“Budget and Simple” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Pearl Inn

You added Ocean Pearl Inn to your Saves list
Ocean Pearl Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 215, Botataung Pagoda Road, Pazundaung Tsp., Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar   |
Ranked #44 of 94 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Budget and Simple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I'm enjoying my three night stay here at Ocean Pearl Inn. I book the hotel via online, and send an email for the response of my bookings; the staff responded to my email pretty fast. I terrified there is none of the staff will pick up us (as the also provide for free airport transfer), when I reached Yangon since this is my first visit there but the staff already waiting us. The hotel quite clean and staff was really helpful and friendly. The price also quite reasonable and worth spend money for me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I didn't enjoy our stay here - the bathroom had a dank smell and made our room damp. We tried to open the window, but it opened out onto a smelly courtyard. But who knows, we might have been unlucky with our room.

I also didn't like the location very much - quite a hike to the centre of town in you're on foot. I would recommend Agga guest house or Agga Hotel - nicer rooms, and right in the heart of bustling Chinatown.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipoh, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have booked one night at Aung Si Guesthouse through internet one month before I depart. And I emailed them to remind that I will be reaching airport in the morning at 8.30am. But end up no one came to pick me in the airport, And the airport taxi driver said he never seen this guesthouse came to pick any guests. (I didn't write down its phone number in my notebook, so no one could contact them).

And when I reached the guesthouse by taxi, the staff told me that someone called them before and said I have cancelled the booking. I said I never made such call but she said maybe the phone line not stable or what what. End up no room for me. But the staff let me to use toilet before I departed to Golden Rock (I changed mind not to stay in Yangon but went to Golden Rock immediately after I know there was no room for me)

I was so disappointed with this guesthouse!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Inn has a friendly staff and helpful to a limit. The rooms are somewhat clean: the linens were fresh, but the floor needed a good sweeping and there was hot water in the shower. Skip breakfast here (except for the fruit) and head out to Lucky 7 for delicious tea house goodies and decent coffee.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Good location. Free airport shuttle for international flights ONLY !!! On main bus route, also taxis readily available. 10mins/$2 taxi ride to Scott market. Exorbitant Myanmar accommodation rates $30/dbl, $25/sgl, with ac, hot water and a TV (1 HK news channel in English). My room had no window, but the ac worked well. Rooms are clean but not remodelled. Basic breakfast ( 1egg, 2 toast, coffee/tea) - do not ask for seconds. OK for short stay. Around the corner, 5 mins walk to numerous local restaurants and Orchid Hotel restaurant. If finding your own way ask for the ORCHID HOTEL and this guesthouse is 10 buildings down the road (1 mins walk). Generally taciturn and unhelpful young manager.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Vientiane, Laos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The rooms cost $30/dbl, $25/sgl, with ac, hot water and a TV (1 HK news channel in English), which is cheap these days for Yangon (would be half this price in Bangkok). So the Ocean Pearl is considered a good buy. My room had no window, but the ac worked well. Rooms are clean but not remodeled. Free shuttle to airport at 6.30am, and free pickup for international flights. Basic breakfast (egg, toast, coffee/tea).
Good for overnight stay. Popular, so book ahead.
In the same block, there is a inexpensive, good restaurant, the New Moon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Osnabruck, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had the same experience as stated below. Had a confirmed reservation but when we arrived there, they told us there was no vacant room and sent us to the very poor "Everest Hotel". Very unfriendly. Do not stay there.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ocean Pearl Inn? Share your experiences!