“Lagoon Beach Resort - A Little Piece of Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lagoon Beach Resort Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Vila
Lagoon Beach Resort Apartments
You added Lagoon Beach Resort Apartments to your Saves list
Teomou Road | Tassiriki, Port Vila, Efate 9999, Vanuatu   |
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Port Vila
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Lagoon Beach Resort - A Little Piece of Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We booked the Beach Spa Cabin at Lagoon Beach after researching any number of resorts in Vanuatu and it didn't disappoint, it lived up to everything other people had written. Although the resort was probably more than 50% full when we visited we hardly saw a soul except for the gardening staff of which there were plenty to keep the grounds looking immaculate. The cabin itself was exactly as photographed on the resorts website and the private beach was a wonderful oasis to escape to with a book or for an afternoon snooze. The team at Lagoon Beach were all happy & helpful and in their own quiet way made the stay especially enjoyable.

The owners of the resort have recently acquired Iririki Island Resort. Which may in time be a double edged sword. On the positive side guests at Lagoon Beach have free access to Iririki and all its facilities but on the other hand we did notice the supervision staff were being switched between resorts and you were never sure who was running the resort from one day to the next. I suspect this was just part of the bedding in process at Iririki but unless it is sorted soon there could be ramifications in the future for the smooth running of Lagoon Beach.

Finally, don't be put off by any comments you read or hear about simple requests taking too long. You're on Vanuatu, you're running on Island Time, just relax and go with the flow. You weren't in a hurry to get anywhere were you?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My daughter, granddaughter and I have just returned home after spending a week at Lagoon Beach Resort. Guest services staff (Alice, Annie & Wesley) were very friendly and took care of our every need. Our unit (No.5) was great, right near the playground, pool and lagoon. I agree with other reviewers that the website needs to be updated. I would like to say a very big thank you to Felix who went out of his way to make us welcome.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We were checked in by Kevin ( Mr. Perfectly Perfect) and were informed we were the only ones at the whole resort. Very quite at the moment. We did not mind, the only thing was the Bar Cafe was closed for the first few days we were there, so we were unable to even get a snack. Opened after a while and the Banana pancakes were delicious. Menu was not varied much but that's because of the low occupancy. I think we then saw 1 or 2 families just before we left. We had one of the beachview villas, most comfortable with all the comforts of home. We did not use any of the cooking facilities as we ate out all the time but they were there if needed. Definitely used the washing machine. Came in very handy. Room cleaned evey day and to a high standard. The staff at this resort are just wonderful from the office staff to the Kinder teacher Annie and everyone else. Cannot fault the service.
If you stay here you have free boat transfers from Vila to Erakor Island as they are sister resorts. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Waiuku, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Family spent a week here for first time to Vanuatu. These apartments suited us very well - great beds, spacious, very clean (loved the daily servicing!!) and all have a view of the lagoon which looks at its best early morning (not really used for swimming as is bit murky and full of big starfish). Fantastic playground under necessary shady trees, and nice sandy beach area so good for youngsters. Slight disappointment with the casual restaurant/food bar that the menu did not change at all, but lovely eating area by pool. Had a look round several other resorts and were pleased with the standard of accomodation in comparison pricewise. Would happily return here again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed for 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom apartment and found it ideal. The rooms are of a very high quality and are serviced daily, which added to our relaxation.

As a family staying in a self contained apartment was far more economical than a hotel room and allowed us to eat out in a range of restaurants for dinner and enjoy breakfast and lunch in our apartment.

The apartments are laid out in blocks with 4 x 2 bedroom apartments in each block. They are all quite private however I would recommend requesting one closer to the water as some blocks were right up near the road.

We had 3 families in our group, all with young children. Our apartments were next to the kids playground which was great.
The other families we stayed at did comment that the lack of blackout curtains disappointed them, however I sleep with them open anyway so can't say it bothered me.

I did find the pool a bit disappointing and the food was very average.On one evening I ordered a curry that was so salty it was almost inedible.

Having said that when I was after a day by the pool we headed for Le Legon and enjoyed the lovely pool with swim up bar, tropical music, and fabulous atmosphere and outlook, ordered lunch and cocktails
And then enjoyed going back to our spacious apartment rather than a hotel room.

That being said if I were only staying for 5 nights I would opt to stay at Le Legon over Lagoon Beach. We also visited Eratap which is divine but quite isolated. We went up there and enjoyed a beer on the beach at sunset a lovely meal in the restaurant and then came back to Lagoon Beach.
There are no other resorts I would consider in Vanuatu.

• Stayed April 2011
Mooloolaba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Visiting Vanuatu on a business trip, i still wanted to be able to relax. Booking into the resort was effortless. I wasn't sure exactly how i was going to get to the resort, when i arrived there was a man (Wesley), waiting to grab my bags and take me back to my room.
Upon arrival at 10pm, i was showed into my room. It seemed that i was miles away from any sight of the beautiful water i have herd so much about. I asked which direction is it to the water, to which he opened the door to the vila that leads to the deck. The gin clear water was lapping under the deck. I was in heaven. Crabs, starfish, and and fish of all kinds were swimming under the conveniently placed lights mounted under the deck. I even saw an elusive bonefish, greeting me each time i got back to the unit, but left before i could get my fly rod out.
Getting around was a breeze, Wesley was never to far away, or a short walk to the road met one of many buses/vans ready to take me wherever i wanted. Unbelievable restaurants a short walk from the resort. Thank you Vila Chaumieres. or take a trip to Erakor island where the view and food are unmatchable.
The friendly staff at the resort made it an exceptional visit that i will love to return. Thankyou.

Room Tip: If your going solo or with your lady/man. the vilas are excellent . If you want to take your kids...