“2 WEEKS OF COMPLETE PARADISE” 5 of 5 stars

Lagoon Beach Resort Apartments
Teomou Road | Tassiriki, Port Vila, Efate 9999, Vanuatu   |
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Port Vila
Sydney, Australia
“2 WEEKS OF COMPLETE PARADISE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hi there we went to Vanuatu with a party of 14 people to celebrate our marriage at Erakor Island & also a incredible holiday.
i can honestly say that what you see in a photo & what you here from other people about a place is nothing like seeing it for yourself.
i was getting some negativity for my decision to get married outside of Australia but i had set my heart on my location.
I could not have made a better decision than choosing a magical place like Erakor Island to be married & such a warm friendly incredible place like Lagoon Beach Resort to experience it all..
Abi the owner, Felix the concierge & everything else he does to Tyrone the incredible chef & the amazing wait staff simply made our time at the resort one to remember always.Believe me when i say i will be returning to warmth of Vanuatu to see the friends we made in the very near future..
lastly but certainly not in that order we cannot thank the staff from Erakor Island enough. the wedding coordinator Lita,Nola the Chef Reggie & last but not Least Michael our incredible photographer for making our wedding a lasting memory forever what a location, getting married on a beach just astounding.
Thankyou one & all from the Andrew, Debra, Scott, Lianne, Ben,Corinne,Rondae,Rodney,Ellen,Gary,Anouska,Linda & our 2 boys Deklan & Hayden thankyou, thnakyou, thankyou

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was our first trip to Vanuatu and what a FANtastic experience. The resort is perfect for young kids with friendly helpful staff, clean apartments and great food. Special thanks to Kevin who kept the kids entertained, Felix and Abi for organising trips and Tyrone for the great food!!! We will be back sooooon. Ps. For medical emergencies there is a new 24 hr medical centre (Tassiriki Health Centre) close by with a great Brazilian doctor Rolf.

• Stayed October 2013
Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have just got home from staying there for 7 nights. We went over for a friends wedding. The service was second to none, especially from Felix and Annie. The staff were so friendly and could not do enough to help you out. We travelled with our 2 girls, 5 and 2, our 5 year old spent most of the time looking at the star fish and sea horses in the lagoon, while our 2 year old was being entertained by the staff, which gave us plenty of time to relax. The food from the kitchen was great and I highly recommend the BBQ feast. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the views were great. I would highly recommend this place for families and weddings.

Room Tip: Any room is good, they have it laid out so all the rooms have the same view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

After looking a many resorts, I kept coming back to this one & I am so glad I did! From the first point of contact I felt at ease. Abbie & Natalie looked after every detail with such a friendly manner. We stayed for 5 nights( wish it was longer) & also got married on the lagoon beach front, so very romantic & stunning colours along with scenery. It was beautiful to watch them prepare for our wedding by adding traditional wedding statues, wedding arch & warrior escort all things that the resort can arrange for you. We stayed in a 2bdr apartment that was very spacious & the addition of all the fresh flowers located throughout was a wonderful touch. Nothing is a worry for these people & that is how they want it too be for you. Felix is a wonderful funny guy with so much information. We had our 2 children with us aged 2 & 7. They loved it! So much space & too play with the local kids is an experience that not many words are needed but still enjoyed so much. The outstanding Chef Tyrone Mann wowed us many times with a seafood feasts along with meats, salads & kids meals, with ice cream ofcourse. Tyrone mingles with guests, anything you want made he will do his best to supply it for you with wonderful Vanuatu produce.I am fussy eater but that wasn't a problem for Tyrone, with me leaving the table very satisfied. Isabelle is a beautiful women that runs the restaurant, serves up excellent cocktails & our children adored her as did we all. If you are staying without children the villa's are spot on for that, we had a single friend staying in one & he found it so relaxing. You can make it as private or involved as you want. The staff are all very lovely & will look out for your children playing like their own. It is a short 10mins bus ride to town, sometimes they can go a bit off track, but don't be worried they will get you there! I actually loved the bus rides to town, some funny moments. We intend to return next year for our first wedding anniversary & will be taking a lot of friends/family back with us. The lagoon property & staff made my wedding day so relaxed without anything going wrong & never did I once feel like anything wasn't going to plan with the wedding. I loved the staff there & the people of Vanuatu are so giving of their smiles. I felt like I had 100 friends every step I took. You can arrange all your tours from Lagoon Resort & pick ups are no problem. The leave the resort feeling like you are leaving family. Every moment at Lagoon was wonderful. We always felt very safe day or night at the resort. We hired one of the lovely staff at Lagoon for babysitting for a few hours, another wonderful experience for us & the kids. Sophie who looked after the kindy, welcomed our children with open arms & a massive smile. A huge thanks to all that made our special day perfect & our stay without a worry in the world! It's wonderful when you can leave your holiday with such beautiful memories. V for Vanuatu!

Room Tip: Closer to lagoon for a view of serenity
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in one of the waterfront villas for 6 nights and loved it. I was a bit concerned about the comments regarding the property being great for familites, as we were on our honeymoon and wanted privacy, however the waterfront villa we were in (room 20) was really private and romantic. We had a private dinner on our balcony cooked by the Chef and it was an amazing night. Felix in reception was great and organised for us to be paddled up the lagoon to another restaurant for dinner one night. I would definitely recommend Lagoon Beach Resort and thanks all of the staff there for making our stay special.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a lovely place and great for those with young kids especially. The trampoline and playground were a hit with our 3-year-old.

Agree with all the previous good reviews. The main thing I would add is that it has a lot of space, beautiful lawns under large shade trees, and plenty of places to wander around, for kids to run around etc. This sets it apart from some other resorts around that area, which I'm sure are also nice but looked quite small with much less open space. It is also very well landscaped so that you aren't looking into anyone else's room. Although there were lots of other people staying at the same time, it didn't feel at all crowded. On days when we didn't feel like heading out anywhere, it was a very pleasant place to hang out and there were enough things to do. I imagine teenagers might find it more limiting, but for younger kids (and their parents) it is great.

Special thanks to Tyrone who cooked us amazing meals and was very accommodating, and Annie who was so great with the kids and welcomed our 3-year-old into the kinder.

My only suggestion would be better blinds in the apartments - they didn't block the light much at all so we had some early mornings.

Room Tip: Room 5 was great for keeping an eye on kids in the playground through the windows.
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This resort was the highlight of our trip. We travelled with a 2yr old & a 4 mth old. The apartments are overlooking the lagoon & next to a playground. My son loved playing on the playground & in the open style games room. As the games room is open, we could eat in the restaurant & still see him playing. The chefs cooking is amazing & he will make anything you want. This place is very family friendly, the security guard played with my 2yr old son one night while we had dinner in the restaurant. My son referred to him as friend & had a wonderful time. I wouldn't stay anywhere else, we loved it & the staff were amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lagoon Beach Resort Apartments? Share your experiences!