We went to Vanuatu to get married at Lagoon Beach Resort in March, and had about 30 of our friends and family come as well. The staff at Lagoon Beach are amazing, and organised a fabulous day for us. It rained all day, so unfortunately I didn't get to arrive via the ceremonial canoe (part of the wedding package), but they managed to set things up really well so that we had a wonderful, simple, and stress free day!
The vila (number 20) was amazing, private, and had a wonderful little balcony right over the water. Also had a private beach with chairs to lounge around on! Food at the resort is affordable and simple, but all the units have fully servicable kitchens which is very handy. We had friends staying in all the different accomodation types, and they were all beautiful, clean, well serviced, and in a great location.
Notes for those interested in a wedding:
1. The staff (Natalie was the wedding coordinator) were fabulous, but dont try to organise too much before you arrive, as they do things in island time and will organise everything from the cake to the flowers a couple of days beforehand.
2. Sit down and specify exactly what you want with them - we said we wanted a bar tab, but in addition to that they served cocktails for an hour post ceremony for $25 per head. This was simply due to communication breakdown between us and the resort
3. The wedding will likely be on the beach, you have to walk across the grounds (which have many holes for crabs) and the reception is held in the nakamal which has a packed gravel floor, so dont even think about wearing heels!
4. There is a pool right next to the nakamal, so almost all of our guests ended up swimming for most of the night, and staff served us drinks in the pool which was fabulous
5. Dont stress if guests are staying elsewhere and need to get home that night - the staff are happy to use the resort bus to transport guests, but there are always buses going past (just less frequently at night compared to during the day)
6. The seafood buffet was delicious and noone went hungry at all!
7. Pastor Gideon who did our ceremony (does religious and civil ceremonies) is apparently always an hour early or half and hour late... but he is lovely and married us beautifully.
8. The resort can organise group outings (we went to the Mele Cascades, and out to dinner), and can organise buses, but it is really just as easy and cheaper to use the public buses.
Basically this was a simple wedding with not too many frills which is exactly the way we wanted it. I think that if you want the "perfect" wedding with everything running exactly on time and exactly how you want it then Lagoon Beach, and probably Vanuatu even would not be for you. We didn't want to stress with the niggly little details of a wedding and it was the best day we could have imagined!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lagoon Beach Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagoon Beach Resort Apartments Hotel Port Vila
- Lagoon Beach Hotel Apartments
- Lagoon Beach Port Vila
- Lagoon Beach Resort Apartments Vanuatu/Port Vila