a hotel room in Myanmar,I'll select prepaid option.

I arrived at the hotel in early morning,around 9 am. After check in I didn't know that I can get in the room immediately because I know from website that check in time is 2pm so I spended time for hours at the business corner (free-PC/Wifi and Printer). The bellman take care me very well,he prepare to lead me to the room & carry my luggages.Other staff also keep watching me,whatever I go to the entrance-the doorman will run overhead to open the door for me or even I go to business corner,he'll check PC and wifi for me. That's cute.

Before I leave the hotel after check in,I told the staff that I'll go out so please bring my luggage to the room.When I come back,they didn't being it to my room but they was waiting to bring the luggage to the room with me.That's because they don't want to entry the room without guest also they want to introduce the room and check everything for me.The doorman also offer taxi service for me with reasonable price.

The staff can speak English,some complex sentence they didn't get the meaning but it's not a big problem because they have service mind (same standard of Hotel in Japan//better than hotel in Thailand : Yes,I'm Thai but I dislike hotel service in Thailand)

I booked for superior room,double bed.Room is good and clean.There are international chanel on tv (news and movie,included Chanel 3 Thailand)

I got a good sleep there.The restaurant is on the top fl. I can see Schewdagon Pagoda from there,very bueatiful. Not so many choice for breakfast but not too bad (Western & Eastern Style)

Next time I go Myanmar,I'll stay this hotel again :)

PS. 2,000-2500 MMK for Taxi from hotel to downtown area.

Room Tip: A room with Schewedagon Pagoda is interesting.