“Super Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Augusta
Overland Park, Kansas
“Super Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was an extremely disappointing experience. Although I had called ahead to inform the front desk that we would be very late arrivals, the man at the desk told me that the motel had been overbooked. He asked if I had obtained the reservation thru Booking.com and I replied that I had. Whereupon, he said "they overbooked me by 4 rooms". The only 2 double bed room they had left was a smoking room which I reluctantly agreed to inspect. Because we were both exhausted and it was late, we took the room which was stifling hot only after protesting and the desk man offering a discount. The soap in the bathroom was totally inadequate and the sheet on one of the beds had holes in it. The discount amounted to $5 -- I will never return to this motel again nor will I ever book thru Booking.com again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Florence, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am surprised at the other recent reviews of this property! I habitually stay at Augusta Inn on my way between Colorado and Missouri. The staff is friendly and helpful. The parking lot is large and well-lit, which was important for my truck / trailer combo. The price is right and the location is out of Wichita and easy to access. When I checked in a few days ago, I requested a room with a view of my truck from the window and was given three room keys and invited to take my pick of rooms. I will continue making this place my regular stop!

Room Tip: If you have special needs, ask at the front desk. Staff is very accommodating!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We were heading to Colorado and made it To Augusta when darkness came. We were tired and did not want to drive on the Wichita. The hotel was rather expensive so we hope that the room would be nice, Or at least decent. We were less than impressed with this room. They were in the middle of repairs It appeared as there was exposed sheet rock mud in lots of areas. We considered Packing up, getting our money back, and moving on but we were just too tired. I would not recommend staying here although the staff was super friendly and accommodated any Requests. I am sure there is a much better place just a few miles Down the road.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

If you need a roof over your head for the night. Then this will work. This used to be a very nice hotel. But with the new owners and management. It surely has gone down the sewer. The whole place needs remodeled. Updated. And restaffed. Being in the business there is so much that could be done with this place to make it look million times better. I've noticed that a lot of these hotels owned by the same family have been in need of constructive attention. The whole hotel smells musky. Could use that clean smell and environment to it. Also....breakfast is a joke. It'd be enough to tie one over to get down the road to have breakfast at Sonic or McDonald's.

• Stayed May 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed 2 nights for a family reunion,this place is old and run down,we noticed the pillows had a strong odor to them and when we pulled off the pillowcases they were disgusting,we took them to the front desk and we were told there was nothing they could do about them.We went to Walmart and bought new pillows.The breakfast was toast and coffee.Do yourself a favor and go the extra 10 miles to Wichita you will be glad you did.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Augusta Inn? Share your experiences!